• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Competitive Team

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
I'm going to point out that this team is hardly meant for Wi-Fi, otherwise I would have better strategies and switch out Pokemon or movesets. (I have my eyes set on challengers from my area, who are just complete amateurs xD I'm a newbie at heart according to the world though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
S/P Wall

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: "Neutral"
EVs: 252 Defense/252 HP/4 Attack
-Power Split
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Toxic

Shuckle is mixed wall (Special < Physical) and will mostly block off physical sweepers. Power Split will enable Shuckle to be able to do something (i.e. pulling off a Toxic and Gyro Ball.) I seriously find that Earthquake useless to have. I may plan on replacing with Thunderwave.
S/P Sweeper

Salamence @ Dragon Gem
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Speed/252 Sp. Attack/4 Attack
-Flamethrower
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

Salamence is my mixed sweeper. Scarf-less, I'm very confident he will be able to outspeed anything (not to mention that he has 31 IVs in Speed.) Draco Meteor is his beast Sp. sweep that has an incredible base power to destroy anything (+Dragon Gem). I feel that he just needs something though :/
Baton Passer?

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Calm/Timid
EVs: 252 HP/232 Speed/24 Sp. Defense
-Ice Beam
-Shell Smash
-Substitute
-Baton Pass

I can definitely see that Gorebyss is not capable of being a great Baton Passer due to the lack of speed. I can accept Gorebyss taking a few hits, but unless I'm sure he can outspeed anything, Shell Smashed Salamence would be lethal. (Note the item Gorebyss is holding also. It negates negative stat effects.)
Revenge Killer?

Weavile @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Speed/252 Attack/4 HP
-Beat Up
-Ice Shard
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

I, too, am unsure about my Weavile (Revenge Killer?). Even though she can outspeed just about anything (un-scarfed, that is) I just can't seem to fit that Swords Dance in there. I'm very confident her my Ice Shard and Beat Up though. I had no idea what to use for an item, so I thought to myself, why not spam with Metronome Ice Shard? Most likely to hit first with increased damage every turn.
S. Sweeper

Golduck @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Cloud Nine
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Surf

I find Golduck being a very fast Special Sweeper. He can take out just about anything my team encounters. A shame there aren't too many good Special Ground moves, otherwise he would be perfect. Wise Glasses are just for show. Based on my battles (Wi-Fi and Subway) he has outsped most enemies.
P. Sweeper

Braviary @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
-Return (Max Happiness)
-Brave Bird
-Super Power
-Bulk Up

A fine Physical Sweeper if you ask me. I've had slight experiences with Staraptor, but I knew Braviary was for me. All his attacks are very deadly, (Return and Brave Bird followed with STAB.) He regenerates some health from a well done Brave Bird afterwards. Super Power's negative stat effects are treated with Bulk Up. (Bulk Up then Super Power for a 1.5x more dmg.) He is just a beast.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
Ok so this is semi-competetive right so not too much or too hardcore. First for Shuckle yea you could give it Thunderwave but it would weaken your gyro ball since this is gen5 i assume it can learn venoshock which if the opponent is poisoned venoshock's power is doubled from 65 to 130 a powerful move after powersplit dont invest in hp the reasonn is its defenses must be prestine and leftovers need to do its job it doesnt have much in hp but thats ok they wont do much damage unless its a massive attack say a Draco meteor powered by dragon gem(lol). Overall I think it looks ready to wall almost anything.

Salamence is an excellent choice for a mixed sweeper personally its a hit and get out kinda deal so yea thats what i think it should be anyways. Good moveset it covers alot but if an opponent might have an Ice move I definately wouldn't try using him he will be a BIG asset to your team FTW.

Gorebyss is meh....frail and i mean that in the nicest way it has a base 105 def. I like gorebyss it was a part in my team on emerald and sapphire but its use is limited for competetive it will be a baton passer so sub may not be the best for it just because you dont want to lower you hp any for anyone else to make a priority move for a KO. I would suggest breeding for confuse ray or you might have pokesav so just hack it to it. Thats about all for this poke.

Weavile(Revenge Killer) I love this thing give it Adamant nature not much can outspeed it and give it some high damage attacks like brick break or night slash or shadow claw, etc. do alot of damage for revenge and switch that is it's job basically. U-Turn would be good bc alot of competetive battling is predicting and switching at the right moment and of course dealing damage with U-Turn yeah can do all.

Golduck is ok as is you can't add much only Blizzard instead of Ice Beam bc its not ingame its against your friends or foes whichever you see them as but nonetheless go for broke go big or go home. Alot of people choos high accuracy attacks I know I prefer them over the low accurate and low pp but in these battles all gloves are off, enough said its your choice.

Braviary is Strong no denying it but I'm going to insist you give up bulk up it will just lose one turn for a potetially critical move it will give your opponent a safe switch in for just 1atk and def boost in my thats not worth a turn for a Braviary. Give it U-Turn deal some big damage on the switch when they think you are going to setup you the obvious Brave-bird and switch to something safe. lol they wont know what to do they pretty much have to switch again to recover from the last switch.

I think I've got them all I didn't touch on items I will let someone else do that I'm good with movesets and the like not what they hold. Except give Weavile Choice-Band hit and switch good deal.

Back