• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
He is faster then all of my Pokemon one shot KOs all of my guys with bulldozer and rock slide where can I find more water Pokemon to the point I am at?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
What I recommend you to do:

1.Like PikachuAddict said to you, level up them to lv.30, at least try to train them more.
2.Once you train them more ~lv.30 use your grass types first, then use your water type, but DON'T use Joltik first, put him in the last slot!

Years
SS team

So I got SS yesterday and got through the first two gyms with just my starter and a zubat, but today I tried the third gym and both my guys fainted. I really need a new team member or two but I have no idea who to add. My starter is cyndaquil and like I said, I have a zubat. I was thinking about getting a sentret, and I really want some fighting type for this gym especially. So what do you guys suggest?

Years
What levels are your Pokémon at right now? I'd suggest rather than getting Sentret, you get a fighting type, a female fighting type to beat Whitney. Heracross is really good, you can headbutt it out of the trees in Azela Town. You can also get a Machop by trading a Drowzee for one in the Goldenrod Department Store.

Years
My quilava is a level 21 and my zubat is a level 18 or 19, I can't remember which. So why a female fighting type? And would Herecross be a long term team member or would I want to get rid of it?

Years
My quilava is a level 21 and my zubat is a level 18 or 19, I can't remember which. So why a female fighting type? And would Herecross be a long term team member or would I want to get rid of it?

A female fighting type because she likes to inflict infatuation on male Pokémon, which makes them miss 50% of the time. As for whether Heracross would be a long term member, it really depends on you. I used my Heracross through the E4.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
What pokemon should I use for my 6th member (Gold Version)

Ok, so I don't know what pokemon to use as my final member of my team. As of now, I am in the the 4th gym city and my team is:

Crocnaw
Alakazam (w/ firepunch, thunderpunch, icepunch, and psybeam)
Golem
Fearow
Machamp

All level 21. Please help!!

myhobs

joann09
Years
for me, maybe a fire type, but its not necessary because you already have a flying type.. For me a powerful fire type is a houndoom..

11wildy

Me!
Years
Heracross is awesome, definitely worth in the long run. same goes for Machamp if you can trade though. Furret isn't really good, all it has is a huge movepool that all normal types have.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Go for Magneton. It synergises really well with the other fice of your team and it will leave you resisted to every single type, while not being extremely weak to one type.

Years
Team help

Every time I put this thread here it ends up getting moved and I can never find it. So here goes again. As usual, I need about three more members of my team. So far, my team is as follows.

Quilava
Lvl. 22

Zubat
lvl. 20

Heracross
lvl. 6 7 or 8

I also have a machop but I will get rid of him after the third gym.

Years
Team Recommendations?

So I'm playing through Black 2 right now and i need 3 pokes for my team and cant chose so I need your help
Current team going for guys i dont use often
1.Oshawott
2.Pidove(To be replaced with Madibuzz)
3.Venipede

Thanks for the help

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hey so far in Black 2 I'm in Driftveil City and this is my team.
Current team:

Pignite ♀ lv. 29
Naive nature
- Arm Thrust
- Rollout
- Strength
- Flame Charge

Umbreon ♂ lv. 29
Careful nature
- Assurance
- Covet
- Quick Attack
- Bite

Ampharos ♂ lv. 30
Naive nature
- Take Down
- Charge
- Confuse Ray
- ThunderPunch

Azumarill ♀ lv. 30 (If you get the reference for the nickname, then you're awesome.)
Serious nature
- Aqua Tail
- Return
- BubbleBeam
- Double-Edge

Lucario ♂ lv. 28
Mild nature
- Rock Smash
- Force Palm
- Endure
- Counter

Rufflet ♂ lv. 29 (traded over an egg from White version)
Careful nature
- Wing Attack
- Slash
- Sky Drop
- Aerial Ace

I have also been switching out Azumarill with a Krokorok and been using Azumarill only when needed like for Surf.
Krokorok is at lv. 31 and these are it's moves
- Dig
- Swagger
- Sand Tomb
- Rock Tomb

Though I've been thinking of having Azumarill as a permanent team member , but I still want to evolve Krokorok into Krokodile and use him so I'm not sure.

So I was wonderingwhat other people would do.
Should I just stick with just Azumarill and evolve Krokorok later? Will I need Surf alot to complete the game?

I can't choose really so thanks for the help.

Also was thinking of replacing Azumarill with something else. What's a good Water type that I use for Surf? I was thinking Frillish/ Jellicent.

Thanks guys!

Years
Frillish/Jellicent is a pretty good option for a Water-type (and Ghost-type). They are found in Virbank City and Humilau City when surfing. It has a good type combination and a good movepool, as well as handy abilities.

Starmie can also come in handy later on cos of its good Speed and Special Attack. A good Starmie moveset should consist of Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, all obtained from TMs. You can catch Staryu on Route 13 and evolve it with a Water Stone.

I recommend these two but take your pick.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I kind want a Water starter I can get pretty much find right away from the moment i get Surf. Though is Surf used often in these games??

Cause I'm wondering if I should permanently have that said Water-type on my team instead of Krokorok.

Years
You can get Ducklett on the Driftveil Drawbridge.

They learn both Fly and Surf, making for a great HM slave for them.

Back