• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Live, please. It's common knowledge that you'd love to have a 24 hour session with Mr. Bruce Wayne, no need to tell us your love for him.

As for your quip on the Deadpool movie... whatever the hell happened to that. I was looking forward to it. After what they made him in X-Men origins, any depiction of Deadpool would be better. On the bright side, the game's coming soon!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I always found Deadpool to be fascinating even though I've never read any of the comics with him in it or anything. I should change that.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Deadpool sounds like an environmental project gone wrong; not the name of a superhero... :/

Well, technically, he kinda is. I forgot what he did, but his face is a mess. Like, he looks hideous. Think it happened while he tried to cure himself on cancer.

Deadpool is hilarious with his motor mouth, randomness, choice of weapons, healing factor, and ability to break the 4th wall.

Twin katanas and two rapid fire guns. And a big mouth to boot ;D

Years
I think the best thing Marvel did was when it revamped the X-Men series and added some of my favorite comic book characters: Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Wolverine.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Is Hope considered one of the X-Men now? I haven't kept up with them in a while, but I always thought she was really cool.

I prefer Jason Todd over Bruce Wayne, but either way he's from the Batman universe.

Of all the guys who were Robin, Tim's my favorite - probably my favorite Batman related character. (though I am sloooowly coming around to liking Damian)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yea she does. Since she was with the X-Men at one point :)

And I always preferred Dick Grayson. Seeing how he evolved from a little kid up until him being Nightwing. It was really a sad moment when he departed from Batman to fight criminals by himself.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Confession: I've never actually read comics. I'm real tempted to, but the amount of comics is just huge. My friend, who's a big comic book girl, took me to the Comic Book store in Times Square, and I was just in awe with how many there were. Seems intimidating, like I wouldn't know where to start =P

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Of all the guys who were Robin, Tim's my favorite - probably my favorite Batman related character. (though I am sloooowly coming around to liking Damian)

Tim Drake's cool; I was never too interested in his character though for some reason. Damian's story was so farfetch'd I couldn't get into it at first but it grows on you haha. Dick's pretty awesome as well, but I still got love for the Red Hood.

@bloodex: try out the new 52 comics. They're not too far in.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Confession: I've never actually read comics. I'm real tempted to, but the amount of comics is just huge. My friend, who's a big comic book girl, took me to the Comic Book store in Times Square, and I was just in awe with how many there were. Seems intimidating, like I wouldn't know where to start =P
I was never much of a comic reader in the past either. I only just jumped on with DC Comics' New 52, where they relaunched all of their titles with new #1's. I'd suggest maybe taking a look at that list of relaunched titles and seeing if any of them interest you. That's how I got deep into the various Green Lantern series.

Though since Batman seems to be the gateway for a lot of people, there's this guy named Grant Morrison who did some pretty great stuff when he started writing for the main series. This is a fairly accessible reading order I'd recommend that covers most of his big stories:

Batman and Son
Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul
The Black Glove
Batman RIP
Final Crisis
Battle for the Cowl
Batman and Robin

It looks like a lot, but you can finish most of those in like, a day each. Well, that last one is an actual series, the others are all story arcs collected into a single volume. Despite that generic name, that last one shouldn't be too hard to find since apparently there was never a proper comic series called "Batman and Robin" until the 2009 version.

Might do that. But derp, does that mean I have to buy them. D;
You can procure them through "other" means. They're very easy to find if you know where to look.

Though it is cool to physically have them. I've got a couple single issues and like 10 collected volumes because buying singles was getting expensive.

Tim Drake's cool; I was never too interested in his character though for some reason. Damian's story was so farfetch'd I couldn't get into it at first but it grows on you haha. Dick's pretty awesome as well, but I still got love for the Red Hood.
I enjoy Dick just fine (ohgodwhy) in anything but his own series. Nightwing as a series is so freaking boring, but I loved his run as Batman. Damian was just...hellspawn incarnate when he first appeared, and he can still be like that, but I think he's coming around. It'd be cool to see him in an animated or live action production at some point, just so it really feels like he's cemented as part of the mythos. But then again, I don't even think the general public knows there have been like...five different Robins.

I haven't really read enough about Jason to have a solid opinion on him, I keep meaning to start reading Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Haven't read any comics in about 4 years now but the ones I read were mostly Star Wars comics such as Dark Forces and Legacy back when the Stater Bros here still sold em.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actually read the comic books. So I'm mostly knowledgeable about the characters and their back stories and whatnot. I actually got a comic book store that is 10 minutes from my palce and I know the store owner, so sometimes I get some free comics and discounts on the comics I buy. He also tells me which comics are coming out soon and whatnot. I'm really lucky :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back