• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Complete Item Editor

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
thats 129 possible stones(minus some for the other items that also need that range)... how many did you need?!?

some people have made stones outside this area with some ASM code... not sure how it works but ive seen it in hacks.

Haha, not that many.

It's unfortunate because I need to reload a backup and add the new items again.

It's okay though, shouldn't take too long.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
Where will I put my compiled script????
sN1F2KD.png

I know now xD
By the way, Is this tool supports EV Reducing berries?
And how do I access More Usage in my newly created item?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2015
Fantastic Tool! Keep up the good work is really helping out, you saved me from hex editing the descriptions!

MrFantasy

Mysterious Trainer
Years
Sorry to be a noobie but I played around with it myself before asking as to not waste anyones time. I'm not sure how to edit held effects, like for example I want to change the EXP. SHARE to the EXP. ALL. Any help would be great.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
Sorry to be a noobie but I played around with it myself before asking as to not waste anyones time. I'm not sure how to edit held effects, like for example I want to change the EXP. SHARE to the EXP. ALL. Any help would be great.
You'll need ASM if you want an EXP. ALL.

On to my request.

Could you make your tool support extended item tables? I'm trying to expand the number of TMs available (cuz why not), and it'd be nice if your tool could support that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
You'll need ASM if you want an EXP. ALL.

On to my request.

Could you make your tool support extended item tables? I'm trying to expand the number of TMs available (cuz why not), and it'd be nice if your tool could support that.

Wel basically, i can only make tools for stuff i know how to do... do u have a thread explaining how you expand tms?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
Wel basically, i can only make tools for stuff i know how to do... do u have a thread explaining how you expand tms?
Well I'm not asking that, I was just asking if you could make your tool read the pointers to the item table so that editing repointed item tables would be possible lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Well I'm not asking that, I was just asking if you could make your tool read the pointers to the item table so that editing repointed item tables would be possible lol.

Well yes I can... but id need to know where all the pointers are (hence the thread)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Hey, I know it's probably a dumb and easy-to-solve question, I had a problem using this tool.
I created some evolutionary stones (and checked thousands of times if their usage was EXACTLY the same as the original ones), used G3S to change some evolution methods and make some pokémon use these stones I created to evolve, but when I tested in the game, I've got the message "It won't have any effect."
What can possibly be wrong? I don't have a clue about what to do...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Hey, I know it's probably a dumb and easy-to-solve question, I had a problem using this tool.
I created some evolutionary stones (and checked thousands of times if their usage was EXACTLY the same as the original ones), used G3S to change some evolution methods and make some pokémon use these stones I created to evolve, but when I tested in the game, I've got the message "It won't have any effect."
What can possibly be wrong? I don't have a clue about what to do...
Make sure uve set a pokemon to evolve by that stone... u need a poke editor

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Make sure uve set a pokemon to evolve by that stone... u need a poke editor

I'm pretty sure I've set them to evolve Pokémon.
I created an item called Metal Plate, its usage is exactly like the original evolutionary stones, edited Onix using G3S and set it to evolve to Steelix using a Metal Plate. When I use the Metal Plate in-game, it shows Onix as a possible Pokémon to use (it wouldn't happen if I hadn't edited it using G3S) but when I use it I get the message "It won't have any effect."
Do I need to hex something? I'm pretty new to hexing, but if need be, just tell me what I need to do and I will do it.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Nice! .. I've wanted to try to create an evolutionary item with this tool because nothing else was working for me and what do i get?
That this tool doesn't work for Windows XP..

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Nice! .. I've wanted to try to create an evolutionary item with this tool because nothing else was working for me and what do i get?
That this tool doesn't work for Windows XP..

Sorry, I develop for 7 and up... might try getting modern hardware.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
MAN I HAVE A PROBLEM HERE

WHEN I LOAD PKMN FIRE RED ROM IT SAYS

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION HAS OCCURED IN YOUR APPLICATION

INVALIDARGUMANT=VALUE OF '226' IS NOT VALID FOR 'SELECTEDINDEX'.

PARAMETER NAME: SELECTEDINDEX

DETAILS OF THIS MASSAGE:
-------------------------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '226' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at LSA___Complete_Item_Editor.GUI.lstItemBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at LSA___Complete_Item_Editor.GUI.LoadROM_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18063 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LSA - Complete Item Editor
Assembly Version: 2.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/NASIM/Complete%20Item%20Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34270 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Back