• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

d00bt00b

Genxo
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
I've just beaten the 8th gym in Pokemon Pearl, and my team is somewhat under-leveled.
My team:
Torterra LV. 37
Quagsire LV. 37
Rapidash LV. 40
Staraptor LV. 38
Toxicroak LV. 41

I need one more Pokemon to complete my team, but I don't know which. I was thinking either Weavile or Pikachu with a Light Ball (I have them both).
Also, what level should my team be before I challenge the Elite Four, and how do I level them up more because I've already fought most of the trainers in the region.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 19, 2024
i would suggest weavile because its a dark and ice type, good against lucian who has psychic types and good against bertha who has ground types. im looking at a guide book right now and the champions pokemon are at lv.60. i would advise getting to lv.55. you would train using the vs seeker to rebattle trainers
i'm about to play leafgreen again and so far im thinking of getting squirtle, sandshrew, abra, grimer, scyther, and magmar. i dont really know if their good choices or not since i made this team out pokemon i havent raised yet.

Last edited:
Years
Elite Four Help

Ok, I made a thread that requested help with the elite four. After following that advice I decided I need to start a new game and focus on what people had said, and now have a bigger dilemma :L I don't know who to put in my team to face the elite four. These are the choices I have (Feel free to add in a pokemon you would use)

-Emolga
-Gigalinth
-Krookodile
-Stunfisk
-Fraxure
-Conkeldurr
-Pawniard
-Gothorita
-Elektrik
-Accelgor
-Excadrill
-Litwick
-Druddigon
-Cofagrigus
-Escavalier
--Sesmitoad
-Swanna
-Scrafty
-Emboar
-Vanilluxe

As you can see, theres a lot and im not too sure which ones would be better/worse ect so any team suggestions/moveset suggestions would be great thank you :)

Years
Joltick/galvantula or jolteon

So I need an electric type pokemon for my black two team. Should I choose the spider or the dog? I like them both, but don't really know anything about their stats. So which would y'all choose.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
jolteon is much faster and old school :P but galvantula looks bad ass competitively I would choose jolteon but galvantula is awesome looking :P definitely a much better spider than ariados :P

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
When I compared both, Joltik + Electro Ball was a sweeper, but I pick Jolteon because it only has one weakness, and thus more resistant.

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
Years
EV Training question.> _ <

Okies honestly idk where this thread should belong so if its wrong sorry and change it please.> _ <

Ok i started ev training my pokemon so they could stand a chance for online matches and so the question is Can i Train HP for 10 lvls then switch for DEFENSE Another 10 and all the other stats?So All my stats can be equal?Or do i have to just train 1 stat?
Also can i begin EV training at lvl 30?@ _ @
Sorry if you dont understand.> _ <

Years
So I made a thread about my team and it got moved to who knows where so i will just post here.

I need an electric type for my B2 team but I don't know if I should go for Galvantula or Jolteon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
So I made a thread about my team and it got moved to who knows where so i will just post here.

I need an electric type for my B2 team but I don't know if I should go for Galvantula or Jolteon.

Well that depends on what your team is. Galvantula has a unique type combination and knows some pretty decent moves. Jolteon would be my choice, because it has great speed and special attack.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okies honestly idk where this thread should belong so if its wrong sorry and change it please.> _ <

Ok i started ev training my pokemon so they could stand a chance for online matches and so the question is Can i Train HP for 10 lvls then switch for DEFENSE Another 10 and all the other stats?So All my stats can be equal?Or do i have to just train 1 stat?
Also can i begin EV training at lvl 30?@ _ @
Sorry if you dont understand.> _ <
You can do that but...
If you go this way... you will be obliterated in online matchups.
EV points in all stats might look interesting and it might sound that Pokemon will be great in every aspect but in fact it would mean that all your stats would only have 84 EV points... And compared to Pokemon who specialize in only 2 stats, you wouldn't hold much...
It's best to train only 2 most useful stats depending on what you want to use specific Pokemon.
And EV training can be done at any level.

Soile

Eevee Breeder
Years
I'm not having a lot of luck breeding, and it isn't that critical anyway, so I'm forcing myself to choose between these two Absols. The question is, do I take the nature I want or the ability I want?

Specifically, Adamant Pressure Absol or Quirky Super Luck Absol?

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I'm not having a lot of luck breeding, and it isn't that critical anyway, so I'm forcing myself to choose between these two Absols. The question is, do I take the nature I want or the ability I want?

You should choose Adamant Pressure Absol because it will help Absol and even with Super Luck, critical rate will be not as much high.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Well... the best set would be Adamant Super Luck Absol but... oh well...
It would solely depend on your Absol's set... but with Quirky, even the Super Luck won't help much, go for Adamant Pressure.

cibir

Blaine's Apprentice
Years
Help for a fire-type trainer?

Hey! I've wanted to put together a fire-type team forEVER, and obviously there's a huge type disadvantage with Water. Now I have Black version, and have essentially all the Pokemon to date at my disposal.

So far, I'm basing my team around a Charizard and a Rapidash. I have not yet decided about the other members. I would be using it for battles with friends and my second victory against the elite four.

Does anyone have any suggestions about fire Pokemon that might be able to learn powerful grass- or electric-type moves? I would still be at a defensive disadvantage, but at least I could knock them out quickly.

Also, is there anything else I should know when building a fire-type team? Thanks. :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey! I've wanted to put together a fire-type team forEVER, and obviously there's a huge type disadvantage with Water. Now I have Black version, and have essentially all the Pokemon to date at my disposal.

So far, I'm basing my team around a Charizard and a Rapidash. I have not yet decided about the other members. I would be using it for battles with friends and my second victory against the elite four.

Does anyone have any suggestions about fire Pokemon that might be able to learn powerful grass- or electric-type moves? I would still be at a defensive disadvantage, but at least I could knock them out quickly.

Also, is there anything else I should know when building a fire-type team? Thanks. :)
Most Fire types can learn Solarbeam.
Who you should add is Ninetales with Drought ability as your lead, not only to fire Solarbeams in one turn but also to decrease water power.
Another good addition is Arcanine with Wild Charge.
Also your Rapidash can learn Wild Charge.
There are some fire types that can learn Thunderpunch so the choice is yours ;)

Suskel

Absolute Zero
Years
Suskel's First Black/White 2 Playthrough, Need a team!

Hello! New member Suskel here with a plea for help.

I needed help building a casual all around team for my first Black/White 2 playthrough.
I don't know the game, where anything is, or anything concerning the pokemon.

Would anybody be able to work out a full, optimal team for me, using Glaceon, Serperior, and Ampharos so specifically?
My main focus is on all around gameplay. I wish to be ready for whatever this game throws at me.

I also have a friend who is able to send me other starter Pokemon if just Snivy won't cut it.

Thanks!
~Suskel

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
you can catch a mareep at flocesy ranch right past second town(its before your first gym battle)and u can catch an evee in castelia city(u find it by going into the sewers and goin up a set of stairs, they will be a area with regular and double pokemon grass with a tree in the center)to obtain an glaceon though before elite 4 u will haft to trade to a b or w version and go to twist mt to the icy rock.

for a fire type you can catch a magby(b2) or a growlithe in the virbank complex, or a litwick in the tower near the 6th badge. u can also catch rilou,psyduck, and azurill at flocesy ranch

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Grass-type Moveset Help

Hello my friends!

I have been playing pokemon, casually, since I first for Pokemon Red back in the day. My first real video game. Recently, I've been getting back into it and decided to make a serious team.

Grass is my favorite type, despite some of it's pitfalls. But, besides them, I still want to train a team that I enjoy rather than selling out and taking Pokemon I don't like for their effectiveness. The lineup I chose is, I think, a pretty good team for basics.

What I need help on is Movesets; I am completely new to Generations III+, so am a little lost. Here's my team lineup.

Venasaur - Grass/Poison - Going to be one of my Tanks. He's got a lot of defense right now and is one of my oldest pokemon(got him from a friend from HG I think?). Probably want to use him as my first in the lineup, and give him some battle buffing abilities like Sunny Day. Thoughts?

Torterra - Grass/Ground - Another tankish Pokemon, his defense is great, but doesn't have as good resistances as Venasaur.

Virizion - Grass/Fighting - My newest team member, I really like this guy. The fighting in him gives him 6 resistances total, and 4 vulnerabilities. Very high special defense, which is kinda needed.

Tropius - Grass/Flying - Needed a pokemon with Fly, tbh. But, he's not a bad 'mon, just not as good as the other in my lineup.

Ferrothorn - Grass/Steel - A real beast. Huge pain to level up for some reason, but he's only got 2 vulnerabilities and a truckload of resists.

Lefeon - Grass - Probably my favorite, no idea why haha! My only Grass only, but he can learn some good moves.

If anyone has some links or guides on the best Grass-type moves, or certain moves that you think would benefit the team, would be much obliged! Also, any expertise you'd be willing to share on held items(right now I'm using a mixture of Big Roots, Miracle Seeds, and Scopes I think), would enjoy.

Thanks!

Back