• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

Good to see some progress with your Sphere skills. :) I'll be releasing my PKMN Game here soon, which is being developed in Sphere as well. I am switching it to Sphere v2 at the moment.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to email/pm me. Preferably on Spherical though, I'm more active there. I'm Jaysonic on Spherical btw. :)

Good luck with your game.

How much easier is Sphere v2 to use?

Are you using diamond and pearl overworlds btw? cos I've only good like two or three and can't find a good place to get them with out hours of image editing.

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2009
I am only switching to Sphere v2 (which is in experimental stages atm) because my friend (matmunn14 on spherical) has sort of convinced me. And a lot of other people on Spherical are using Sphere v2 now because of how logical it is. It's rather confusing at first glance but if you search the wiki for the V2 Interface it becomes a lot simplier. Just remember, you will have to convert ALL of what you have coded so far to the new style. Can be quite a hefty task.

And no, I am sticking with FR/LG Tiles and OW because of the availability at this present point in time.

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
wow this game rocks.. and progress is very fast :D keep it up :D btw did you put d/p moves like aura sphere etc? :D

Waudby

I was tempted to change over but liek you said I'd have to convert all my scripts so far.

So that put's me off.

Which while the screens don't show too much has been done, all of features have been coded so far which haven't been shown in screenshots.

I think I'll stick to 1.14 for the game and upgrade for the next project I work on.

Anyways: Update :)

Changed the story a bit as I wasn't happy with the one I previously posted.

All I wanna say about it, is it involves a big earthquake ;)

EDIT:

wow this game rocks.. and progress is very fast :D keep it up :D btw did you put d/p moves like aura sphere etc? :D

Every move is in the game, I don't have the animations for them yet, because personally I don't feel like ripping all 400+ attacks lol

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
oic and are you planning add all d/p pokemon? :D gudluck to your game hope you will finish this awesome game

Waudby

oic and are you planning add all d/p pokemon? :D gudluck to your game hope you will finish this awesome game

Every Pokémon has already been added with all stats etc.

All thats left is to program each move for each pokemon at certain levels.

Just a matter of importing the data and writing a new function.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
The game looks great, the story and especially the graphics. They look lovely! Can't wait for a demo

Waudby

I have now finish all the scripting for the first demo storyline.

It's not the longest in the world but there's enough to get a little taste of the game.

I now need to finish some of the systems and iron out the creases. lol.

It's expected to be ready in about two weeks.

Waudby

Well perosnally i think i'll stay with the Lucas sprite.

Because the sprites you made are too small for my settings and I don't wanna have to change the whole style of my game because of the main characters. sorry.

Atomic Reactor

its just an edit of the Red sprite.
so its the perfect size.

alright then.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I like the new updates, and I'm sad that I wasn't on the computer to see it happen ;_;

Oh well, they look great

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Good job so far on this, nice to see someone able to make use of Sphere! Something I can't do...

Nice graphically, and it seems well scripted.

A couple of suggestions! The night shot needs to be darker with a stronger hint of blue in the screen tint. But it's good to see that you've got lit windows ;) and also, consistency with capitalisation. Pokémon names like Cyndaquil have always been written as CYNDAQUIL (unless nicknamed in lowercase). If you're using the D/P naming method, Pokémon names are the only things completely capitalised, so the NPCs, attacks, items, places and the word "Pokémon" are written with just their first letter in capitals. If you're using the old method, every darn thing is capitalised!

But these things apart, awesome job :)

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2009
@Fangking: Which is why I prefer the old style. Don't like how D/P does it. :P
@Waudby: You should be using Sphere v1.4 not v1.14 . Lol. And remember, v1.5 is coming out soon. Can't wait.

Hope all is going well on the coding side of things, it can seem quite a task at times.

Waudby

@Fangking: Which is why I prefer the old style. Don't like how D/P does it. :P
@Waudby: You should be using Sphere v1.4 not v1.14 . Lol. And remember, v1.5 is coming out soon. Can't wait.

Hope all is going well on the coding side of things, it can seem quite a task at times.

I am using 1.4 i didn't mean to add the extra one lol.

When is v1.5 out?

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2009
When Kyuu gets around to doing it. Lol. His a busy bloke. It's at the top of his list atm though. Hopefully not too long. 1.5 will only iron out a few bugs in the editor and fix up some of the API. Added a bit more to the API as well, I think.

Waudby

When Kyuu gets around to doing it. Lol. His a busy bloke. It's at the top of his list atm though. Hopefully not too long. 1.5 will only iron out a few bugs in the editor and fix up some of the API. Added a bit more to the API as well, I think.

Fair enough.

I wish I was good enough and knew enough abotu the insides of sphere to help him out put a few features in etc.

but oh well.

I'm now programming each of the pokémon's standard move sets.

Not fun work :|

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
I could've sworn that you said something about releasing the other starters by now :P

Ah well, it still looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back