• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
Years
Yeah with school and everything else I have really had the time to update my log, but regardless I finally beat Emerald. Can't say that it was too hard.

Agent's Name: Kendrix

Logs:

What I've complied about this trainer is classified above Top Secret and will be treaded as such.

At Norman's request we started to look into his son, Kendrix, history in order to evaluate whether or not he has the required skill to be recruited into our organization. What we found was rather amazing, not only did he fight and win against 16 gym leaders with just his Misdreavus (called Almia), he also beat the Elite Four and Champion in both Kanto and Johto. Also it turns out that he was responsible for disbanding Team Rocket twice and as such has gained celebrity status in both regions he has been in.

It turns out that Steven (one of our best agents) met him previously, in Kanto, has been leaking information to him about Team Magma and Aqua. We have been assured that the higher ups ordered this, and this incident is being used to test his character. While I was skeptical of this kid at first, after researching his history I am sure that he would make the progress in the Isshu Region go that much more smoothly.

Update:
We have now confirmed that Kendrix has already beaten 7 gym leaders. I personally called each one of them and using the information they have provided I can now get a clear idea of his battling style and his partner's, Almia, move set (see attached document for last known moves). Also Steven battled along side him earlier this week, against the Team Magma Boss and had only positive things to say about his battling style. At this rate we will have to alter the structure of the Elite Four Members to ensure that the battle goes on long enough to get some useful information.

Update 2:
Truthfully I thought this was my last update as some how Team Aqua and Magma somehow managed to revive the ancient best that formed this region years ago, Groudon and Kyorgre. Unfortunately this had the adverse effect of the weather everywhere to go out of whack (very hot in some places and constant thunder storms somewhere else). We spent majority of the day scanning for information about these beast and it was only by a stroke of luck that I managed to find some information on where Rayquaza sleeps (the third legendary pokemon, who was said to have calm both Groudon and Kyorgre years ago). Intend of sending agents with the information to awaken the sky pokemon, the higher ups decided to send this Kendrix kid instead.

It turns out it was the right gamble as he was able to awaken Rayqauza and pretty much save the entire region. I will definitely be watching this kid in the future.

Update 3:
Kendrix is definitely the type of agent that we need on this team. Not only did he get his last gym badge with relative ease but he also beat the entire Elite Four and the Champion (even after we changed some members around in order to make life difficult for him). Good thing we had cameras ready to capture his battling style as it is really something to behold. Even Steven, fell in battle against this guy, but then again he wasn't using his best team.

Here is a summery of his battles:

Sidney : He ended up relying on Thunder Bolt as most of his Misdreavus moves could not hurt Dark Types.

Phoebe : He just ended up ordering Almia to use Shadow Ball every time Phoebe sent out a Ghost Type. Her only non pure ghost type fell to a Thunder Bolt.

Glacia: Her three Water/ Ice type pokemon fell to a super effective Thunder Bolt. Her first Glalie managed to lower his Pokémon's speed but fell to a critical hit Psychic. Her second Glalie went first but squandered its chance by just setting up Hail. His Misdreavus Koed it easily with Psychic.

Drake: His Shelgon and Flygon fell to Psychic, but managed to hurt Kendrix's Misdreavus with crunch. His powerful Salamence and Altaria was 2hkoed by Thunderbolt, but also managed to hit Almia leaving her in dire shape. Kendrix then healed her and Koed Drake's last pokemon with a Shadow Ball Thunder Bolt Combo.

He then faced off against Wallace but easily managed to win, by using a combination of strategy and speed rarely seen in trainers nowadays. With that victory Kendrix added Champion of this region to his ever-expanding list of achievements.

I heard that Steven battled him after that, as a sort of entry exam to our organization, but he would tell us anything about the battle, other than that Kendrix was the real deal.

We have heard that he plans to move to the Sinnoh region, in order to escape the fame that he currently has for beating the Elite four and saving the Hoenn region. We will be watching, and if he proves his worth in that region, we will recruit him for our cause.

Last Known Location: Little Root Town – but we know that he will move to Twin Leaf Town, in the Sinnoh Region, in the coming weeks.

Pokemon:

Almia (Misdreavus) F lvl 93

=>Calm Mind
=>Psychic
=>Astonish
=>Thunderbolt

almiaemeraldhof.png

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Okay, so after that Kingdra run, which was my first ever solo run, I got a taste for more. I think I'm gonna try for a Ultimate Solo Challenge. I am not quite sure what that is though...do you just beat each generation with the same pokemon? It would be nice if the first post clarified this so newbies like me understand.

Anyway, since I guess I'm supposed to start with BRY or EG/FR, I'm gonna do FR with Growlithe/Arcanine. Unfortunately, I'll have to use a modifier...

Stay tuned for updates!

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I am not quite sure what that is though...do you just beat each generation with the same pokemon? It would be nice if the first post clarified this so newbies like me understand.

An Ultimate Solo is where you do all regions with the same pokemon. Like, you beat all of them with a Growlithe/Arcanine

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
An Ultimate Solo is where you do all regions with the same pokemon. Like, you beat all of them with a Growlithe/Arcanine

ok, thanks, that is what I thought it was...

Now, on to the update.

So right now I am in Vermilion City, just about to get on the S.S. Anne.

My journey so far:

Spoiler:

Stay tuned for more tommorow.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Oh, the joys of NO$GBA and double speed. That combined with no life lets me get halfway through the game in a day. Plus there is very little grinding going on.

A pretty big update. Kinda wish someone else had posted before this, though.

Spoiler:

Arcanine is coming! <3<3<3

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Okay.. I'll do this using Pokémon Yellow..

Pokémon: Venonat/Venomoth

I'll cheat to get it, considering you can't catch a Venonat before 1st Gym.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
I saw someone with a Latias run, so can I have a Mew run on HeartGold? I'll use the level five one on a new game. :)

So:

Name: Ian Watkins
Game: HeartGold
Pokemon: Mew

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2015
I just started a mankey only run on my copy of yellow a couple days ago.Just Beat Surge here are his moves
Dig
Low Kick
Body Slam
Karate Chop

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Man, these solo runs can get really boring at times, especially when every thing is OHKO as they are 20-30 levels below you.

Update:

Spoiler:

Will probably finish this region in a couple days.

BTW, is anyone updating the first post to include current challengers/past champions?

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
Man, these solo runs can get really boring at times, especially when every thing is OHKO as they are 20-30 levels below you.

Update:

Spoiler:

Will probably finish this region in a couple days.

BTW, is anyone updating the first post to include current challengers/past champions?

Seemingly no at the moment mryh hasn't updated the page for quite awhile(around when I finished my second Ultimate solo with Kabutops on page 9?)

USD

I like cats
Years
update time!:
Luxray a.k.a. Asmodian lv 38 @cleanse tag
adamant
tackle
spark
swagger
crunch

my newest update in a while. beat gardenia with bite traveled down the cycling road beated trainers. Skiped wayward cave. got thoruth mt.coronet beated rival in hearthome traveled to veilstone saved at the gym. Continuing today so ill update before i go to sleep

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Done with the Kanto Region!!!

I have to say that it took a lot longer than I expected to do the Sevii Islands, as I needed to train up to faced the post-National Dex Elite Four, which I don't know If I will do again, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Will prolly do it for the Johto region, if only to train Fireheart for Red. Pictures of HOF entries are in the spoiler tags

Spoiler:

I'm gonna start a Ruby monochallenge right now, so this USC will probably be on hold until then. I hope to see myself on the Champion board soon, both with Fireheart and the Kingdra run I had on HeartGold. OP, donde estas?

So you can see me on the monochallenge board until then. I may make some comments here every once in a while, though. :D

Ja ne.

Last edited:

PureGoober

Minecrafter
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
I would like to do an ultimate solo challenge with the games FireRed, Shiny Gold X, and Emerald.

My solo runner will be.. SALAMENCE!
In each game I play, i will make bagon the starter.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
^ You might have some problems with Fire Red (Namely the fact that your Bagon won't be able to evolve until you get the National Pokedex)

Also, sign me up for a Hitmonchan solo on Fire Red, if I decide later I want to do an ultimate challenge I won't have to do Kanto again, right?

Last edited:

Ataraxia

Wanderer
Years
WIN!! I just found that my save for my Ultimate Scizor challenge is still there!!! I CAN CONTINUE!! :D Alright... back to being melted by Drake's Salamence's Flamethrower... xD

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
^ You might have some problems with Fire Red (Namely the fact that your Bagon won't be able to evolve until you get the National Pokedex)

Also, sign me up for a Hitmonchan solo on Fire Red, if I decide later I want to do an ultimate challenge I won't have to do Kanto again, right?

No, you would just have to quote and show you final update I think showing you beat Kanto

Ataraxia

Wanderer
Years
Ok... finally. After around 8-10 E4 runs (all failing at either Drake's Flygon or more frequently his Salamence) I managed to break his wall of flames and completed the game!!

Oh right yeah the Champion... yeah he was slightly tricky but I think my Ruby journey ws over once I bested Drake and his pyromaniacal dragons! :P
Basically, the only thing that was really a challenge after I'd restored Scizor's PP and HP was Skarmory for it's stalling capabilities and Aggron for it's... Thunder. 0.0 Yeah. Paralysis wasn't fun but in the end four Steel Wings ended his little storm.

So yeah. God knows how many months after I started this, I've finally finished the Hoenn region. Now for the most lengthy part... Sinnoh... T.T

Spoiler:

Sinnoh Adventure: Update 1

Nothing special... (despite the title) I may do something a little more detailed next time but it's 20 to 11 (pm) here in England so I'm a bit tired... so without further ado...

- After a small amount of trouble, started the game and picked Piplup as my starter and fixed lag as much as possible
- Got through the intro bit and finally sharked in a Scizor in the route before Jubilife City. (for some reason it had Bullet Punch... Lol... oh well, it helps)
- Thrashed Roy (rival) after getting the poketch, then went through the tunnel of doom (forgot the name)
- Obliterated Roark, obtaining the first badge
- Lot's of running... lot's of lag. Got to Floaroma after a while... Scizor is something like level 20+ at this point
- Did the Valley Windworks side questy thing, Scizor gained a few more levels
- Eventually made it to Eterna, destroyed Gardenia (can't remember whether I faced Roy when I entered Eterna... oh well whatever xD)
- Cynthia showed up... and again after I 'vacated' Team Galactic.
- Got the bike, cycled down cycling road, through Mt Coronet with the help of a repel
- BP'ed some more trainers, Scizor is around 27+ now
- Healed and saved outside the Pokemon Center. :)

Sorry for the lack of detail, as I said I'm tired... :S

Last edited:

rew_s11

ERROR 404
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
- Beat jasmine and pryce

forgot to take screens,sorry -.-

Ratata Lv 46
hyper fang,super fang,dig,shadow ball

Status
Not open for further replies.