• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
You go, Triforce!

I just noticed something:

tumblr_nbv58slzid1rj7z7ro3_500.gif

Is the Doctor wearing a wedding ring now??

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
You go, Triforce!

I just noticed something:

tumblr_nbv58slzid1rj7z7ro3_500.gif

Is the Doctor wearing a wedding ring now??

I'm surprised you don't know the story about it. Peter Capaldi is married, and he NEVER takes the wedding ring off, always in any show he does, he still wears it. So they usually design a way around it, they made a band to fit over his band. I don't remember what it's significance it held if they talked about it, but I might come on in the show later, its reportedly Gallifreyen.

Actually wait, probably not Gallifreyen. The ring makers son gave this story behind it:
This timeless gold ring contains green amber collected by the Doctor on the planet Raxacoricofallapatorius. It reminds him of all the wars he has won but also all the lives he has taken. This thought lurks on his conscience to this day. To Peter, Best wishes being the New Doctor Who from Idris
Of course the BBC could give another explanation, but their usually pretty kind to kids with Doctor Who.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There's quite a few cool episodes in the Martha and Donna series :) I should rewatch S3 just to look for clues for the series finale actually... Hint hint ;) And yeah, I just wished they had kept that nice quirk up, quoting Lion King and Harry Potter etc. He becomes less nerdy later.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
The donna era could have been the best NuWho series so far if they didn't have the horrible RTD looming over it. She was a great, no-**** companion, easily my favorite of all of the companions so far. All the love stuff with Rose was cringe-worthy, Martha was flatter then a piece of paper, and Amy went on faaaar too long. Rory was okay, and Clara unfortunately is getting into a character that's likely only getting another 8 eps. Otherwise she would be up there with Donna for me. But yeah, poor, poor Donna. Best Companion in the worst run of episodes. Except for the Adipode opener. Those things are adorable, and so is the doctor/Donna relationship.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It's really interesting how people can have such different opinions on the companions and adventures in DW. Thinking back, I loved Rose and Nine and Ten, but the big stories where Martha and Donna came into the picture and also Jack occasionally, were awesome imo. And I adore Amy Pond and think her and Rory's time in the TARDIS was amazing (but it should have ended after S6 with the Doctor letting them live a normal life together after River told them he was still alive imo). Clara's plot was cool but as a character she's not really unique and feels mostly like she's overstaying her welcome with Twelve.

Give us another Rory or Turlough already! Some fun male companion for a change!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
A bit disappointed with how they concluded Martha, to be honest. I'd rather not elaborate on it since some people might not have seen it, but basically she got married to another character who had something to do with a previous companion. Though I'm not fond of her entirely. I absolutely loved Donna. Amy was alright, but I'm not fond of how she was Eleventh's companion for far too long. Clara is...disappointing, to be honest. The plot that involved her was cool but I feel that it's too over the top.

What if the Doctor regenerated into a woman? :o Would he (err, she) grab a hold of a male companion? Moreover, is regenerating into a woman something that he's able to do? I know other Time Lords have done it, though I question whether it was influenced by said Time Lord's moral choices.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What if the Doctor regenerated into a woman? :o Would he (err, she) grab a hold of a male companion? Moreover, is regenerating into a woman something that he's able to do? I know other Time Lords have done it, though I question whether it was influenced by said Time Lord's moral choices.
Not sure I'd like it if the Doctor flipped genders but...

S8 speculation:
Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Spoiler:
11 is hijinks personified. And he lived for 1100 years something. So possibly stuff happened that he might not even remember himself, as 12.

Also have some cute Donna Martha Ten gifs ~<3

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Anno

Rinshan Kaihou!
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
Honestly... u.u I prefer RTD over Moffet as a showrunner. At least RTD kills characters and leaves them dead... and knows how to write women, not just girls.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
and knows how to write women, not just girls.
That's a true point. River was quite girly despite being supposed to be more of a woman. Amy was fun because Karen Gillan carried the role well, imo.

I heard another thing too: in the RTD era, the Doctor's companions started off as common people who weren't special at all (a shopgirl, a med student and a temp with huge insecurities) but in their time with him, they grew as persons and became brilliant. Rose became a defender of the Earth in a parallel world, Martha became a cool military something and Donna saved reality and went on to finally find a husband and live a good life.

But Amy had the cracks in the universe and River Song plot revolving around her and Clara had half a season of mystery surrounding her. It wasn't until the end that Amy and Rory almost left the Doctor to live normal human lives instead, and it seems like Clara might do that at the end of S8... They were special right off the bat instead of feeling like regular people that we could connect with who then grew to become something more.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Boop. Has anybody seen the latest episode yet? I'm really quite interested because they're supposedly robbing a bank, as hinted in the last episode's trailer haha

EDIT: additionally, i came across this peculiar image haha
Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Void

hiiiii
Years
I haven't watched any of the newest series! To any who have: Compared to Matt Smith's first run, how is Peter Capaldi faring so far?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Capaldi is a bat**** insane sociopath, with no regard to anybody's lives. Okay, over-exaggerating a bit, but he is nothing like Smith at all. Smith was a whimsical fairy tale character, Capaldi is Old-Who Doctor with a vengeance. Watching Listen now.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I liked the whimsical fairy-tale more. New Who was great with Tennant and Smith's craziness, it didn't have to go old school imo. This is the 21st century, not the 20th :) but I won't stop watching Twelve's run. The adventures are still cool and I hope Capaldi might get better pnce he gets rid of Clara ;)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Clara or no Clara Capaldi is amazing. If you think that he's not firing on all cylinders now, you are wrong. Although I do admit that I want to see if he gets softer or harder with clara's leaving. And yeah, done with listen. That was just insane, those last 16 minutes. Clara's screwing with time, THAT scene, it was almost perfect.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Clara or no Clara Capaldi is amazing. If you think that he's not firing on all cylinders now, you are wrong. Although I do admit that I want to see if he gets softer or harder with clara's leaving. And yeah, done with listen. That was just insane, those last 16 minutes. Clara's screwing with time, THAT scene, it was almost perfect.
As long as we agree the barn wasn't on Gallifrey ;)

Back