• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2012
Just played for the first time
Good work, I love the idea to follow the anime haha and when ho oh flies across at the start. I know you are probably aware of it, but unless I've downloaded an old file their really needs to be some work on ash in battle. I know that that's pretty difficult I tried myself, I'm just saying you could be better of trying to edit red's sprite from fire red, just an idea, but great work please don't let it die this has so much potential

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Just a question. I won Celadon's gym, and solved the Diglett problem, the Power Plant problem and won that championship just for fighting pokemon. What do i do now?

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2012
Well, just registered after installing this, wanted to say thank you to Metapod for all the work he's done. And I just had one quick question, if you don't follow the events of the anime are you penalized in anyways?

Say I catch a Pokemon Ash didn't or choose to evolve say Squirtle or Bulbasaur will events happen differently or just not at all since I changed stuff?

Years
  • Seen today
Well, just registered after installing this, wanted to say thank you to Metapod for all the work he's done. And I just had one quick question, if you don't follow the events of the anime are you penalized in anyways?

Say I catch a Pokemon Ash didn't or choose to evolve say Squirtle or Bulbasaur will events happen differently or just not at all since I changed stuff?
Catching a Pokemon Ash didn't will certainly not affect your journey. However NOT CATCHING a Pokemon Ash had, as well as PREMATURELY EVOLVING some of them inaccordingly with the episodes from the anime, WILL definitely cause certain events to not occur. Here are some examples:

- At the Viridian Forest (the Samurai event): a wild Beedril is supposed to take away your Metapod which you would have to eventually save from the Kakuna nest; this won't happen if: 1) you don't have a Metapod in your party by the time you battle the Samurai; 2) your Metapod evolved into Butterfree right after the Battle with the Samurai; Bottom line is it must stay a Metapod before & after that battle.

- The Bulbasaur event (the Mysterious Garden where wild Bulbasaur gather to evolve) won't be triggered if you had previously evolved your Bulbasaur (also in this event the old Venusaur teaches Solar Beam to your Bulbasaur)

- North-east of Cinnabar Island is where you're supposed to help the Wartortle/Blastoise wake up from their deep sleep, this again won't happen if you had evolved your Squirtle

etc.

Although I must remind you those events are more of an optional challenge, they're not necessary to the course of your game. It's also up to you whether you want to release some of your Pokemon like Ash did or not.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2012
Ah okay, that helps a bunch, really appreciate it. I'll probably play as if I'm ash for now, seems like it will be fun. Now since I'm early on, if Pidgeotto evolves would that mess up the episode where ash gives it away after it evolves?

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
When the next update comes will we be able to use our old files?
And if we can will it work if my file is only a save state cuz I couldn't get it to save properly.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2012
Try switching your save type. Options>Emulator>Save Type>Flash 128K is the most common fix I found.

But for me that didn't work so I found a different ROM which fixed the problem.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I tried to battle Ritchie, but I can't. It says that I'm not scheduled to have a battle. Something wrong?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
Is it possible to make ASH GREY version for the Mac please? or no, is there anyway to convert it?

Years
When the next update comes will we be able to use our old files?
And if we can will it work if my file is only a save state cuz I couldn't get it to save properly.
The next update will come when the time comes so please be patient like us all and if you have a problem regarding saving then you would have to start all over again when the new patch be available..

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Not sure if you guys know about this or I had a old patch but if you have the raft and go to get snorlax above him it asks if you want to use the raft and you can use the raft and glide across the grass.

Years
Ah okay, that helps a bunch, really appreciate it. I'll probably play as if I'm ash for now, seems like it will be fun. Now since I'm early on, if Pidgeotto evolves would that mess up the episode where ash gives it away after it evolves?
No that event is not as important as you think. you just don't talk with the man and thus you will keep pidgeotto by your self.. Also Pidgeot has many events in the game so i recommend you keep it..

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Pidgeotto is supposed to evolve :D

Is it possible to make ASH GREY version for the Mac please? or no, is there anyway to convert it?
It's not about Ash Gray. It's about VBA on Mac.
If Mac can somehow emulate Windows interface or something, you should be able to run VBA and Ash Gray with it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2012
1st of all let me say that I ****ing LOVE that hack!!

And I found a pretty cool glitch... when you use raft on the left side of the snorlax you can just exit the water with your raft and cruise with your raft =P It'll go away when you enter a house, change the route or so but I thought it's pretty funny^^

I hope it doesn't damage the game but I'll try...

Oh and it seems like for me the game goes unbeatable... or don't you have to complete the Gym where you have to have a fight pokemon in oder to get the 5th badge??? Because if you have I can't find a fight pokemon anymore -.-

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2012

Pidgeotto is supposed to evolve :D

I got that but what i mean is, say I evolve it before it happens in the anime where they take on the Fearow and Spearow would it ruin that or should i leave it as a Pideotto until I get to that part?

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
The next update will come when the time comes so please be patient like us all and if you have a problem regarding saving then you would have to start all over again when the new patch be available..

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as impatient, I was just wondering about the save thing, thank you for answering me!

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
Metapod23 why?

:disappoint
i'm dissapointed because you did'nt added the orange islands
metapod you are my idol so you beter add them!!!

Back