• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian would need that class a lot. With his relationship with Thyme, Sprinkles, Nova, and Leena as it is. They all like him, well, Sprinkles doesn't. But let's face it, he could use the work.

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
I like that idea for sure!! It's certainly a new idea, I'd be interested to see how your character would intend to teach this, as connections between trainers and Pokemon are largely understood, as far as I see it, as a natural bond. Somewhat like a friendship - you can't teach two people to be friends if their personalities just don't gel, you can't teach a relationship. I suppose if you were planning on having the teacher take it from a practical angle - as in, building the relationship and trust between a trainer and pokemon through various exercises - rather than a theoretical angle, which would be extraordinarily difficult to work out, it would work really well. And it would be fun to RP those classes - I'd have Sel signed up for them!

Could you actually clarify this a bit more - as in, what you see as the educational element of a pokemon/trainer relationship? What purpose would the class have? How would the curriculum be structured in order to achieve these objectives? Obviously only once you've given it some real thought - it would be useful for us to see I think :)

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Hmm well they way I would see the class so far would be cut into weeks of working on a relationship with a singular pokemon in particular a trainer has a problem with. Whether that problem be the pokemon or trainer not listening to what the other has to say or whatever the problem maybe. I also figured it would be more of a psychical class then one that takes notes and hand written tests. Speaking of test I thought they would be test like having to battle with your one pokemon blindfolded so it's only the trainer's words guiding them through it.

The educational element I see in this I guess would to teach students how to better understand how a pokemon feels. I will have to think about this longer so I can come up with more ideas.

Years
Just wondering, Is there anyone else in the Normal-type-specialization class right now? besides Jacy and me of course...I mean, i could have my Zorua transform into a different kind of pokemon so that Sky and Zoro can learn more about other kinds of pokemon, like, a weakness to Zoro's type...

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Edit: What the /heck/, PC ate my message when I tried to edit it. Maaan. >_>

Edit: And then it spit out my post and edited the wrong one! >=/

@Drunk: approved

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I was wondering if these two things were alright to do:

Rudolf needed a change. He's just too based off me.
So, I'm asking if I can change him to this:

Spoiler:

This way, it make him more interesting to play and the story still makes sense.

ALSO!

Mind if I make a Raikou-Dorm student? I was kind of thinking of having her be Rudolf's half-sister or cousin or something. Just wondering if I could do it.

Dawn

Years
You could do it if you want, though I'd recommend against having them be related. You might find it coming to bite you later.

Oh and... alright. I'll look it over and then change your player profile accordingly.

@Jasonwolf: I already told you what's going on. o-o

@Everyone: I've apparently got an Olivia to throw at someone or someones. |D I've also... apparently got an Elizabeth to throw at someone.

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@Drunk: approved
Cool.
@Everyone: I've apparently got an Olivia to throw at someone or someones. |D I've also... apparently got an Elizabeth to throw at someone.
^What does that mean exactly?
Also, is there a Water-specialization class going on right now? I'd like to believe that 'Old Rod' isn't the kind of guy to skip class alone >.>

EDIT: I'm guessing there is, but I can't find it, so who else would be there? … *Goes back to looking*

EDIT2: Aha! Found it, the last mention of Juan was by Tauros14 like six pages ago in the IC… aaannywaaayss…

@Yellow: How exactly do classes work?

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
There's a teacher for every specialization class. If one isn't listed, an appropriate teacher takes their place. Regardless, I mean that I have those two characters available for interaction.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Jeez, six pages while I deal with writer's block and other things. Jonah must be going through some kind of PTSD, or maybe he's revisiting his depression years as noted in his history.

This is absolutely terrible. Marin, this is why I said I wasn't ready to co-GM the reboot with you. However, I did get some feedback from one of the original players that we could have done with the occasional GM kick in the pants if they were taking too long to advance.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Thinking over it some more my character sounds like a Pokemon Connoisseur making the class sound like a connoisseuring class maybe?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Here's my student character! :3
Hope you like.

Spoiler:

Dawn

Years
Sorry about the delay, guys. |D Computer troubles and other confusion. Thanks for pointing that out Kiklion, I'll go fix it. And I'll look over your character in just a moment, Kiyoshi :P

EDIT: Kiyoshi, your new character is approved.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I've been thinking of making a teacher for a bit and was wondering what people thought of a pokemon and trainer relationship kind of class. The class would be about working on a trainer's connection with his/her pokemon so they work better in battles/contest. Does that sound good?

Oddly enough that was sorta the kinda class I was giving N

Question though, why does everyone keep thinking this is fast paced for a forum RP? =/

Dawn

Years
@Genevieve: It's alright. Get better soon. :P

@Bassiroth: I can't presume to understand what I've never taken the time to research, but I do amuse myself by wondering what they'd think if they saw a chat based RP where posts are a matter of minutes, not days or hours. |D

...Or what LawOfTheLand said, actually. People age out of roleplaying. It's a rather sad phenomenon. Y'know how with video games you've got all those uncool people constantly complaining about how this is a rip off of that or nothing ever changes or this isn't cool anymore or this ruined this and how video gaming has taken a dive for the worst, etcetera etcetera...

Yeah... That's because they grew out of video games. It's where the saying "Video games are for kids" came from. They never meant physical age with that saying so much as our forefathers knew that adults just tended to grow out of games at some point. The thing being, a similar phenomenon happens in roleplaying. People grow out of it. It's a really sad fate, honestly, because as far as I can tell they're doomed to never enjoy it again. (I'm not even joking. I feel sorry for those people, because things like roleplaying and video games aren't things that should be grown out of.)

To avoid that fate you have to change your mindset. But now I'm going on a tangeant. The point is that people who suffer from that have a tendency to feel unmotivated, which can do awful things to your ability to roleplay.

@Kiklion: When I went to investigate, I found that I actually did put Austin in the SU list. :P He can be found in Part 2 (Maybe you only searched Part 3? The fast way to find your character is to open the spoiler in any of the three parts and just CTRL+F and search your character's name. c:) second to last from the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back