• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] A Unovan Tale [T] [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023
Could I possibly drop Magby for Larvitar then? I'll make the change to my SU as soon as I get a confirmation that I can. :)

EDIT: Character sheet reflects the change. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

36fe66c2-f55b-4e30-b2ba-63ed39525e11_zps589833f4.png

Angel Evans

Female​

Appearance:​

Angel is a girl of average height, standing roughly about 5'5". She has a rather common body build, not being curvaceous, but at the same time not flat and without shape. Angel sports a fair, healthy skin complexion. She has long, mid-back-length, wavy, brown hair that she generally wears in a lose ponytail. Her eyes are a unique, purplish hue.

Angel prefers dress in a more summery look. She usually sports a pair of shorts and a tank top or short sleeved short. The girl usually has a habit of wearing them a little bit shorter, showing of a small amount of her midsection. A pair of sneakers almost always adorns her feet, with a small bandanna or some ribbons in her hair. No matter what outfit she wears, Angel is always seen sporting her favorite, short-sleeved, red jacket. She carries all of her items in a red and white dufflebag on her left shoulder. and carries her Pokémon (when they're not walking with her) in Pokéballs she wears on her belt.

Personality:​

Energetic and bubbly, Angel is a friendly girl who is not shy about making new friends. She is always willing to listen to anyone whenever they need an ear and she likes to always stay on the positive side when thinking. Always a girl of action, Angel has a habit of acting before thinking. She also has a tendency to speak without thinking, often being a bit too honest for her own good. Although she usually means well, these sorts of behaviors have led Angel to getting into trouble on more than one occasion. Oddly enough, Angel has an absolute hate when it comes to most Water Pokémon. She feels that their moist and often slimy skin can be absolutely disgusting to feel.

History:​

Angel is not a native resident of the Unova Region. Rather, she was born and for the most part raised in Golden Rod City of the Johto Region. She lived in a quaint, two-story house with her mother, father, and older brother, Luke. Angel's father works as a news caster at the Golden Rod Radio Tower, while her mother is employed at the city's Pokémon Center.

While growing up, one could say that Angel always found herself to be trapped in Luke's shadow. The boy seemed to be one of those natural prodigy types. It seemed that no matter what the boy tried, he was always destined to succeed. The only problem with this was that Luke was not very humble about it. In fact, more often than not he spent time making sure to always rub his success in Angel's face... at least, that is her point of view of it.

So naturally, when he became a trainer at the age of 12, his success continued. While he did not complete and win the Johto League's Elite Four and champion, his skills as a trainer became famous enough to earn him some television spots and even some special appearances in local tournaments.

Eventually, the family would relocate to the Unova Region, moving into the rather bustling burg of Nimbasa City. Angel's mother kept her job as a nusrse, now working at the center there, while her father still continued to do due news casting. Her brother however, decided that with the change to Unova, it was time for him to perhaps begin anew and see how far he could progress in this new region. He would not be alone, however.

Tired of always feeling like a second banana compared to Luke, Angel felt like her chance to shine rested in her becoming a Pokémon trainer herself. Unfortunately for her, she did have to wait a few years because of the fact that Unova's required age was a bit higher than the other various regions. Still, the girl was fine with waiting as long as she could have the chance to finally show her brother what for!

Chosen Starter:​

280.gif

Venus the Female Ralts​

Goals:​

Angel's goal in this journey to become a stronger person. While she wants to show all those who know her she is not just some clueless klutz, her actual goal is to finally manage to challenge her brother's skills and talents as a trainer and finally step out of his shadows to have her own time to shine. While this not necessarily mean that she wishes to take on the Unova Elite Four and its champion, she would like to one day defeat all the gyms as a test of her and her team's strength and then one day defeat her brother in battle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
pokemon_trainer_karrik_by_coyote12-d34892iyuki.png

Name: Kane

Appearance: Kane has a dark skin and stands about 6'1. He may have a seemingly slender build but underneath is a body built purely of lean muscle. He has grey spikey medium length hair and a small back beard with sideburns going on. He wears a light black and green jacket with two pockets in-front and a black collar he likes to keep up with a white t-shirt underneath. He wears a necklace which has been passed down in his family from generation to generation as a symbol of power. He doesn't like to change the style of clothes he wears so you can usually see him wearing the same outfit most of the time, though during the summer when he gets to hot he will go without the jacket. He carries a backpack around with him at all times usually only over one shoulder. It slides off quite frequently but will never admit it because he thinks it makes him look cool holding a sack over only one shoulder, though you could never get him to admit this fact either.

Personality: Power , Percision, Patience, those are the three worlds that most describe Kane. Kane is a serious guy for the most part and doesn't like to stay around people that annoy him much. He doesn't let his feelings get in the way or cloud his judgement very often. He thinks of battle as an art as something where learning strategic moves and mastering all elements of battle is beautiful in a way to him and it reflects the way he battles and trains. Underneath all of his seriousness and toughness there lies a part of him that he refers to as his "Zen". In moments of great stress or just periodically when he feels like it he will revert to his "Zen" to almost do a sort of "reset" on his mind, body, and soul to get a fresh start. During his "Zen" moments Kane's serious and determined personality takes a back seat to the loving caring and free-spirited way that he keeps deep inside. Also during this time he can often be seen napping under a tree with his pokemon or reading the book he always keeps in his front pocket called "The Art of War".
Kane's initial personality may rub many people off the wrong way, espically if he finds them to be weak in power or weak in will, and rightfully so. He's boastfully arrogant about his power and will criticize others of their lack of power. This is the way Kane has been groomed but someone with a more carefree personality and can brush aside Kane's words and take the time to get to know him might just be able to see the kinder side of him. It should be noted that Kane does have a weakness for cute girls.

Goal: To raise a team of strong pokemon and become pokemon champion.

Brief History: Originally born in Veridian City and now residing in Black City, Kane comes from a long line of Elite pokemon trainers. Each generation of his family has produced at least one trainer who made it to the semi-finals in at least one of the region's leagues tournaments, some have even been crowned Pokemon Champion, though rumor has it his family might be related to Giovanni. His father finished in the top 4 of the Sinnoh League back when he was a trainer and his mother finished in the top 8 of the Hoen League back in her days as a trainer. It was obvious from birth that Kane's life was going to be surrounded by battling and that he would be groomed to one day make a run for Pokemon Champion. Due to this Kane was sent many invites to attend pokemon traininer schools all across the world, but Kane felt it was best to stay near home and decided to go to one of the most prestigious schools in the Unova region.
While at school Kane never really made any true friends due to his seriousness about battling and becoming a pokemon champion. Kane's aptitude for battling and extensive knowledge of pokemon placed him in many of the schools most advanced classes. One day his Advanced Pokemon Battle Strategies teach noticed how he was towards others and how he was towards the Academy's pokemon and took Kane under his wing. Soon his professor became a father figure and upon graduating the Academy his professor gave him a book called "The Art of War", a book in which Kane to this day keeps in his jacket pocket to read.

Chosen Starter: Elekid

Other: (anything else you would like us to know)

**Edit I just now saw the posts for pokemon changes .. so i will change my starter pokemon if need be though i'd much prefer Larvitar**

**Edit#2: Changed my starter to Elekid. if any new starters open up again i will most likely change my starter**

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
@lacangel as much as id like to accept your character all the available spots have been taken up. Really sorry about this but ill let you know as soon as a spot opens up

@people yall are reserved

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
This filled up to fast :P I was online when Swifty approved it but I was too tired to make an SU and now it's too late >.< Anyways good luck and have fun everyone, I'm sure the RP will go great.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
As always we will let you know if a spot opens. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

& yeah...I was talking to the hotdawg the other day on how the RP corner was in need of a Unova roleplay since there wasn't any. I guess I hit the jackpot when we decided Unova over Kanto.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I can honestly attest to this. I see a lot of Kanto and Johto, but so little of the others... Plus, Gen 5 has always been my favorite of the series, so... There was no way I was gonna miss out on this. :3

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Name: Lynn Colthearts
Appearance: Lynn's appearance resembles that of a 16 year old Asian teenage girl. Her skin tone is only a little pale, with only a few minor blemishes. Lynn stands at about 5'8'' in height as well; only just a tad taller than a few of her friends. She s also pretty flat-chested, which doesn't bother her much in any-case. (until someone mentions it, that is.) Her hair is black as well as long, in which her hair drops down all the way to Lynn's mid-back. Some bits of her hair, drops down from the front towards her upper shoulder. Her eyes are also black, which match her hair. Her nails are not very long, but not very short either. They are painted white, with a hint of red, which according to her family, that red represents her "good chi".

Her outfit isn't very modern, but kind of ties on her family heritage. Her outfit consists of a long, red dress that is made out of cotton. The dress is so long that it almost covers her ankles. The sleeves of her dress is very wide, which holds up when Lynn wears it; in other words, the sleeves are much wider than her arms, so it droops down when worn. Her red dress is also decorated by white lining, coloring, and patching. On the back of her dress, a pointed-star-shaped white lining is patched on it. On her dress where her chest is where, white lining and coloring is also patched. Finally, where her dress collar lies, white lining is decorated followed up with a yellow ribbon to complete the style. There is also a green jewel on each of her shoulder. As for foot wear, she wears black socks, as well as red dress shoes, with a red buckle on each foot.

Personality: Lynn is basically a person who is straightforward, yet at the sometime, awkward and weird. She is responsible, in terms of caring for pokemon, and caring deeply about her family and friends. She would never put anyone in more importance than others; she treats everyone equally. People have said that her strength comes from her caring nature, and boldness when it comes to overcoming obstacles. Then again, she does have a weird, eccentric side to her. She has a firm belief on ghosts, and other spirits, which that belief was inherited from her family. She also has a firm belief on hexes, and curses. As such, she often gets paranoid that a ghost will come and grab her soon if she commits something which will get her "cursed" (eg. stepping on a crack will break your mother's back, ohohoho~)

Therefore, she is also wild, and imaginative. She also has this...coffee madness. Whenever she drinks it, she becomes a hyper, more eccentric, overly dramatic girl who yells or says something bubbly. Whether she does, or does not drink coffee, when she gets peeved or angry, she can attempt to say a few hexes and curses that she has been taught from her family...even though none of them works. However, her firm belief on the occult is what she uses to drive herself more on expanding her curiosity in the world.

Goal: She wants to interact with as many pokemon as possible, as she gets her self to be strong enough to overcome her future destiny. She hopes to fix the broken times between her family.

Brief History: Lynn was born in a remote part of Unova, where she has a mother, a little sister, a grandfather, and a grandmother. Her father, had abandoned the family long ago, although Lynn did not know too much about it; in fact, she barely knew that she even had a father. In any case, Lynn, was especially born...as a member of the Colthearts family clan. The Colthearts were a family who were known for communicating with spirits, and with the land of the dead. The leader, and master of the Colthearts clan was the one who's connection to the spirit world, and the land of the dead was the strongest of them all.

The "spiritual power" of the Colthearts clan was always inherited by the females of the group. Before Lynn and her mother was born, Lynn's grandmother was the leader, since her ties with the spiritual world was strongest. When Lynn's mother was born, she had more ties with the spirit and the land of the dead than Lynn's grandmother, and thus, became the new leader. Finally, Lynn was born after her mother married. Unfortunately, her father had left them, to set his own goals in his life; even when it meant leaving his family behind. Lynn was born right in Unova, her grandmother observed that the child's ties to the spirit world and the land of the dead were stronger than any member of the Colthearts clan that lived in history. The child was to become master at a young, but mature age.

When Lynn was 10 years old, she was taught all about spirits, ghosts, and the occult from her mother. She was then told all about the whole purpose of the Colthearts clan -- to tie in the forgotten spirits, with the land of the ancients, towards the human world. Maybe one day...the world can come to peace with them. Lynn was always skeptical on meeting spirits, and other forms of the occult, but, she knew that this was only for the good of the clan. Her sister Ringo, was born at this time, however, she did not have much ties to the spirit world as Lynn does, so, there was no way that she wold become clan master.

However, Lynn had a more interest with pokemon. She would always enjoy reading picture books, and novels about pokemon trainers and their pokemon -- traveling to different regions, meeting new friends, even battling with those friends. However, while Lynn might have a more interest in pokemon, her belief in spiritualism stood strong as ever. However, as Lynn grew up, she knew that the Colthearts clan also had family feuds. The branch family, hosted by Lynn's Aunt, Uncle, and cousins, as well as other distant relatives, have plotted to take the master titlle from the main family, hosted by Lynn's mother and her grandmother.

Lynn did not want to be exposed to this family feud, so, when she turned her current age, 16, she decided that she did not want the title of the master of the Colthearts, and decided to pass it on to his sister. In fact, this is the first time that she realized why her father left -- he wanted to find a more peaceful solution to have the branch family accept the Main household family. So, Lynn vowed that someday, she too will travel out of Unova to find that answer.

Chosen Starter: Oshawott

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Bravo on the character, Shawn!~ Accepted. :D Her Oshawott might go on a tangent there because she has coffee madness and all. Wonder how that's gonna play out! xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oooooh, I really like your character's photo! I love how she is trying to be a better trainer than her brother, really hope with her new journey she excels~ Accepted!

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
heres my cs. i hope everything is ok.

Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Sadie Hunt is accepted!~ She reminds me of a character I used back in my oooold roleplay days. I didn't use her as much in the roleplay though. haha.

I should get to working on the IC now, I hope to get it up by tonight or tomorrow night, as from Thursday-Sunday I *might* be out of town. :)

In the meantime for those that are accepted, you should discuss what your starter personalities will be like! Will your starter not get along with your trainer at first? Will it be battle-ready once you receive it?

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Done~ This took me a while, but it was worth it.

Spoiler:

I'm going to say Auriga is going to try to annoy him. I think she'll be battle-ready, but for the beginning I think she'll want to be the on in control, not Hayate. that is, if I'm accepted. I hope I'm accepted.

Edit: looking back on it, seems a bit messy, almost like some things were thrown in sporadically... sorry about that.

Editedit: Small small small change to the appearance.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Ahahaha. All good, deary. Accepted.~

So it's more like "YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I CAN DO DIS THANG" type of thing. xD

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
As for Ebony's personality, I think I'll have her be completely clueless when it comes to battling. Very shy and a bit of a scaredy-cat (Which is ironic, considering she's a ghost).

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Here we goooo~

Name: Flicker Alson

Appearance: Flicker has choppy, pale blonde hair that goes down just past her shoulders. Her wide blue eyes seem to change shades with her mood - if she's happy or excited, they become brighter and more of an icy blue; if she's sad or angry, they become a dark ocean blue. Above her eyes are naturally thin eyebrows that are barely visible due to their pale color. Standing at 5'8" tall, Flicker has long limbs to go with her height. No matter how much she eats (which is a lot), Flicker's fast metabolism ensures that her body remains slim, a cause for envy among many other girls but something that she never really cared much about.

Not one to be bothered by the heat, Flicker wears a baggy dark blue hoodie over a t-shirt that is usually either black or white in color. She usually wears a pair of jeans, though occasionally she switches them out for sweatpants; or evenly more rarely, a pair of shorts. On her hands she wears black fingerless gloves, while on her feet she wears a pair of black hiking boots. Wrapped around her neck is a long, crimson red scarf that she is rarely seen without - she even goes so far as to sleep with it on. The only part of her apparel that could really be considered "girly" are the star-shaped earrings she wears.

Spoiler:

Personality: Ever since she was a child, Flicker has never been one to cry. If she gets upset, she gets very quiet and mopey, but she never sheds a tear. She isn't the type to smile through harsh times by any means, but she doesn't let things get to her and always bounces right back. When something is bothering her, she tries not to burden others with it and buries it under a cheerful facade.

Well, it isn't actually a total facade. Flicker is a very cheerful and outgoing person, with a love for making friends and a curiosity about the world she lives in. With her bubbly personality, sometimes overly-kind nature, and the rather naive way she acts, making friends has never been to difficult to Mina. If her kindness and friendliness is repeatedly rejected, rare as that may be, she does sometimes get a bit frustrated and a tad more violent than usual in her advances. Having a fierce determination that doesn't allow her to give up on anything, she will continue to attempt to befriend someone until they give in. Even if the person is just plain rude or cruel, Flicker always seems to have some kind word for them.

While she is difficult to anger, when Flicker does get mad, she gets very violent. If you plan to tick her off, at least do it somewhere she won't be able to find some object to bash your head in with, because she will. Restraints might be smart as well, just to be safe. On the bright side, her anger is usually quite short-lived and she rarely holds a grudge. Plus, with her seemingly never-ending patience, it would be quite the spectacular feat to set her off.

Seemingly oblivious to the greatest of dangers, Flicker often has to be dragged away from threatening situations. If anything, she finds it exciting to overcome some difficult, life-threatening obstacle. With her adventurous spirit, she jumps into danger headfirst without stopping to think of the consequences. When things are the same all the time, Flicker ends up getting quite bored; thus, change is something she always welcomes. No matter how drastic a change may be, she flows with it and adapts as needed.

When she was younger, Flicker would often pass the time by creating little fictional worlds within her mind. Even now that she is older, she is quite the daydreamer and often drifts off if there's not something to keep her occupied. One good thing that's come out of her imagination is the multitude of ideas she's able to come up with on short notice, allowing her to think on her feet.

Goal: Flicker dreams of discovering all she can about the world around her and wants to explore every place she possibly can, while making as many friends as she can along the way.

Brief History: Flicker was born and raised in Vermilion City in the Kanto region. Her father, Jake Alson, was a sailor who worked on the SS. Anne. Since Jake's job meant he was often out at sea, Flicker became more attached to her mother, Susan Alson, who was an well-known member of the local Pokemon Fan Club. Susan would often take Flicker with her to club meetings, where Flicker would lay with the club members' Pokemon while the adults talked. It wasn't until Flicker was getting ready to start her first year at school that she became interested in their conversations, the ones about trainers and their journeys especially sparking interest in her. The information she could glean from the club members wasn't enough to satisfy her curiosity, however, and before long she decided that she wanted to become a trainer and learn about the world herself.

Just before her 14th birthday, Flicker's father returned home to announce that the ship's captain had given him permission to bring both Flicker and her mother on the SS. Anne's next year-long cruise. At first, Flicker was hesitant; she had been making plans to travel to Pallet Town after her birthday to receive a starter Pokemon from Professor Oak, and the cruise would set her plans back by a whole year. In the end, however, her eagerness to see other regions and meet trainers from around the world won over.

Over the course of the cruise, Flicker befriended most of the other passengers and persuaded each to tell her all they knew about the cultures of other regions, as well as of the Pokemon living in them. Her thirst for more knowledge still was not quenched, however, and the need for an adventure of her own only greatened.

There was to be another delay in her plans, though. The year had come to an end and the SS. Anne was only a few days away from Vermilion City when a storm struck. The cruiser, so faithful for so many years, was unable to brave the fierce waves that struck against its hull, and began to take on an alarming amount of water. The passengers were herded onto the lifeboats, Flicker and her mother included. Jake, however, stayed back to make sure everyone had evacuated, saying it was his duty as a sailor. Susan was too impatient and frantic to wait for long, and left Flicker to go look for him; Flicker would have followed, but Susan knew her daughter. She wrapped her red scarf around Flicker and told her to keep it safe until she returned. Flicker never saw either of her parents again.

After the deaths of Jake and Susan Alson, Flicker moved to Unova to live with her wealthy Aunt Lisa in Castelia City. Adjusting to life without her parents, as well as getting used to living in the big city, wasn't easy even for the flexible Flicker. Her aunt wasn't much help either and ignored her niece's presence for the most part. Flicker spent the first year simply coming to terms with her loss and recovering her usual bubbly disposition. Even then, though, she barely cried, and then only when there was no one else around to witness her tears.

When she finally recovered emotionally, Flicker returned to her previous curiosity about the world and began exploring the reaches of the city she now found herself in. At least, she would explore as far as her aunt would allow; while Lily may not have seemed to care much for her, she wasn't interested in losing her sister's only child. There was nothing she could do, however, to stop Flicker when she decided to continue on with her dream of becoming a trainer with renewed vigor.

Chosen Starter:
magby.gif
Blast the male Magby

Other:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back