• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Ok... I'm having a problem. I'm trying to import FR map tilesets over Ruby tilesets, for the better graphics. Anyways, When I import it along with the block data, the tiles come up messed up.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2011
is it possible to change what pokemon you get when you revive fossils in emerald??
i know how to change names and stuff but i have searched and got nothing

any info is apreciated :P

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
OK, I will restate my question because the last person that answered me didn't understand my question....

In the block editor, I want to move like 20 tiles quickly all at once, downward and fill in other blocks that I added to the bottom of the tileset. Is this possible? I know if you select a tile you can hole CTRL and RIGHT-CLICK to select all the blocks for that one tile and then manually go to the empty block/tile and insert that there. I'm asking for a way to move like 20 tiles all downward to the extra blocks I added at the end of my tilesets (If you really want to know, I'm trying to get Punk Rocker's Kyledove rombase onto Ruby). It took me like literally 2 hours of copying and pasting tile after a tile to finally get one tileset working on ruby.
Why not just export the block data from Punk Rocker's patch and then import it to your ROM? Also twenty blocks isn't that much, you'll be able to do it all in a shorter amount of time than it would to figure out how to do it via hex.

Any way to prevent Pokemon revival during a match?
Pokemon revival? As in using revives? Not without ASM. You can make a script to check for any revives and then remove them though.

Ok... I'm having a problem. I'm trying to import FR map tilesets over Ruby tilesets, for the better graphics. Anyways, When I import it along with the block data, the tiles come up messed up.
Map tilesets? As in the tileset for the World Map? Or do you mean just normal tilesets for a map? If so, Ruby has smaller maximum dimensions for tilesets. You'll need to rearrange some things from the exported FR tileset. Theres quite a bit of space so it is possible.

i was wondering if someone could help me make a title screen for my ruby hack? PM me if you can help.
You should try doing it yourself first, then when you have problems you can ask here. Theres some tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials Forum, take a look there. Do a search if you can't find it.

is it possible to change what pokemon you get when you revive fossils in emerald??
i know how to change names and stuff but i have searched and got nothing

any info is apreciated :P
It sure is. You just need to edit the script. Its done with a simple givepokemon command you just need to edit the Pokemon parameter.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
Who can answer these questions

1-What are the Address Offsets or to change the animation of Water, Flowers and symbols of those scripts!,? and ♥?

2-What Offset to change Crys Pokecrygui in the Emerald?

3-how that changes the music of wild pokemon of just one or more maps?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Please help me! I need help changing the hero sprite! I do not even know the program i am supposed to use! I have searched google about a billion times but it never gave me what i wanted! Help!

In order to change the hero sprite, you need a tool called Unlz-gba. If you want a link to it, Click here: Unlz-gba!

If you want to change the OW of the hero, you need OWE.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Okay, so I'm playing Pokemon Platinum via ROM, and was wondering if it is possible to connect to WiFi with it? I've tried, but it just gives me a connection error :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I have a question. If I import a new tileset in FR or Ruby, how do I make the animations work for the doors and flowers? If I try to make a door/warp behavior byte and walk in, the door doesn't move.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I have a question. If I import a new tileset in FR or Ruby, how do I make the animations work for the doors and flowers? If I try to make a door/warp behavior byte and walk in, the door doesn't move.

To make the door usable, go to Block Editor in Advance Map. On the left side, scroll down to find the door. Click on it. You will find on the right side, a section called Behavior Byte. If it's 00 00, change it to 69 00, as in Use door/warp.
You will also see Background Byte; Make it 00 20.

For the animation of the door, not sure. :\ Sorry.

Hope that helps.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Could somebody provide me with a diagram of the Bulbasaur line's evolution data in Crystal? This would help me get a better idea of how evolution editing in hex works, thanks.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
How do you hack Super Mario Brothers 1? I want to make something harder than Super Mario Brothers 2 (JAP), or known here, SMB: Lost Levels (U). Just need some map editing and music editing. The rest, I'll try to figure out. Please no HEX.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
How do you hack Super Mario Brothers 1? I want to make something harder than Super Mario Brothers 2 (JAP), or known here, SMB: Lost Levels (U). Just need some map editing and music editing. The rest, I'll try to figure out. Please no HEX.
Well then, it's too bad for you. You would need hex.
That's what everyone needs when it comes to a ROM. Pokémon hacking = HEX.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Could somebody provide me with a diagram of the Bulbasaur line's evolution data in Crystal? This would help me get a better idea of how evolution editing in hex works, thanks.
Offset 0427A7: Bulbasaur
01 10 02 00
01 = by level
10 = level 16
02 = Ivysaur
00 = no more evolutions

Offset 0427C2: Ivysaur
01 20 03 00
01 = by level
20 = level 32
03 = Venusaur
00 = no more evolutions

Offset 0427E1: Venusaur
00 = no more evolutions

More examples below…

Offset 0432B8: Eevee
02 17 87 02 18 86 02 16 88 04 02 C4 04 03 C5 00
02 = by stone
17 = Thunderstone
87 = Jolteon
02 = by stone
18 = Water Stone
86 = Vaporeon
02 = by stone
16 = Fire Stone
02 = Flareon
04 = by happiness
02 = morn/day
C4 = Espeon
04 = by happiness
03 = night
C5 = Umbreon
00 = no more evolutions

Offset 043AFB: Tyrogue
05 14 02 6B 05 14 01 6A 05 14 03 ED 00
05 = by stats (unlike the others, stat evos use four bytes per evolution)
14 = level 20
02 = (Defense > Attack)
6B = Hitmonchan
05 = by stats
14 = level 20
01 = (Attack > Defense)
6A = Hitmonlee
05 = by stats
14 = level 20
03 = (Attack = Defense)
ED = Hitmontop
00 = no more evolutions
No hex? Then how about some assembly? ;)

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2009
rsball prob i try to open it and it comes up with No Rom Files found. How do i fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back