• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Which characters would you like to see in SSB4?
Its probably a lost cause anyway but if the Mother universe were to add just one more rep I'd be happy. Logic says if they were to do this they would add Ninten, but I personally would love to see one of the projectile users (Jeff or Loid). Unfortunately though, while the series had a dedicated or "cult" fanbase, its just not popular enough to warrant another rep.
I think Birdo would be pretty fun to use, assuming you would be able to spit eggs at your opponents.
It'd be nice to see Roy make a comeback but again unlikely.
But this is all bias on my end just because I think both Mother and Fire Emblem series need more love. From a more realistic point of view Kenshin5's list was pretty good and there wasn't much I disagreed with there (though I really dislike the idea of having Ridley as a playable character).

Also Conker. His attacks and recovery seem incredibly obvious choices for anyone who's played CBFD, but I know there is no way in a million years would he ever see a place in the SSB roster.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Yeah I didn't know about Ridley since the size of Ridley. I was just thinking of another iconic character from Samus. I know others mentioned Dark Samus but they seem like their moveset would be virtual clones of Samus unless they have her exclusively Zero Suit.

Birdo would be fun, I would just picture the Egg Projectiles now. The only thing I am thinking is that is Birdo more popular then other choices such as Toad, Fawful, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Daisy, Rosalina. Not to say Birdo is popular with all the appearances outside of Mario Bros 2 she made. He was the main boss and needs so more love. Although it is highly unlikely he is a Rep. Paper Mario has been thrown around a lot as well, I don't know about him though he may just become another Dr. Mario. Dry Bowser would be interesting to see, although would he be a clone of Boswer is the real question as well as if he is a worthwhile rep.

I don't follow Mother, but I assume like Lucas Nienten has moves Ness does not have? If so I'd be content if Mother had 3 reps.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
About Ridley...
His size has varied many times over the games with Super Smash bros. Brawl uysing one of his largest forms. Ridley's smallest size is actually about the size of Bowser so it's possible. I actually really want a playable Ridley as he's my favourate character in the Metroid franchise. Ridley is coming out in the top 5 in most polls about newcomers in SSB4 which was how Meta-Knight and Wario got in Brawl so I'm hoping for playable Ridley :D he's almost guarantied, at least, a return as a boss though as, what I think, the most iconic villian in Metroid.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
And the Star Fox characters... they should add the other characters from the franchise because I think they're worthy candidates as newcomers. I don't know about Ridley though because what attacks can he wield as regular attacks, grappling and stuff? If there was a Final Smash ball like in Brawl, what will his Final Smash be?

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I don't know about Ridley though because what attacks can he wield as regular attacks, grappling and stuff? If there was a Final Smash ball like in Brawl, what will his Final Smash be?
Well as you asked.
Regular attacks are simple (punching, headbutts, attacks with wings, maybe biting)
Movement is slowish as Ridley is at home in the air not ground but can 'fly' to the same extent as Meta-Knight or Charizard and is still quicker then most other brute characters like Bowser or Ganondorf.
special attacks:
plasma breath for no direction
Down- stomp (like Bowser or King Dedede)
Up- rapid flying spin-thing (like Charizard or Wario)
left or right- Charges/swings with massive tail

Final Smash:
Ridley becomes Meta-Ridley gaining size, invulnerbility and powering up attacks.

So basically play style would be not too diffrent from Charizard with bits of a Bowser play style mixed in with it. I've really just used moves other Characters have in Brawl let alone what other attacks come in on SSB4

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Well it seems everyone has the characters picked out. But I would love to see a selected few in the newer SSB game

Krystal (I LOOOOVE her, she was my character in the Star Fox Assault game and only I can be her) :P

Also a few Mario characters would be awesome:
1) Waluigi
2) Daisy
3) Toad
4) Shadow Mario!!
5) Metal Mario...maybe?

Star Fox members:
Wolf is in SSBB? Sweeeeeet!!
Pepper and Slippy, heck, include all the Star Fox team! Of course, Krystal as I mentioned her earlier

Sonic members:
I saw Sonic was in SSBB, awesome. What about the rest?
Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, etc

I can't remember the rest from this point on..

I need to get Super Smash Bros Brawl....I feel like I'm being left out in the dust!! :(

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Well it seems everyone has the characters picked out. But I would love to see a selected few in the newer SSB game

Krystal (I LOOOOVE her, she was my character in the Star Fox Assault game and only I can be her) :P

1) Waluigi
2) Daisy
3) Toad
4) Shadow Mario!!
5) Metal Mario...maybe?

Star Fox members:
Pepper and Slippy, heck, include all the Star Fox team! Of course, Krystal as I mentioned her earlier

Sonic members:

I need to get Super Smash Bros Brawl....I feel like I'm being left out in the dust!! :(
yes, Krystal gets the Arbok seal of approval. Slippy would also be awesome (I'd actually prefer him to Falco who seems a Fox clone to me).

Mario characters, whilst I love Waluigi in a weird way and at first was disapointed he didn't make the Brawl Player Characters I can't see what he'd bring. When you've got Mario, Luigi and Wario who are all more iconic then Waluigi I don't see why another character should be denied for him. The same goes for Daisy being so much like Peach and all the Mario versions. I think that stuff would be better reflected in skins or something for characters.
I think the best Mario characters to add would either be Toad or Bowser jr.

Also I just remembered, Meowth in SSB4 anyone? He's certainly more recognised then Lucario.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
yes, Krystal gets the Arbok seal of approval. Slippy would also be awesome (I'd actually prefer him to Falco who seems a Fox clone to me).

Mario characters, whilst I love Waluigi in a weird way and at first was disapointed he didn't make the Brawl Player Characters I can't see what he'd bring. When you've got Mario, Luigi and Wario who are all more iconic then Waluigi I don't see why another character should be denied for him. The same goes for Daisy being so much like Peach and all the Mario versions. I think that stuff would be better reflected in skins or something for characters.

Also I just remembered, Meowth in SSB4 anyone? He's certainly more recognised then Lucario.

I see what you mean, but I always thought 'The More, The Better' in these games to be honest. Bowser Jr would be a good one!

Honestly

Unlike the Adventure Mode in Melee, I always wanted an specific adventure mode for each character. Like I guess some would be similar stories, but the Boss would reflect the characters you choose. Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi to face Bowser or...Giga Bowser? Fox for Android? Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Meowth for...Mewtwo/Lucario or maybe even....Arceus? (Mewtwo/Jigglypuff is in Brawl too right?) Link/Zelda for Gangdolf(idk how to spell his name lol)

Then works the other way around for being Bowser for Mario/Luigi, etc and Wolf to face Falco/Fox, etc. And the Ice Climbers/Mr Game and Watch would just simply face the Master Hand and/or Crazy Hand or whatever else they added...since they aren't popular or something?

That's just me dreaming though right? LOL

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I see what you mean, but I always thought 'The More, The Better' in these games to be honest. Bowser Jr would be a good one!

Honestly

Unlike the Adventure Mode in Melee, I always wanted an specific adventure mode for each character. Like I guess some would be similar stories, but the Boss would reflect the characters you choose. Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi to face Bowser or...Giga Bowser? Fox for Android? Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Meowth for...Mewtwo/Lucario or maybe even....Arceus? (Mewtwo/Jigglypuff is in Brawl too right?) Link/Zelda for Gangdolf(idk how to spell his name lol)

Then works the other way around for being Bowser for Mario/Luigi, etc and Wolf to face Falco/Fox, etc. And the Ice Climbers/Mr Game and Watch would just simply face the Master Hand and/or Crazy Hand or whatever else they added...since they aren't popular or something?

yeah I'm all for 'the more the merrier' but there is a limited amount of spaces for characters up for grabs.

Ooo I like that. My main gripe (well one of them) with the story is how it seems to cram all the characters in one after the other. You could cut 3/4 of the cast of Brawl with no effect on the story line what so ever. Having character specific campains would be great. Maybe after they're all done you get the hidden last part with the big bad of the game when all the little plots connect.

I'd actually like the last bosses to not be playable characters. That way they can be made much stronger.
Example- Bowser is still an enemy of the Mario story, maybe still the main one, but the last boss would be Giga-Bowser or Petey Piranha or King Boo.

Also Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl :( Lucario had a very similar way of attacking s o Mewtwo was kicked out for him :( I think it was because otherwise all Pokemon were gen I and they wanted the relativly new gen IV to have a player character.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'd actually like the last bosses to not be playable characters. That way they can be made much stronger.
Example- Bowser is still an enemy of the Mario story, maybe still the main one, but the last boss would be Giga-Bowser or Petey Piranha or King Boo.

Also Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl :( Lucario had a very similar way of attacking s o Mewtwo was kicked out for him :( I think it was because otherwise all Pokemon were gen I and they wanted the relativly new gen IV to have a player character.
Petey Piranha!! King Boo....my favorite in Mario Kart Double Dash back in the days haha

Anyway, Mewtwo was easily my second favorite character to Fox McCloud. I'm disappointed now :( Are there still Pokeballs as items? Is Mewtwo in those or still a trophy or is he just flat out gone from Super Smash Bros for good? :(

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
About Ridley...
His size has varied many times over the games with Super Smash bros. Brawl uysing one of his largest forms. Ridley's smallest size is actually about the size of Bowser so it's possible. I actually really want a playable Ridley as he's my favourate character in the Metroid franchise. Ridley is coming out in the top 5 in most polls about newcomers in SSB4 which was how Meta-Knight and Wario got in Brawl so I'm hoping for playable Ridley :D he's almost guarantied, at least, a return as a boss though as, what I think, the most iconic villian in Metroid.
I presume these are top 5 polls on various forums and not Official polls the producers ask for characters. If they can down size then great, I just can't think of anyone else as Iconic to the series as him.

1) Waluigi
2) Daisy
3) Toad
4) Shadow Mario!!
5) Metal Mario...maybe?

Star Fox members:

Sonic members:

1. Completely content with.
2. Seems like a clone of Peach, which they seem to already have the Daisy like colors in Peaches clothes.
3. Take Toad out of Peach moveset, it would seem weird to have Toad playable and as a move. Too me Toads don't stand out any more then any other mass character i.e. Goomba, Koopas, Hammer Bros, etc.
4. Shadow Mario is essentially Bowser Jr. so it would make more sense at least to me to add Bowser Jr. to the roster.
5. Use Metal item and you have metal Mario. Not need to waste a slot on Metal Mario when the move set would probably be a virtual clone. Not to mention more viable option imo with Paper Mario.

As far as the rest, the Sonic franchise just wanted to get its foot in the door. Not to mention the 3rd Party status it and Metal Gear Solid have.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Characters
Heres a list of Characters.

I concur which is why I am a little hesitant when it comes to Waluigi. If they added another unique character then they could give it a completely new moveset.

Meowth may be more recognized but it seems highly doubt. Zoroark seems to be the logical replacement. I think they would have included Meowth by now if they were going to do it. Personally I always felt he should have been in 64 over Jigglypuff. And if he ever was in there I hope that's who he replaced(although first 12 will probably not get replaced).

Honestly

I dunno if we could gear a story mode to every character or every few. If we did that would be great. But I personally found Subspace Emissary quite entertaining. So if they could build upon that I'd be conent.

Petey Piranha!! King Boo....my favorite in Mario Kart Double Dash back in the days haha

Anyway, Mewtwo was easily my second favorite character to Fox McCloud. I'm disappointed now :( Are there still Pokeballs as items? Is Mewtwo in those or still a trophy or is he just flat out gone from Super Smash Bros for good? :(
Pokeballs are still items. Seems they haven't included Mewtwo. But apparently he was planned to be a playable character in Brawl. I know a lot of people want Mewtwo back and I can understand why. Too say him and Lucario are clones seems a bit of a stretch. Only thing similar is Shadow Ball to Aura Sphere.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Birdo would be fun, I would just picture the Egg Projectiles now. The only thing I am thinking is that is Birdo more popular then other choices such as Toad, Fawful, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Daisy, Rosalina. Not to say Birdo is popular with all the appearances outside of Mario Bros 2 she made. He was the main boss and needs so more love. Although it is highly unlikely he is a Rep. Paper Mario has been thrown around a lot as well, I don't know about him though he may just become another Dr. Mario. Dry Bowser would be interesting to see, although would he be a clone of Boswer is the real question as well as if he is a worthwhile rep.
I'm pretty certain, compared to other characters in the Mario universe, Birdo would not be the one they choose to add, you are correct there. My list was more of a 'wishlist' really.

I don't follow Mother, but I assume like Lucas Nienten has moves Ness does not have? If so I'd be content if Mother had 3 reps.
Ninten does have different moves to both Lucas and Ness, to be honest though, most of them are just healing moves but I think it'd be slightly more likely (though still unlikely) that they would add Ninten and chop and change some of his moves over the secondary characters like Loid and Jeff (its just an assumption though based off the idea that Ness definately has different moves in SSB compared to his moves in Earthbound)...but again I know there is no way would they bother giving Mother/Earthbound another rep.
In reality, I'll just be happy if they keep Ness and Lucas.

Last edited:

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013

As I said he had the same moveset and style to Lucario, I'd prefer Mewtwo though...
Yeah there's still pokeballs to throw and hope you get a good one like Groundon not Goldeen who just uses splash (should of used Magikarp). Mewtwo's only ingame appearance is as a trophy for defeating all starr mode on intense dificulty.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
On the subject of Kid Icarus: Pit was, in my opinion, one of the most unusable characters in the game - he was incapable of landing a solid hit that was worth a damn. How he has his own game series I'll never know lol.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I personally found Pit quite usefully. On the other hand Ganondorf seems pretty unusable do to how long his attacks and mobility overall is. KI Uprising seems pretty solid 3DS game so I can see how he has his own series.

Been awhile since anything was discussed here... So here's a new topic.

What new series or new character from recent years would you like to see?

From lurking around gamefaqs SSB IV boards a lot of people seem to like Shulk from Xenoblade. Not that I played the game, but I wouldn't mind seeing him.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Oh sweet, Smash Brothers! I'm interested in joining!

Your Username: Game Over1375, but I ask that everyone just calls me Game.

How did you start playing Smash Bros?
When did the original on the N64 come out? Yeah... I started on the day it came out. XD

Any thoughts/opinions about it?
I love Super Smash Bros. My favorite game was Melee, but I do recognize Brawl as a great game to the series. My only problem was that it did away with so many great things that were in Melee.

What strategies/characters do you use when playing?
My favorite characters in Melee were Young Link, Mario, Kirby, and Bowser, and my strategies would be based on the characters. Favorite characters in Brawl are Toon Link, Luigi, Kirby, and Bowser.

What is your opinion on the new SSB game coming?
Don't really know enough to have a good opinion. I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome though.

Hm... That's a toughie. Tails is someone I would love to see. Although I doubt it'll happen, it would be AMAZING to see Giygas (Mother 1 and 2) in the next game in some way. Oh, Bower Jr. too. That would be sweet. WAIT!!!! Hold the presses. Geno. 'Nuff said.

There's really only one I can think of, and that's Midna.

Johnnikles

Blarghhh
Years
Well, I'm new to the forum. Hopefully I can still join. XD

How did you start playing Super Smash Bros?
x I've been a fan since the original. I remember seeing Mario and Link on the cover and couldn't resist it. Lol.

Any thoughts/opinions about it?
x I'm obsessed with Brawl. Avid player since it came out.

What strategies/characters do you use when playing?
x I'm one of the few, the proud, the Ness players. I always play defensively in video games, and Ness is the single most defensive character in Brawl. PSI Magnet, ftw! Takes a lot of close watching, though, but it's not rare to get out of a fight without losing a life if you go about it right. PSI Fire has a lot of defense capabilities and is absolutely wonderful for setting up combos. Fire, then use Ness' overpowered grab or just keep spamming out more fires. Then there's Thunder. Inconvenient at times, yes, but it does such immense % damage to be able to control. Same goes for Flash (AKA PK FROSH!), although it's a bit more difficult to get in all stealthy like. I usually try to capture them trying to recover from edges with it.

x We need some Paula, Jeff, and Poo IMO (from Earthbound/MOTHER).

x I would not like to see Marth. I know that. Too much Ness pwnage from his OP self. :P

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

I'm not sure this counts as recent because he's been around for quite a while, but I figure he's in recent games so it works. I'd love to see Waluigi as a playable character. I think he would be like a more useful version of Luigi lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd like to join please :D
Your username: AlexOzzyCake

My favourite character to use is Ike. I use him literally every single time. His powerful attacks still manage to carry some speed and his special attacks are the best! Plus his hair and cape are just awesome. <3

Hmm, interesting question... I think I'd like to see Scraggy as a new Pokemon based contestant! I'd also like to see Lakitu or Koopa Troopa get some action in Brawl - how cute would it be to play as them? x]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back