• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Desegrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hey the tiles in this game look awsome. Dont let giradialkiaget to you. He does it to everyone. Your game is going to turn out great.

Don't let giradialkia get you ?
He's not trying to get to him, he's a moderator for the Rom-Hacking section. He's doing what he's suppose to do, and the rest of his comment was criticism something you would expect on the internet.

I'm liking the tiles of the hack, never the less, they all look good and wonderful, I'd love to play this when it's released.

Good Luck Nurse!!

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Update + I RETURN

:UPDATE:
June 24th 2012

Today is a very special day, as I have returned after a long space of absence.
I've been away for about a month, working on ideas to make the game unique, aswell as a side project that would link in with it. Here's a short list of the research I've done:

• A save transfer system to make the game bigger, Inspired by old Playstation '2 disc games' such as Metal Gear Solid. This would have involved putting the player on a transport where the first 'Disc' (or is this case, rom) ended. From there the player would transfer the save file into a new folder with the second 'Disc' and continue on, allowing more scripts to be implimented. (This was one of the main reasons I didn't start scripting straight away.)
  • The password system I was trying to impliment was kind of a flop. Reason: too complex. I decided to make it extremely simple and limit it to after game completion.
  • Implimenting a game chapter select feature. While this wasn't a complete flop, it has been the main consumer of time. I eventually settled on a system where the player only got to play other sidequests. (E.g: The player chooses Sidequest A during the main story, After the main story is done, the player gets the option to do sidequest B and/or C)
As for actual progress, Not much has been made. Most of my time has been involved in writing plot and character dialogue.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]
Does it have all the pokemon from gen 1-5?
[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Both yes and no. I'm hoping to get a pokedex of 200 regional pokemon, which would be a mix of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova pokemon. (about 40 from each)

Last edited:

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
429.gif
UPDATE JUNE 28th
429.gif

I've added 12 newish screenshots. New intro and titlescreen are fully inserted.
Just have to work on scripting and the last few maps and you'll get a BETA 0.5 Release!

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
You've done a fabulous job inserting the tiles and everything seems to work in harmony. Your mapping thus far looks very clean and gives space for events and people which is nice. It has a natural, simple look to it which looks very clean to the eyes. As giradialkia said however, the story seems to be going somewhere but we are left clueless. If you're going to leave the story as a sort of surprise, you should at least include some information about further events in the game instead of leaving us at such a clueless point.

The game itself looks very promising so good luck on completing it!
(You really should credit everyone who's tiles you've used out of courtesy, they would be a little frustrated to earn a minimal amount of recognition, I mean, they did make these tiles).

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
You've done a fabulous job inserting the tiles and everything seems to work in harmony. Your mapping thus far looks very clean and gives space for events and people which is nice. It has a natural, simple look to it which looks very clean to the eyes. As giradialkia said however, the story seems to be going somewhere but we are left clueless. If you're going to leave the story as a sort of surprise, you should at least include some information about further events in the game instead of leaving us at such a clueless point.

The game itself looks very promising so good luck on completing it!
(You really should credit everyone who's tiles you've used out of courtesy, they would be a little frustrated to earn a minimal amount of recognition, I mean, they did make these tiles).

I'm putting together a list of credits for tiles at the moment, I'm also working on new routes and the first few events. (Wooh scripting!)

Also I've put in some special grass and pond tiles, in which rare pokemon will appear, and I've made rockclimb a move (hope people don't miss headbutt though...)

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Glad to see a good looking mod with an active modder! Too many abandoned mods on this forum...

helmy96

Now planning a hack, nid help
Years
Fantastic story + awesome tiles = super awesome thread XD keep it up man, you'll gain more fans in no time :)

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
:Update:
July 3rd 20122

Pokemon-FireRedGBA_01-1.png
Pokemon-FireRedGBA_02-1.png

I've started working on both scripting and tile animations, and soon
some beautiful water will be inserted! (hopefully...)
Also I've completed a new area, Larch River, which will be included in
Beta 0.5. Speaking of which, If I can get these tiles done and scripts working, I'll be able to release by (again hopefully) July 21st.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]:Larch River:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]​

Last edited:
Years
Wow......just wow..............I am lost for words, an amazing story and graphics, its the complete package!

Shaly

#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
Years
Love the new screenshots! Keep it up! Close to a beta i hope :D?!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Shaly, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

Nurse Barbra, just PM either myself or giradialkia if you would like this thread to be reopened :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back