• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yay, thanks for answering my question :) I was like, "Am I retarded?" And YES TO THE NEW RELEASE!!!

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
ok guys. this is it. the release of the beta 1.1 patch is here. i have a feeling i have forgotton something though so please post ANY bug you find.

just a quick thanks to HackMew for helping me fix a bug with the pokecenters and more. LOL XD. thanks HackMew again. i couldnt of done it without you :P.

well heres the link:

www.linkandzelda.info/lc.html
mirror: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ynalo9

i know my site goes down quite often so i posted a mirror this time. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get it from my site though :P if its down then use the mirror.

well enjoy. heres the full changelog:

• inside of the pokemon centers stairs have been removed due to buggy upstairs and no purpose. the only remainin gone is inside the league.
  • redid the gym remaches pokemon so they are MUCH harder now and better.
  • redid zanes pokemon to be much harder too.
  • added in a few extras like more better way to recive the 2nd gen starters. (not saying where though :P)
  • fixed ALOT of bugs. there are still a few but i hope i havent forgoten any
  • added in the male and female trainer encounters music to give it a much more GSC feel
  • added in a new elms lab mix much better than before
  • improved goldenrods music so it dosnt beep now
  • thats about it i think. probably forgotten something though LOL

again please post any new bugs found.

thanks in advance
link

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
tms should be fixed. whirlpool isnt really because it takes a long time to do it :P.

note to people about headbutt trees. i tried it and it worked perfect first time. as it should. also a note on bugs with tms. the only bug is the descriptions are not edited from the original FR ones. that shouldnt make a difference to which pokemon can learn which tm.

another note. if people find the zane battle to hard then i might have to lower the pokes a bit. i almost lost a tester becuase they spent 2-3 hours trying to beat him.

link

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Perfect, now I will find myself a Heracross!!!

I'm pretty sure I found a bug, the second Gym trainer in Falkner's GYm, when you both send your Pokemon out the game freezes :/ It says BIOS is missing a file named 051ee020 :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2009
What does this patch do exactly? Im a bit behind on what the patch was gong to do.'

EDIT: ok i read the change log, but i was hoping for the other kanto towns to open up.
and ive had a question that ive been meaning to ask. could i use a save file from the first beta on this patch?
Or a save state maybe?

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
ok. the bug is confermed. i'm fixing it now. and yes you should be able to but you might experience issues.

link

linkandzelda

Years
ok. its fixed. wait about 1-2 minurs for it to upload to the server. ignore the mirror for now. i'll make one when its needed.

edit: oh well. i'll do the mirror now...

link

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2009
Nice a new patch 1.1 awesome job LaZ.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That bug is fixed, but now Elm's assistant is missing in the Pokecenter, and you can't pass the guy with the Miracle Seed without speaking with him :/

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
Hmm

Just when I got past the 4th gym.. You release another vesion. PFFT! This is a great hack, I demand to play the full version with no errors!
Good Luck! (Although you dont need it)
~Downloads new patch

¬Neo

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
i think you should make the goldenrod city mart a little taller and if u can probably make it if u can see the roof top square. hmm also i was wondering what you were going to do for the phone thing?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I'm not sure if this is because I'm continuing from a previous save file or not but... The tm's aren't fixed.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
also theres a glitch with tuscany or something of the snow flakes when you talk to her her lines appear but she still keeps walking around and on the map when you are in mahogany town it says your on route 29 still

Years
I of course am a n00b when it comes to hacking, but as a suggestion for whirlpool...

Would it be possible to copy the effects of cut somehow as a temporary fix? I have a feeling it's a bit more complex than that, but you know...

And really? Headbutt doesn't crash yuor game? Hmm maybe I was just unlucky...

Top floors are removed from PC's...? Err... I still see some...Maybe it didn't patch properly.

If you try to examine the far left Poke Doll giver thing on the roof of goldenrod, the game crashes..

...If you examine the pokemon center's bookshelf in Goldenrod, you get 8 ????????'s added to your item pouch. When used, Oak Scolds you with his "This isn't the time to use that" and store keepers refuse to buy it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back