• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Heavens and kittens forsake!
What the heck is going on here? Have you all gone insane?
We're still missing ^s and a couple of !s in the thread name! Besides, you forgot the housewife from the hoover vacuum guy thingy:

"Now, Sarah has never used this tri-filter model before. Sarah, will you try this?"

"Omg! Hoover vacuum guy, this is so easy and so cheap and it's even safe for kids! omg this rulz big time I want this right away! It doesn't even make any noise at all! What a perfect device!"

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, as you see, there's nothing left of the car nor the man!"

*clapping*

</bad humour>

Anyway, as this is also a poetry lounge nowadays, I guess I could - wait. Am I only imagining or is that poetry slowly taking over the whole board? Where will it be next? Soon all the thread here will start with poetry...
Then maybe us, the humble writers
should start to write in verse, too?
That would be fun for the readers
and save the world with what we do!

Besides, then we could make this thread into a musical that would be a total hit. You know, the PokéCommunity ~*^~Writer's Lounge~^*~ musical!!!!!1 would draw in the attention and the money of the whole world and then we could all become some internet super-gods. Not to mention how grateful the PC administrators would be when our musical pays for the maintenance of this site for, say, three thousand years from now on.

Uh, yeah. I'll go and write that darn poem now before I go completely insane.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
EDIT: OH SCHNAP DUDES! LOOK AT OUR THREAD TITLE NOW! IT HAS TILDES, ASTERISKS, AND POETRY GOING ON! MY LAPTOP CAN'T HANDLE THE INSANITY!

Needs more cowbell random characters.

Hey, since you added the word "Poetry" to the rules, you think that if you gave that thread title the same treatment, people would actually read it? XD

Also, okay, legit question here. I know that random Japanese is usually frowned upon because it generally looks terrible and weeaboo-ish if it's abused. However, would people spork their eyes out if I had a character (who is half-Japanese) in a Pokemon fanfiction constantly call her older brother "Niichan"? I just can't see the character calling him by his name, and I think it'd be heavily awkward if she just said "Big Brother" (because I'll constantly be tempted to make Yu-gi-oh! jokes -- haha, Mokuba) or simply "Brother" (because it sounds incredibly formal).

Edit: A musical of the Lounge? lolwut? With music by Andrew Webber? *imagines Astinus as the Phantom of the Opera*

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Heavens and kittens forsake!
What the heck is going on here? Have you all gone insane?
We're still missing ^s and a couple of !s in the thread name! Besides, you forgot the housewife from the hoover vacuum guy thingy:

"Now, Sarah has never used this tri-filter model before. Sarah, will you try this?"

"Omg! Hoover vacuum guy, this is so easy and so cheap and it's even safe for kids! omg this rulz big time I want this right away! It doesn't even make any noise at all! What a perfect device!"

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, as you see, there's nothing left of the car nor the man!"

*clapping*

</bad humour>

Anyway, as this is also a poetry lounge nowadays, I guess I could - wait. Am I only imagining or is that poetry slowly taking over the whole board? Where will it be next? Soon all the thread here will start with poetry...
Then maybe us, the humble writers
should start to write in verse, too?
That would be fun for the readers
and save the world with what we do!

Besides, then we could make this thread into a musical that would be a total hit. You know, the PokéCommunity ~*^~Writer's Lounge~^*~ musical!!!!!1 would draw in the attention and the money of the whole world and then we could all become some internet super-gods. Not to mention how grateful the PC administrators would be when our musical pays for the maintenance of this site for, say, three thousand years from now on.

Uh, yeah. I'll go and write that darn poem now before I go completely insane.

Okay, no more caffeine for you (or what ever your on).

And Astinus, you don't have any @,#,$,%,&,:,{,},[,],;,:,',",<,>,.,/, or ?.

But that would look ridiculous, so I suggest replacing "and" with "&"

Bay

Years
The PokeCommunity Lounge Musical?

Sixteen, Sixteen minutes left better get it done
Sixteen, sixteen, sixteen more minutes get ready, game on!

*suddenly gets shot multiple times*

Never watched the High School Musical movies and never will. Ack, that song's stuck on my head now. XD;

Wouldn't your fanfic characters really rather have a Buick? And if not, what car would you want them to own/drive?
I think Bunny won't drive. She'll just use her Driftblm. Jenny, a police motorcycle. Jacob...hm, perhaps a Buick. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
In the lounge, we're all in this together...

The new name threw me off for a minute... probably because I just woke up. If we're doing the musical, though, I can drop some phat beats.

And please pardon my current obsession with Buicks... It'll pass soon enough, don't worry XD

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
Wouldn't your fanfic characters really rather have a Buick? And if not, what car would you want them to own/drive?

No, bad experience with Buicks. Ideally a Jaguar... that would be cool. I can see Corphish owning a convertable filled with 100$ bills.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Yay musicals. For some reason, the movie "Sweeny Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" just played through my head in its entirety in fast-forward. It was kind of funny, actually.

...Did anyone else not find that movie scary? Anyway, I have a fairly good singing voice, but I had some disease recently that completely obliterated my throat. Therefore, I can't vocalize for squat right now, but I'm sure it will take at least a while before we get this thing up and running.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Edit: A musical of the Lounge? lolwut? With music by Andrew Webber? *imagines Astinus as the Phantom of the Opera*

Ironically, I just watched that movie.

I'm gonna kill them for three things:

1. Making the Phantom positively handsome. He goes through half the movie looking suave, and even when he gets his little pansy-arse half-mask torn off all that happens is that we find that he has- *gasp* -a third degree sunburn. Dude. And then half of his hair- black throughout the movie- inexplicably turns white and stringy. He looks less like a hideously misshapen genius and more like somebody you might run into at a grunge-rock concert.

2. Casting an actor who can BARELY SING as the Phantom. I've heard the original cast recordings with Michael Crawford, and I know that Music of the Night is supposed to be a tender, moving number that makes you feel pity for the Phantom. It is not supposed to make me want to strangle him for attempting such a complicated piece of music. And don't even get me started on how badly he messed up his theme song. My ears, they bleed! >.<

3. Screwing up the original relationship between Christine and the Phantom. Book!Phantom and presumably Stageshow!Phantom are only a couple years older than Christine, and she looks at them primarily as an almost romantic interest (that is, until she finds out that they're missing a nose and their skin looks like it's about to flake away and fall straight off of their face). Movie!Phantom is not only less pitiful and believable than his counterparts, he's also roughly the same age as Madame Giry, and Christine thinks of him as a father figure. Creepy? Why, yes, yes it is.

The only things the movie got right were casting a sixteen year old as Christine (yes, she's supposed to be that young), and casting an excellent actress as Carlotta. I could tell that whoever she was, she was actually quite a talented soprano, because there are times when you can tell that she's singing badly quite on purpose and having difficulty keeping it believable. I liked the Carlotta segments. Everything else in that movie can just go and burn. >.<

Sorry about that rant, but it was ABSOLUTEY NECESSARY.

And on that note, I propose our Lounge put on a production of Les Miserables. *Casts self as Thenardier*

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
YATATATATATATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I'll answer Xanthine's question, since the rest of you ignored her. ;_________________________;

Also, okay, legit question here. I know that random Japanese is usually frowned upon because it generally looks terrible and weeaboo-ish if it's abused. However, would people spork their eyes out if I had a character (who is half-Japanese) in a Pokemon fanfiction constantly call her older brother "Niichan"? I just can't see the character calling him by his name, and I think it'd be heavily awkward if she just said "Big Brother" (because I'll constantly be tempted to make Yu-gi-oh! jokes -- haha, Mokuba) or simply "Brother" (because it sounds incredibly formal).
Since the character is half-Japanese, and I would assume knows the language, it would make sense to me to have a character call her brother Niichan, and not be tied to the stake for it. I mean, you're not having this random character for no reason spout Japanese words, like "that mudkip is so kawaiiiiii!" You actually have a character who can say a word in Japanese and have it make sense.

XD I'd like that.

Wait. Who'd be the person who falls in love with me? ;_;

By the way, I can't sing. At all. Whistling, however, I can do.

By the way, this is the most awesomest thread title ever now. AMPERSANDS FOR EVERYONE.

WE ARE GOING TO DIE! :(

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
We have to make up some completely incoherent plot for that musical. Any suggestions, anyone? We should have a romance, a flame war or some completely incoherent series of events here. I vote for the latter. It would make an awesome musical, I tell you! Just imagine:

"How did we end up talking
about microwaved bunnies
when just a moment ago
we were having a normal discussion XD"

I'm expecially excited about putting those XD's and the like in the lyrics. Id really like to see how those are put into a song. "Mary had a little lamb XD" Ahh, I didn't sleep that well last night. Can you tell I'm a bit tired? I bet you can't... :laugh:

Also.... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE NAME OF THIS THREAD?! =D =D =D =D XD XD XD XD XD =D =D XD has Astinus gone Astinuts? (sorry for the horrible, horrible pun, I misspelled Astinus = Astinuts first and that's how I thought of it. I'm deeply sorry and I hope you shoot me for this.) Man, the world is going insane and I'm loving it!

Oh, and that question by Xanthine:
I think that it's all right in this case. Then, of course, that same character should probably call her mother "haha" and father "chichi" and so on. That would make it more credible, somehow. I think some people will frown upon your fic if you use "niichan", but then again some people will frown on it if you use "Big Brother", "brother" or "bro" as well. So, do as you see fit for your character and let people frown all they want!

Last edited:

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
Years
Hmm, title reminds me of Serebii's fanfiction section in summer of '05. "Good" times.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
has Astinus gone Astinuts? (sorry for the horrible, horrible pun, I misspelled Astinus = Astinuts first and that's how I thought of it. I'm deeply sorry and I hope you shoot me for this.)

The following quote is an actual review written by the moderator of Pokemon Fanfiction and Poetry:

so i like was going to respont to this before but the forums wouldnt load (lol load) for me and so i had to come back and try again poopie (lol poop) headed things................................

just make sure that atinuts (lol nuts) doesnt come to close this so like listen to the advice i have to give to you.........................

this was a funny story!!!!11 i lauffed so hard (lol hard) that i fell out of my chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 u meanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 im rpoting u to astunts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

i give u a 10/10!!!!!!11 rite more!!!!!!

lol underwear!!!!!!!!!11 & it was benz over. lolololololololol

So of course I'm not mad, An-chan! 8D

We should have a romance, a flame war or some completely incoherent series of events here. I vote for the latter.
Why not all three? I'll be the moderator who has to ride off into war, and someone is in love with me, and even though it would be REALLY REALLY SAFE FOR THE PERSON TO STAY HOME I'll take them with me into battle so they can save my life WITH THE POWER OF LOVE! And to keep the thing light-hearted, we'll have this random side-plot about a few people going around microwaving bunnies.

AND THE WHOLE THING WOULD NEVER BE RESOLVED. IT'LL JUST END AT A RANDOM POINT IN THE STORY.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
WE ARE GOING TO DIE! :(
11260897.gif
11260897.gif
11260897.gif

We have to make up some completely incoherent plot for that musical. Any suggestions, anyone? We should have a romance, a flame war or some completely incoherent series of events here.

I vote we use one of the Exquisite Corpses and retrofit it to be a musical. Epic.

EDIT: Sorry, I really couldn't resist with those "we are going to die ):" things. I was literally breaking ribs laughing. Anyway, that's the ending to our story: we all sing "we are going to die" A Capella and then frown and do so.

Last edited:

An-chan

Whoops.
Years
Why not all three? I'll be the moderator who has to ride off into war, and someone is in love with me, and even though it would be REALLY REALLY SAFE FOR THE PERSON TO STAY HOME I'll take them with me into battle so they can save my life WITH THE POWER OF LOVE! And to keep the thing light-hearted, we'll have this random side-plot about a few people going around microwaving bunnies.

AND THE WHOLE THING WOULD NEVER BE RESOLVED. IT'LL JUST END AT A RANDOM POINT IN THE STORY.

I think I fell in love with you after reading this, so I guess that's settled, then... But who will be the bad guy you have to fight with? Ah, I know, the guy who came to claim this place and banned us a while ago! Oh, I feel so banned... Or maybe one of those writers who just can't understand you don't do one-liners and you don't post random "I'll post a fic soon"-threads in the main section... The thing would go into a point where modifying the rules to be more hilarious just wouldn't help anymore... And you'd have to take your trusted black stallion (who plays the stallion?) and ride off to war with the Noobistania, while us humble citizens (we obviously aren't suitable for your army) of the Loungeria microwave bunnies and write name poems and then hang the blown-up bunnies and the horrible poems to our city walls and thus warn any noobs trying to infiltrate our section.

All the bunnies would follow Astinus because she's the last person not microwaving them as her hobby and the bunnies would have little helmets on so that they don't die in the flame war so that they can be microwaved and then a pack of Senter would attack with flamethrowers and then the lover would run from the burning (flamethrowers, remember?) city and yell "I love you!!!!! I just found out I CAN USE TEH AURA!!! Let me help you!!!!" and there would be a Mew that has to be saved and Team Rocket would appear out of nowhere and...

I guess this is the point where the story is discontinued.

Why am I laughing out loud at that "WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE"-gif? lololololololol I'm on a very happy mood... Maybe I should write something, heehehehehehe. Or maybe I should go to sleep like I should. Hmm, I wonder if someone put something weird in my drinking water? Oh, there you were, my sanity! *shoots sanity in the head*

Edit: Dear heavens, txteclipse, your edit broke my ribs. literally. I'm LMAO right now. And man, does my boyfriend give me weird looks...

Hey, you think my teacher would mind if I made a poem out of the stuff (you know, Writer's Lounge teh Musical -poem) I wrote in this post and then give it to her as my English assingment...?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Continuing with the plot while throwing in some of my weird obsessions...

Team Rocket and Mew steal a Buick from a young brainiac named Lisa and drive it to the local Applebee's. They have a heated debate about the economic crisis over some drinks and those mini cheeseburgers. The bunnies would follow and construct a flamethrower from unwashed silverware that is designed specifically to be held by a secret agent Sentret. But the Sentret is currently receiving a cache of gadgets like grappling hook watches and pen grenades and buzzsaw bracelets for use on its mission so they have to travel across Orre to find him... and my brain just shut off.

BTW, our new title is full of win.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
-walks in-

-reads page-

...?

-reads thread title-

Oh sweet Mew. You've all gone crazy.

Seriously, is everyone high or something...? Just wondering...

-smoke ball- Ninjaaa~

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Seriously, is everyone high or something...? Just wondering...

We are high on life

I was working on my car earlier, and I was using some carb cleaner (either in a can). After doing so, I felt kinda light headed. (Does that count?)

Dang, that is a nice title we have.

I don't like musicals, and I only sing along to songs when I'm driving, and I'm alone in the car. This is not mandatory, right?

Bay

Years
Yes, we're all insane! XD

Man, now you guys make me want to do a one shot musical version of my old fic, "Destiny's Tricks." XD

Continuing the plot of the musical-- We'll all help Astinus in this war. We're outnumbered, but then we get saved by Lugia.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
-smoke ball- Ninjaaa~

Yaaaay tilde!!!

I think I'm going to have to try and force myself to regain some level of sanity. I'm really losing it here.

We're outnumbered, but then we get saved by Lugia.

Aeroblast FTW! I call shotgun for when we fly away, whatever that would mean when referring to a gigantic dragon/bird thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back