• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bloody Murder

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
In T and M ratings, murder is a narrative device that can come up quite frequently. In an action based RP, it can make up most of the posts. Murder can be tackled from a couple of different approaches. It can be described quickly and clean, but one can take the time to describe it intestine-twistingly gorey. Do you use murder a lot in your posts? And if so, how gorey do you tend to make them?

Years
I think that it differs based on the genre. In action RPs, I tend to make it quick and not dwell on it, or at the very least make the murder match my character's disposition. For example, if my character has killed before, he wont think much of it. If its their first kill, I might go more in detail more to show how it affected my character mentally.

The only time I actually go in depth with the blood and gore and such is if its a horror roleplay, which is rare, or a mystery. Then details matter.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I'm a fan of horror and black comedy, so gore and blood can either add or detract from the respective scenario. Ultimately, I agree with Stardust.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't really do murder. And if I do, the scene would most likely fade to black before it happens. I'm a delicate being, ok c:

I did kill a Pidgey in a recent RP (or did I?). But I really didn't describe what the trainer saw after the fire attack had faded. Gore just really wouldn't add anything to the scene. I never make gore-y RPs. Even in the Star Wars one, which is actually rated M, I'm going to ask people to stay off the detailed descriptions of violence. There will surely be a lot of murdering though...

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
I've been in few RPs that have had death as a feature (since I don't think the M rating was a thing back in the day... or maybe it was, and nobody really used it), and even fewer where my character has murdered or been witness to a murder.

The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are an RP where my character was very used to killing (where I described it in a kind of matter-of-fact way) and an RP where my character had to put down her Growlithe before it turned into a zombie lol. In the latter case I faded to black, both because I felt that gore would detract from the emotion of the act, and also because I think it may have been a flashback.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, I did smash some zombies to pieces in Outbreak, haha. But I wouldn't really call that murder xD

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
Depends on the character, Sheog for example would like to slowly carve out someones intestines, but Krall is just a get it over with your dead now kinda guy.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
It depends on the character and the rp. In gunpowder it can be both quick and drawn out based on the characters. Jeb is a mix of the two, only really getting into detail when someone really pisses him off. And then Verelys/Alice is all about showing just how much someone can take before they die. Then there was a post that I helped Lord Sephear with in which I played an outlaw and went almost a little too far I think into detail about how she played with her victims. But then Aevux (star wars) is more about precise clean and quick kills. He doesnt want to hear someone suffer when he's killing them even if he is angry. And then he doesn't really like to kill so much as just maim.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
I haven't engaged in murder or gore thus far in my roleplaying career, only because I haven't encoutrtef an opportunity for such a situation. I do love gory details but if I ever have to write up a scene involving a death, I'll only make it as visual and horrifying if the death is significant. If not, wash it clean and forget about it because life is transient and temporal and death is inevitable. c;

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
For me, blood and gore is something that brings color to a post so I tend to describe it in a lot more detail when needed, especially during unique kills or kills that can plod the plot forward. During war, well, I don't have the luxury of describing everything.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Pretty sure, most of my characters murder people. I'm not sure if that's a warning sign or not...

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Quick. Clean. Professional. It really is that simple. Under specific circumstances I might go into detail, but I normally shoot to kill, and there is only so much detail you can go into before it becomes.... well....

Warning: slight amount of blood

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Of course it's all based on circumstance for me again, I do enjoy a grizzlier scene occasionally, but it has to fit the premise and context. Gore and bits for now reason are just distasteful and are actually really hard to pull off in a lot of circumstances, without looking like a tryhard. When done correctly, however, the scenes can give an extra sense of unease and even a little twinge of "uncomfortable" to a post.

Now that mightn't sound too pleasant, but for the right RPs and with the right characters, this could be exactly the effect one desires for such a post in the first place. Some characters are built to make you sick and to make you hate them... if you achieve that, well, you're doing your job right.

Back