• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

screenshot%202009.02.10%2012.40.52.0685.png

Just a new tree tiles to show everyone for today.

I'm contemplating making a spin off minigame which would be featured in the game for a contest over at the Spherical Forums.

I'll update here if I do proceed with anything :D

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
well to start off i would like to say this is a very well put together game (i have been watching for a while). I would like to suggest that you remove anything that is edited off of kyledove's or anyone's original tiles. I would hate to see this game go down the drain because of some tiles that you "sprited". I use the word "sprited" very lightly because it looks like you also edited some of kyledove's biome trees in your main topic screenshots. You should also know that if you steal others tiles and claim them as your own on this website you could get banned. Also after your first fiasco with the original thread and the tiles you stole from kyledove, kyledove was very upset. I am not telling you this to be a rude person i am telling you this in the best interest of your game.;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I don't think it matters...Kyle never actually stated that people couldn't use his tiles for their own projcets. If I remember correctly, Waudby has always given credit for the tiles :|

Years
I don't think it matters...Kyle never actually stated that people couldn't use his tiles for their own projcets. If I remember correctly, Waudby has always given credit for the tiles :|
Actually, the tile in question is indeed not allowed to be used by anyone but Kyle. He has said so in his MMORPG thread.

Anyway, it does appear to be an edit. I have PMed Waudby about a solution, but I am not so sure he will use it, so hopefully this thing will clear up.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
...Whaa....? He told me he had sprited that, that he was getting ebtter at spriting in Kyledoves style! I didn't realise he meant just changing it! Waudby, maybe you should just nooot use Kyledoves tiles? Every time you release something to do with the tiles, accusations will be made, and you can't take the blow to your reputation again. This looks like its going to be a great game, so don't ruin it!

Waudby

Your trees are still edits of kyledoves trees.
Here is an image to show everyone.

You used the same base (brown part) just with a recolor. The outline of the middle of the tree is the same, and the detail in the middle is slightly edited.

Edit: Here is the link in that image where I got kyledove's tree.
http://kymotonian.deviantart.com/art/Biome-v2-94982202

Okay, now I know you're trying to stop another big thing panning out between me and Kyle, but these weren't edits of kyles tiles.

The base of those trees and the Sinnoh Tiles are almost identical, with differences being a few small parts.

I can't see anywhere in the rules, that using reference images or basing tiles around someone else's is wrong. I sat here yesterday and sprited the tree while using kyle's trees as reference, if you actually take a closer look, you will see there are many similarities and many differences between the two.

This does not automatically make me a thief :/

I would also like to point out that the outline isn't the same, I designed the look at the tree and filled the detail in according to how kyle does it, so it's in "his style"

There's nothing wrong in what I've done, so please don't harass me about it.
I personally think this is getting beyond a joke, people if you're not happy about the tiles, please just don't post, because like i've said there's been no wrong doing here.

@Alistair: Thank you for the PM, I have added it to the Odyssey tileset, I'll see if I can get some use from it, as not to let it go to waste.

Waudby

screenshot%202009.02.12%2016.44.18.0474.png

I'd just like to post the northern section of the new Sundale Town for Odyssey Episodes, you may notice the climbing rocks...

And incase Kyle or anyone complains, the mountainous tiles are edits of the FR/LG ones and not Kyle's "private tiles" so please don't say anything about them. And as for the tree's, they were made by me, in Kyle's style, no editing, from scratch, the only thing I didn't do myself on that tree was the base which is from the Sinnoh Tiles Project.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
I am not defending Waudby in anyway but i also used kyles tiles for reference but on a much larger scale that Waudby in some cases, such as my locker tiles...

Thread Here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4187689#post4187689

Plus a few more private ones that are extremely similar so i want to get permission from kyle if i can use them before i do...

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Oh my god this is getting so ridiculous! Someone PLEASE take action.
stopit.png

You are so unoriginal Waudby, and that's gonna get you nowhere. What happens when you run out of characters of mine to steal? This is the FOURTH one so far! Man if this post gets deleted, I might aswell just leave pokecommunity...This is so messed up.

Also, those mountain tiles are not "Kyle's style" they are "Kyle's PRIVATE style"

The characters are stolen from > http://kymotonian.deviantart.com/art/Select-your-character-99807536

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
Either there is a misunderstanding here, or what the hell waudby. I'm glad I'm no longer involved in this project. Kyledove, if you don't mind me saying, if you don't want those tiles used, why release them? Why not show them off in a format that isn't usable for games or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back