• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
For the contest, I'm at 800 encounters. Sad, right? When I saw someone had 18,000 I'm like :O bahaha I seriously wonder how some people get so many encounters...
Yeah... I no-lifed for this contest for past 2-3 weeks but NOTHING came out. (meaning playing like 16-17hrs a day for past 2-3 weeks - Had nothing else to do :cheeky:)

I've slowed down lately, so I'm "only" at whooping 22000 encounters for both games combined (would've easily surpassed 27000 if I no-lifed) but still NOTHING!!!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!! :(:disappoin

Years
  • VA
  • Seen May 13, 2014
Hi,

I would like to add my random shinies to the shiny dex:

Wurmple - caught in the wild on route 102 in ruby, it is now a Dustox on my 4th gen game

Seedot - caught in the wild on route 102 in ruby (different save file than wurmple), it's now a shiftry on my 4th gen game

Axew - random shiny hatch while I was IV breeding Axews, it's on my Black game

Despite having 5 4th gen game cards, no random shinies at all. I am hatching a lot of eggs on Black these days, so maybe there will be more shiny hatchlings :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Thanks guys. ^^

Happy to see that you're back, PinkPirate! :D

I'm happy to see that you're posting here, Troggy! You never told me about the shiny Axew. :3

I have one shiny on Crystal, just a Beedrill. I ran into another wild shiny, a Grimer, but it fled from me. They have a chance of running in GSC but whyyy did a shiny have to do that. Oh well, here's hoping that my older games aren't erased yet. v_v

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
congrats to all the new co owners and to every one who has gotten new shinies.

ive lost track how many charmanders i have SR'd but its alot... and no other new shiny pokemon either. hopefully something though soon.

marcc5m

what
Years
After 244 eggs, I finished my first successful shiny hunt, and hatched shiny Swablu. :D
So now I'm probably gonna go for Venipede.
Also, congrats to all the people who got promotions. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • VA
  • Seen May 13, 2014
I'm happy to see that you're posting here, Troggy! You never told me about the shiny Axew. :3

I have one shiny on Crystal, just a Beedrill. I ran into another wild shiny, a Grimer, but it fled from me. They have a chance of running in GSC but whyyy did a shiny have to do that. Oh well, here's hoping that my older games aren't erased yet. v_v

Hmm...well it's Hardy natured and has meh IVs! :p

Maybe I should check on my Gen II stuff...I moved most everything to Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, including my shiny Pidgey 8D

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I'll join. Question, which starter should I hunt for in D/P/PL?

Hmm..well, I think Infernape has the best shiny form but I personally think it's a horrible Pokemon lol. Torterra has a decent shiny form, and I think it's a much better Pokemon. Empoleon's shiny form is horrid.

I say go for Turtwig. :3

SHINY CHARIZARD#1

Shiny Hunting Trainer
Years
HELLO, IM NEW TO BE A SHINY HUNTER. I WAS INSPIRED BY PEOPLE HERE TALKING ABOUT THERE SHINIES. I GLADLY WILL TRY MY BEST THE GET A...
SHINY DITTO
SHINY LUGIA
SHINY RAYQUAZA
SHINY STARTERS
AND THE THE OTHER SHINY LEGENDARIES
ILL START THIS SEARCH TODAY!!!!!! :D

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I would like to add my random shinies to the shiny dex:

Welcome to the club! Thanks for helping out our Dex - your shinies have been added! ;)

shiny Swablu

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Maybe I should check on my Gen II stuff

I was just about to post and say that G/S/C shinies don't count, but Landorus just changed the rules:

G/S/C shinies now count!! PM or VM me all of your 2nd gen shinies to have them included in the Dex!

EDIT: Hatched shinies in G/S/C don't count, due to their incredibly higher probability.

I'll join. Question, which starter should I hunt for in D/P/PL?

HELLO, IM NEW TO BE A SHINY HUNTER. I WAS INSPIRED BY PEOPLE HERE TALKING ABOUT THERE SHINIES. I GLADLY WILL TRY MY BEST THE GET A...
SHINY DITTO
SHINY LUGIA
SHINY RAYQUAZA
SHINY STARTERS
AND THE THE OTHER SHINY LEGENDARIES
ILL START THIS SEARCH TODAY!!!!!! :D

Welcome to the SHC! Good luck on your hunts! I started hunting because of this club, too - it's inspirational to read about other people finding shinies! :)

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
On my route challenge news...
Spoiler:

Anyways, gl all in shiny hunting.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Swablu, Fireworks!

Welcome all new members!

My Litwick hunt is now up to 1,660. I hatched a total of 84 Scythers and then moved on to hatching some Zoruas. So far I've hatched 10 Zoruas. I also plan on hatching some Absols. I will be focusing on just Litwick soon.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
The following issue is no longer up for discussion. This is final and will not change.

Hi everyone! Sorry about the little message above, I just wanted to make it absolutely clear. This issue will no longer be up for debate, if you have a problem with it please send a message to me or the co-owners as that last time this was in the club it led to a multi-page argument.
So, as many of you have seen, I sent out a mass private message. I did this as, although the argument had stopped in the club regarding shinies, I was still receiving private messages about it.

I decided to hold a club wide vote. We have gotten 24 votes - the majority of the active members in the club have voted (and their vote is more important [sorry newbies, but we get a lot of newbies who post once and leave forever]) Although not everyone has responded (as expected, of course) if the rest of the active members sent in their votes for the side that lost, it would still lose. So, I am posting this now.

Now, after typing a message I am sure many will just skip, here are the results. Votes will remain private but I will be sending PMs to the co-owners with proof so they can confirm eventually (if they are asked of if they feel like posting.)

Number of votes for allowing the use of ROMs: 18
Number of votes against the use of ROMs: 6

I was expecting it to be much more split, to be honest. :/

I would greatly appreciate it if those people who voted against it did not complain about this, and that people who voted for it do not gloat (seriously, be mature.) Please do not whine about this, you'll get a strike.

And yes, we did have one person leave because of this. I will be forever greatful if you are more mature than that. <3

So...

New Rule
Shiny Pokemon obtained on ROMs are allowed to be discussed and counted towards the PokeDex. Please read the spoiler below for details regarding this.
Spoiler:

----------------------------------------​

I also have a few more things to update about~
  • G-Money no longer wants to update the PokeDex, so I have re-taken over the job. :)
  • I am adding a Spinoff Shiny Dex to to PokeDex - so if you have Mysterious Dungeon WiiWare and Pokemon Rumble with shinies post them here/PM me!

Here, I will start off with my Pokemon Rumble shinies. I have 10 of them at the moment. The most I've gotten in one day was 4 I believe. Crazy day that was! If you're curious how to take clear pictures of Rumble, you have to hit '2' then click 'Take a Picture'. You need an SD card in your Wii.

Ignore the Rattata. I didn't get it by playing.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Cool idea about the Spin-Off Dex, Landorus! Now we can count shinies people get in other games without worrying about putting them in the normal ShinyDex.

I think XD and Colosseum should still count for the regular one, though.

I haven't done much shiny hunting over the past couple of days, so my numbers haven't changed much:

Some number of Hitmonchan
4906 Palkia
432 Dratini

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Happy to see that the debate was settled in a democratic process. Despite the um... yeah eheh. It's all in the nature of shiny hunting anyways. Let's get back to that then. :P

As for Rumble... Sooo mad at this game because you cannot evolve Pokemon! I've found two of my favorite shinies but they're in a worthless form. I'm not sure how to take the pics, but they are:
Charmeleon & Kakuna

Ohh because: Crystal shiny was a Beedrill. Of course it's a favorite. I failed at ever getting a Charmander. I wonder how many fails I have. v__V

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Hey guys! I found a new shiny! o3o

I was playing through Rumble again, and when I play through Rumble I go through every stage 5 times (just because.) Well, I was going through Normal Rank C Windie Prarie, I found my 11th Rumble shiny on the 26th total playthough!

It's kind of funny, because if you look at my post where I put all my Rumble shinies, you see I had a Rattata and I said it didn't count. That one was from the promotional code. :P

Yay! Shiny! o3o

Rattata next to another Rattata when I first found it.
Dead rat is dead.
It's going to heaven!
Rat versus two two-headed birds. Who shall win?
It thanks it's all that.
After it died I stuffed it and put it in my trophy case.

----

LOLWUT?

So, right now I am typing this in MS Word because I don't want to double post and I am waiting for someone to post (it's 11:54 PM right now EST) and I just found another shiny!

This shiny (also in Rumble) was on my 30th total playthrough, I was going through Bright Beach and in the boss battle a Shiny Squirtle appeared! 1/5 chance of it being the boss, but hey, Squirtle is nice too! :D

I took a video because it was in the boss battle. I had to move my night stand across the room, put my printer on top of it, then put my camera on top of 3 DS game cases (still on top of the printer) just to film it. So you better watch! >:o

Here's the video, bra.

Come at me, bra!
You came at me, bra.
Smugturtle.

Last edited:
Years
I just hatched a Shiny Snorlax..... The crazy thing is that it was given to me from my friend's Pokemon Black... Lemme post pictures as proof.

Turns it out was hacked T.T
My friend hacked the egg to make the pokemon inside shiny. D:

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Rattata and Squirtle, Landorus!

Congrats on the shiny Snorlax, Nato4eyes! I'm sorry to hear that.

I hatched 43 Zorua eggs and 15 Absol eggs before returning to my Litwick hunt, which is now at 1,667. I plan on only hatching Litwicks until I get a shiny. I've hatched over 2,500 eggs using the Masuda Method and still no shiny.

Last edited:
Years
nice news on the rule on emulator shinies. :D congrats to all those with a new shiny too!
785 soft resets for my shiny totodile on heart gold so far, no shiny starters yet.

Last edited:
Back