• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Icy's Custom Cards

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks! :D

Ah, I see.

---

UPDATE: Found another older doodle and made a card with it...

fake_card__this_gengar_is_too_cute___clearer_ver___by_karite_kita_neko-d6oycq2.png

It's been a while since I've made a "fun" card.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :)

UPDATE: Gym cards ftw!

fake_card__alex_s_nidoqueen_by_karite_kita_neko-d6pqp9o.png

I had used a slightly different version of this art on one of my past fakes, but I hated it. I figured I would try to use it again on a different blank (the old one was Pokémon SP). I felt that the style wouldn't work too well on a crisp blank (I think that was one of the reasons I hated the old card so much), so I used one of the older Gym-Classic blanks from Pokémon Aaah! this time. Since these are what fakers used to use all the time, it feels really nostalgic to me.

I based the card on a Nidoqueen that I once raised on Pearl Version. Toxic Quill is based on the "Poison Point" ability, Tectonic Rift is based on "Earthquake," and Ice Beam is, well, "Ice Beam." I used it for a short while on my Ice team. Other non-Ice Pokémon I used were Dragonair and Milotic (both of which also knew Ice Beam). However, now my team consists solely of actual Ice-types.

Illustration and gym badge by me. Trainer icon by xellaya @deviantART, character concept by me.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Goal achieved! :D

- - -

UPDATE: My first fake Pokémon card in what feels like forever. With Thanksgiving getting closer and closer... MASHED POTATOES FOR EVERYONE!

japanese_mashpot__potetogu__fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d6u19o6.png

Translation:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
That potato pile is much less adorable than the Giga Pudding thing, however.

I apologize for any loss of sanity suffered.

Wait, is that pudding man eating himself? Disturbing...

I can sort'a see a resemblance. Mostly the colors.

Is that... Sesshomaru? Looks a lot like him

No, he's my snow leopard character. However the silver hair, pointy ears, and facial markings do bring him to mind. However, Sesshomaru has yellow eyes, purple facial markings, a crescent on his forehead, longer hair, and shorter ears, whereas this character has red eyes, black facial markings, nothing on his forehead, shorter hair, and longer ears. Sesshomaru also doesn't have a tail (when in human-like form, anyway, though he does have that fluffy thing).

Though his original design wasn't intended to be related to Sesshomaru at all, I did use him in an Inuyasha-based RP before, in which he was related to Sesshomaru. Sesshy and the ice panther (I forget her name) were his great, great, great, etc. grandfather and grandmother.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
This is a fairy card so in real cards it would be resistance to dragon right? But i love the card.

That's what I thought at first, but official Fairy-type cards are resistant to Darkness instead. No idea why.

Here are a few examples: [x] [x] [x]

Thanks!

Also, just in case you or anyone else are wondering why my Fairy texture doesn't match the official, it's because I dislike the official texture and it looks awful on Neo-era cards. Most, if not all, of the official textures have changed to some extent over the years, the most drastic being Metal, so why not make a different one for Fairy?

Years
I'm more surprised just how dark the Fairy texture looks in those scans. The Dark resistance makes a fair bit of sense since they do happen to be resistant to Dark types, which are far more potent in the TCG than the Dragon types right now.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
These are simply amazing cards! I especially like the holographic ones, how did you do that? Is a seperate layer or does it actually shine? Keep up the awesome work making the cards! All ive ever done was make them with online generators and card programs ;-;

icycatelf

Alex
Years
These are simply amazing cards! I especially like the holographic ones, how did you do that? Is a seperate layer or does it actually shine? Keep up the awesome work making the cards! All ive ever done was make them with online generators and card programs ;-;

Thanks! The holographic effect is a different layer... well, 2 layers. The blend settings depend on the background, but what usually works for me is for the top foil layer to be set to Dodge (100% opacity) and the lower one to be set to Multiply (70% opacity).

I don't really like online generators. The blanks tend to be very low quality, often the wrong colors, with incorrect fonts and placement. The only card-specific program I've ever used was Magic Set Editor, which seemed to do pretty well for MTG and YGO fakes, but I never used it for Pokémon cards (the one I had didn't have the Pokémon plug-in, but I heard that one existed). I use Photoshop for all my fakes now, but GIMP is a great free alternative.

- - -

UPDATE:

snowpoke_fake_card_by_karite_kita_neko-d6uvqhd.png

I would have made it Japanese, or at least on a Japanese blank, but I haven't made any Ice blanks, I don't really like my Japanese Water blanks, and this artwork wouldn't suit a Psychic blank.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I dunno about that. Regular Slowpoke secrete a honey-like fluid from the tips of their tails, which I assume is why the end of the tail is lighter. This guy doesn't have anything like that, so I assume that it wouldn't taste as sweet. Plus, it's covered in hair.

That's because I had to reduce the character width so I could fit all the text. IIRC, some Neo-series cards had rather squished-looking flavour text entries, though maybe not to this degree.

EDIT: This one's pretty close. [x]

EDIT 2: This one seems to be the most extreme example, which looks almost identical to mine. [x]

Looks like I could have moved the text box left a pixel or so.

Last edited:
Back