• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I agree, this Gen is a hell of a lot more exciting than Gen V. It's just so different than everything we've seen before it. I'm itching for new information!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
And Game Freak has 9 months to slowly toy with our emotions releasing bits of info here and there. I'm so excited.

I'm sure they will. Like I said, they're pregnant with a game. They'll get really hormonal as we get closer to the birth.

Years
My prediction:

X and Y will be released. Sales will be great to begin with, but people will find that what little they left in B/W after removing all the cool stuff from Gen IV has been removed as well. Sales will drop dramatically after people who bought it begin badmouthing it to their friends.

Game Freak will release a third version, Z, which in an attempt to try and save face, will bring back the Emerald Battle Frontier in a new layout, as well as some Gen IV elements removed in B/W. People will be enticed by this, but will, as with X/Y, begin badmouthing it to their friends because though they put the Battle Frontier back, it's severely limited/difficult and pretty much pointless.

In response to some fans' wishes for an R/S remake just 'cuz, they will release Pokémon Gemerald, a remake of Emerald (portmanteau of Gem and Emerald). No one will buy it because no one actually liked Gen III. The genwunners will win the gen war, and Pokémon sales will, for the rest of existence, be limited to eBay.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
My prediction:

X and Y will be released. Sales will be great to begin with, but people will find that what little they left in B/W after removing all the cool stuff from Gen IV has been removed as well. Sales will drop dramatically after people who bought it begin badmouthing it to their friends.

Game Freak will release a third version, Z, which in an attempt to try and save face, will bring back the Emerald Battle Frontier in a new layout, as well as some Gen IV elements removed in B/W. People will be enticed by this, but will, as with X/Y, begin badmouthing it to their friends because though they put the Battle Frontier back, it's severely limited/difficult and pretty much pointless.

In response to some fans' wishes for an R/S remake just 'cuz, they will release Pokémon Gemerald, a remake of Emerald (portmanteau of Gem and Emerald). No one will buy it because no one actually liked Gen III. The genwunners will win the gen war, and Pokémon sales will, for the rest of existence, be limited to eBay.

I don't think so. People loved B/W and even got B2/W2 without all the fancy things, and who says X&Y won't get them either?

Years
I don't think so. People loved B/W and even got B2/W2 without all the fancy things, and who says X&Y won't get them either?

Well as I said, it's just a prediction. I can't prove it's gonna happen. But I won't be surprised if it does.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
407910_556900237677396_1630194807_n.png

Guys, I think I found my new favorite legendary Pokemon. :)

Many fans were thinking of genetic mutation as X and Y may point to the human chromosome. I think it is a possible conflict led by the villainous team. What do you think?

X and Y will open new horizon for Pokemon like what DPPt did for the physical/special split. X and Y will usher in a new era, that I am sure.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
No offense, but this isn't true. A lot of people loved Gen III. ;p

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
My prediction:

As someone who's seen the release of every generation of Pokemon, I doubt it - people always have things they dislike about each generation, but people keep getting the games because there is something magical about Pokemon even with imperfections here and there.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Didn't know where to post this link, but its interesting find by a friend.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/0...emon-x-and-pokemon-y-plus-additional-details/

Yesterday, Nintendo revealed two brand-new Pokémon games – Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, which are exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS and will be launching worldwide this October. Pokémon Company President Tsunekazu Ishihara shared several tidbits on the upcoming games, which can be read below.

In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.
Because of Pokemon X and Y, the Pokemon anime, movies, card game and merchandise will "break into a new dimension."
People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience "Real Play."
The game will utilize the Nintendo 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation.
The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.
The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure.
Everyone will enjoy the game's scenario and music.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Over 700 hundred, eh? Can't wait to see those.

"The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure." I'm interested in seeing how this will work, how the bonds will "deepen".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back