• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
OMG... MRAS... the Megastone is just the generalized term for the items like Blazikenite...

And I feel like the Mega Pokemon are purposefully made to look epic... almost on the level of epicness as the most epic legendary Pokemon. What if they were translated to "Legend Formes" or something? Haha... wishful thinking.

Doesn't Mega-lucario look like it could punch a hole in the space-time continuum, and pissing off Dialga and Palkia, only to proceed to beat them to a pulp.
Mega-lucario signature move, AURA FIST! It conjures an aura sphere, throws it, dashes forward, and punches through it, carrying the energy with its fist.
[A play on one of my joke combos for a series I wrote combining Force Palm and Aura Sphere into the FACE PALM OF DEATH]

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Maybe extremely popular Pokemon and Pokemon without evolutions will get these forms.
As long as not every Pokemon gets one, it's good.

Years
Idk to have to have item plus stone for megas seems really stupid. And each item being diffrent for the pokemon just also seems stupid. It seems like a waste of space when they could make it a extremely rare ability or a hidden ability and save more space. Idk just my opion

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Doesn't Mega-lucario look like it could punch a hole in the space-time continuum, and pissing off Dialga and Palkia, only to proceed to beat them to a pulp.
Mega-lucario signature move, AURA FIST! It conjures an aura sphere, throws it, dashes forward, and punches through it, carrying the energy with its fist.
[A play on one of my joke combos for a series I wrote combining Force Palm and Aura Sphere into the FACE PALM OF DEATH]

YASS! God Formes would be more fitting really...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Idk to have to have item plus stone for megas seems really stupid. And each item being diffrent for the pokemon just also seems stupid. It seems like a waste of space when they could make it a extremely rare ability or a hidden ability and save more space. Idk just my opion
They could've done that, but my guess is that they didn't as they want to leave it open for us to use the Megastone on whichever Blaziken, Absol, and Mawile we want.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013

It just makes sense though.. Just like the way you get Black kyurem/White kyurem. Seems like a waste of space, but makes sense.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I wonder if the mega-forms have something to do with a storyline and that's why these specific pokemon got the forms I feel like though they are just trying to push the envelope on what to change since its a good time to add newr stuff to pokemon like I said earlier I would like mega blaziken evolve from a combusken than from blazeken

That new electric mouse looks like what happens when a raichu breeded with a azurill and something went wrong

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Only in the games, both forms were shown in the same movie in the Anime. The only thing Platinum did was introduce an item the allowed Giratina to change between the forms.

@Magma, that is a good idea. You might be able to get the pokemon with its item through an event, like the first one, Torchic, but, to help with the game [i mean, having mega-blaziken available so early on...kind of a cheap way to win at gyms, don't you think?] But then get the Mega-stone, at some point in the game, like as part of the storyline, or a post-champion quest.

The anime doesn't really matter as the games show them first and the Pokemon are released with the games, not with the anime. Giratina didn't have a form in the two headliner titles for Gen 4 and had one added in a later game. Giratina had a new form added.

I mean if you go that way, Kyurem never had a new form added after either, nor Keldeo since both the new forms and the original forms were shown in their movie debuts.

@Haza I NEVER would have thought of the stones being generalized as Megastones....OMG you're a genius!

DamienHelvian

Years
YASS! God Formes would be more fitting really...

Well, some people seem to theorize that these forms will be equivalent to Pseudo...
So maybe, not Mega or Awakened
Legendary Form...some sort of ancient power[move pun not intended], being awakened [hey maybe that's where the name comes from] in their DNA.
the Legendary Lucario Warrior, with his Signature Aura Fist, slaying the pokemon Gods. [LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN *cough*]
Lucario is my prime in Black 2...I love him so much. Aura Sphere slaughters pretty much any pokemon weak or neutral to fighting with ease...and Dragon Pulse and Ice punch take care of the rest....
I like the idea of more Punch moves. A dragon punch would be absolutely perfect, as a lot of people have fighting type pokemon [and let's not forget the fact that the popular starters are part fighting type, like Blaziken]. So a move like that would be big...and of course, teach it to alakazam :P

Oh right, I remembered another idea I had for a pokemon ability <3

About this 'waste of space' thing. The item bag is pretty much infinite, and since it would likely be a Key Item, and one of the kinds you don't really need to 'use' you could sort it to the bottom of the list and not really care about it.
As for the secondary item, the only problem it would have, is if it's a Held Item, then you wouldn't be able to use the element boosters that are quite important, like Charcoal or Black Belt.

HallowTrainer

Emerald Archer
Years
The mega Pokemon surprised me a bit, I saw the mega Blaziken and Ampharos thinking that there would a 4th evolution, but then I read that they were Megas. But would this mean that a Mawile and Absol evolution is out of the question?

Haza

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
T
@Haza I NEVER would have thought of the stones being generalized as Megastones....OMG you're a genius!

Sarcasm? *whips out pocketknife*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sarcasm? *whips out pocketknife*

Nope, serious. I thought that the Mega Stone was an actual item, but generalizing all the Mega Stones like Blazikenite into one source is freakin genius! Makes me wonder what the names of the other stones will be.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
Can't say this was exactly the news of the century, as it was proposed last update. (kind of hope this is some mock news)

It sure is interesting to see something radically new added this time around; however this kind of irks me a little. =/ Will this severely shift competitive play to only mega forms now, or is this mechanic only limited to the single player mode? Along with that is the form permanent, or does the Poke revert to its original state after a battle?

Hopefully there is some in-game balance to this mechanic.

Years
It just makes sense though.. Just like the way you get Black kyurem/White kyurem. Seems like a waste of space, but makes sense.

Yes but unlike kyreums items, these are likely event only items. I honestly think they should have the items in game. I hope so, but I know it wont happen.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I'm not opposed to the concept, but I feel only "special" Pokémon should be able to get it... Seriously, Mawile? Who cares about Mawile? And Ampharos? I like Ampharos but in the Pokémon lore it's not deserving of a mega form IMO.

Blaziken, Lucario and Mewtwo are fine, Absol not so much. I hope all the starters get it though, because it's quite unfair that only Blaziken gets it. Also hoping for Zoroark, who should've got it instead of Absol since he's the 5th gen movie star like Lucario is the 4th gen movie star.

And the names are ridiculous. Not everything sounds cool with super or mega attached to their name.

DamienHelvian

Years
I'm not opposed to the concept, but I feel only "special" Pokémon should be able to get it... Seriously, Mawile? Who cares about Mawile? And Ampharos? I like Ampharos but in the Pokémon lore it's not deserving of a mega form IMO.

Blaziken, Lucario and Mewtwo are fine, Absol not so much. I hope all the starters get it though, because it's quite unfair that only Blaziken gets it. Also hoping for Zoroark, who should've got it instead of Absol since he's the 5th gen movie star like Lucario is the 4th gen movie star.

And the names are ridiculous. Not everything sounds cool with super or mega attached to their name.

Oh gawd...MegaLucario vs MegaZoroark.....

Haza

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Glad you said that. I think the fact that irrelevant weakling Pokemon like Mawhile and Ampharos, along with a legendary Pokemon like Mewtwo, a popular Pokemon like Lucario, and a starter Pokemon like Blaziken maybe hinting that A LOT of Pokemon will possibly have access to these formes... but again... that's my wishful thinking. They could just be spreading the wealth.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Can't say this was exactly the news of the century, as it was proposed last update. (kind of hope this is some mock news)

It sure is interesting to see something radically new added this time around; however this kind of irks me a little. =/ Will this severely shift competitive play to only mega forms now, or is this mechanic only limited to the single player mode? Along with that is the form permanent, or does the Poke revert to its original state after a battle?

Hopefully there is some in-game balance to this mechanic.

Smogon wise...I forsee two of the MegaForms getting banned....one because its possibly a better version of a Pokemon that is already banned. The other because of the power creep he just got.

Official tournament wise, I don't see any banning. Also they may be available in the game. Torchic is going to be an event because its probably otherwise unobtainable in game. Though I can see Absol and Mawile being in game as well as their Mega Stones. Mewtwo's considering he may be accessible in game may have his stone as well.

As for what it may do, since its a battle only form it may be in that form when you enter battle but in the over world it would be normal? I dunno, there's really not much more to go off of other than they are battle forms only.

Haza

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Also, when Lucario was revealed, he was originally compared to Absol and adored in a similar manner... Zoroark is third in line.

DamienHelvian

Years
Smogon wise...I forsee two of the MegaForms getting banned....one because its possibly a better version of a Pokemon that is already banned. The other because of the power creep he just got.

Official tournament wise, I don't see any banning. Also they may be available in the game. Torchic is going to be an event because its probably otherwise unobtainable in game. Though I can see Absol and Mawile being in game as well as their Mega Stones. Mewtwo's considering he may be accessible in game may have his stone as well.

As for what it may do, since its a battle only form it may be in that form when you enter battle but in the over world it would be normal? I dunno, there's really not much more to go off of other than they are battle forms only.

I think depending on the balancing, they may or may not be banned...
It also depends on the tournament I guess..
I do think that at least in the Battle Institutes/facilities, they may likely be banned in those in-game places...

Back