• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Personally I don't like Jirachi at all D: It had the potential to be cute but was ruined by those annoying tear marks under its eyes :/ And it's horrible to fight competitively!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Oh no. I may agree with you on the tear marks, but not on the poor competitive performance. I am using a Jirachi right now on my Sand Stream Tyranitar team, and I am telling. It is a beast! I mean, a really high chance to flinch with Iron Head? An almost sure paralyze with Body Slam? Access to Wish and Protect? Jirachi is as good as any OU pokemon out there.

heatran just beats it.

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
Hey there!!! I'd like to joim :)
Starter pokemon Mewtwo without a nickname please :3
Reason: I may refrain from using them while battling or playing ( except for lugia and mewtwo- I just can't toss them aside ;P ) but I really love them!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hey there!!! I'd like to joim :)
Starter pokemon Mewtwo without a nickname please :3
Reason: I may refrain from using them while battling or playing ( except for lugia and mewtwo- I just can't toss them aside ;P ) but I really love them!
Welcome to the club!!!

Let's bring this thing back to life, sorry this club went a week of sleep!

New Topic!:
Should Phione be described as a Legendary Pokemon? Why or why not? Have you ever seen it being used in play?

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years

New Topic!:
Should Phione be described as a Legendary Pokemon? Why or why not? Have you ever seen it being used in play?
I think it should not because it just looks like a normal pokemon and does not have anything special about it. I have not seen it being used in play. Phione is cute but so forgettable.

Huggie

Years
Thanks!!! I thought this club was going to be closed down:P

Phione a legendary?????? Really??? That's teh first time I hear that...no I don't thnk it is a legendary like the others.It is not strong enough and its stats are not high enough. In game I have used it once but it really wasn't something special!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hello! I'll be joining this club. It's fine, right? :)

Name: Rainy Garden of Fire
Partner Pokemon: Zeus the Arceus

So...how about I join the conversation?

I'd say that Phione isn't legendary. It's pretty much because I looked up in a website and it said that it isn't legendary, so I believed that. I don't say that a Pokemon is legendary by its strength or by its appearance. If it's legendary, it's legendary.

And I'll answer questionnaire number 5. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. The same as Raikou, Suicune and Entei. Right?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

I'd say that Phione isn't legendary. It's pretty much because I looked up in a website and it said that it isn't legendary, so I believed that. I don't say that a Pokemon is legendary by its strength or by its appearance. If it's legendary, it's legendary.

And I'll answer questionnaire number 5. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. The same as Raikou, Suicune and Entei. Right?

Hi there RGoF! Why did you say Phione is not a legendary? In my view, it is a legendary, desptie stemming from a legendary Pokemon itself. It is seen by many as a legendary. Besides some websites are fan-made, so yeah. Well, we have our own opinions eh?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Yeah, I think we do have different opinions. Why do you think Phione's a legendary Pokemon, actually? For my opinion on why Phione's NOT a legendary Pokemon...nothing, really. I just read Bulbapedia and there it says that it isn't legendary...and its legendary status has often been disputed (I think that's what the page says). Pokemon (the company) itself said that it isn't legendary (in a game guide), but in a few games, it shares a trait with legendary Pokemon (being banned from the Battle Subway, etc.) But Pokemon.com once said that Phione was legendary, but that was after Pokemon.com said no (they changed the answer). I just believe sources (my source's Bulbapedia). I don't have my own answer.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I'd like to join please!
Name: ShinySearcher
Partner Pokemon: Kathryn the shiny Shaymin-sky form

Hmm, as for the current topic, I think Phione should be legendary because, it can only be obtained if you have the extremely rare Manaphy, which is certainly legendary. Just my thoughts. I don't think I have any referrals, maybe Sector Revenge, but not really.

Personally I don't like Jirachi at all D: It had the potential to be cute but was ruined by those annoying tear marks under its eyes :/ And it's horrible to fight competitively!
BACK OFF, YOU CRAZY PERSON!!!!!!!!! JIRACHI IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I think it should not because it just looks like a normal pokemon and does not have anything special about it. I have not seen it being used in play. Phione is cute but so forgettable.
Its stats is no different than that of Glalie and a tad weaker than Flygon's. So stats-wise it is weakest Legendary Pokemon on the chart.

Thanks!!! I thought this club was going to be closed down:P

Phione a legendary?????? Really??? That's teh first time I hear that...no I don't thnk it is a legendary like the others.It is not strong enough and its stats are not high enough. In game I have used it once but it really wasn't something special!
This club will NEVER shut down :(

lol first time you heard of it? O.o You know what a Legendary Pokemon represent right? lol

You got the correct answer! Congrats! Website that aren't official are mainly opinionated or could be very well false. So you have to be careful on what you read and believe in, Pokemon or not. Welcome to the club!!

Saying Phione isn't Legendary is something you can argue though. For example, Legendary Pokemon are those you cannot catch anywhere and are rare in a breed. Look at all the others. How often can you come across one and faint it and find another in a wild? You don't, that's why you either capture one to control it or you're stuck without one unless starting over (excluding the trade that is.) Manaphy is no different to those of Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin/Victini. With that being said, how do you obtain Phione? Only one way realistic. By Manaphy, with a Ditto. Stats doesn't exactly make one a Legendary Pokemon, it's the rarity and how to obtain one.

As for your recent comment about being banned from the Battle Subway? That, also doesn't matter. There are practically two types of Legendary Pokemon. One that are so powerful in every stats, that it's banned from every lower tiers outside of Uber (Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem) along with the cute yet amazing stats of Mew to Victini. And the second set are those of the Trio ones. (Bird Trio, Beast Trio, Golem Trio, Lake Guardian Trio, Kami/Swordsmen Trio) The Trio ones are not realistically banned from the Battle Subway with a few exception. As weak as Phione is, like I stated before, being weak has nothing to do with a Legendary status, it has something to do with the rarity of it. Personally I don't see this relationship to be any different than the Mew/Mewtwo clones, except with a breeding affect.

I'd like to join please!
Name: ShinySearcher
Partner Pokemon: Kathryn the shiny Shaymin-sky form

Hmm, as for the current topic, I think Phione should be legendary because, it can only be obtained if you have the extremely rare Manaphy, which is certainly legendary. Just my thoughts. I don't think I have any referrals, maybe Sector Revenge, but not really.

BACK OFF, YOU CRAZY PERSON!!!!!!!!! JIRACHI IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Ahh I may have to change the main post soon, I'm going to be getting rid of the points system or adjusting it. xD But Welcome!!

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hi :3 I'm joining
Name: flubbateios (prefer to be called flubb)
Partner Pokemon: X-Ray the Rayquaza

Who would you prefer to use for competitive battling and/or as a pet or a friend? Explain your reasoning- Mewtwo vs Arceus
Mewtwo forever . Faster, hits harder don't mess with it.

Which Legendary Pokemon wouldn't you want to mess with?
Mewtwo again lol. in the anime... it hurts :P

Who would you prefer to use, Groudon vs Kyogre?
Probably Groudon, it's design is so cool, I recently thought of a strategy where I choice scarf Groudon and spam dragon tail :3
Welcome Flubb!

Hmm... I think we need a new topic, I apologize if we've had this before:

Non-legendaries that you believe should be legendary?

Myself, definintely Zoroark/Zorua, IF Phione is not legendary it should be, and probably Volcarona.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hi :3 I'm joining
Name: flubbateios (prefer to be called flubb)
Partner Pokemon: X-Ray the Rayquaza

Who would you prefer to use for competitive battling and/or as a pet or a friend? Explain your reasoning- Mewtwo vs Arceus
Mewtwo forever . Faster, hits harder don't mess with it.

Which Legendary Pokemon wouldn't you want to mess with?
Mewtwo again lol. in the anime... it hurts :P

Who would you prefer to use, Groudon vs Kyogre?
Probably Groudon, it's design is so cool, I recently thought of a strategy where I choice scarf Groudon and spam dragon tail :3
Welcome to the club! Mewtwo was just plain badass in Pokemon the Movie. He was like...'the ruler of the world.'

Welcome Flubb!

Hmm... I think we need a new topic, I apologize if we've had this before:

Myself, definintely Zoroark/Zorua, IF Phione is not legendary it should be, and probably Volcarona.
Topic was never brought up before. It's brand new!!

How can you say Zorua/Zoroark but not about Riolu/Lucario either? :( They both have their own movies, and usually it's about nothing but Legendary Pokemon!!

In all honest, the Non-Legendary Pokemon that I believe should be Legendary Pokemon are these:
138.gif
139.gif

140.gif
141.gif

142.gif

345.gif
346.gif

347.gif
348.gif

564.gif
565.gif

566.gif
567.gif

These Pokemon are fossilize, meaning are suppose to obsolete right? They should have some sort of history of their prior past. It'd make for an interesting storyline and their stats may not prove or match those of real Legendary Pokemon, but neither does Zoroark and Lucario. Also these guys match those cute Legendary Pokemon and I personally, believe that these guys ought to be real Legendary Pokemon rather than Pseudo(Fake) Legendary. I was even thinking at first when creating this club, that these guys should be included within the club because of their Pseudo Legendary status, and it would be really hard to bring up topics just among the 6 Pokemon families:

147.gif
148.gif
149.gif
246.gif
247.gif
248.gif
371.gif
372.gif
373.gif
374.gif
375.gif
376.gif
443f.gif
444.gif
445.gif
633.gif
634.gif
635.gif

AND while we're on the topic, let's also include our opinions if
479.gif
should also be considered as a Legendary Pokemon. Heard many questions about it.

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
This club is dying :(
AND while we're on the topic, let's also include our opinions if
479.gif
should also be considered as a Legendary Pokemon. Heard many questions about it.

OMG YES YES YES how did I miss that xD

I've got a userbar for us, feel free to use it if you want:
userbar13.png

URL: http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w452/HockeyCowboy/userbar13.png

Enjoy! Also, new side-topic: (we're not ready for a full one yet lol)
Legendary Pokemon you think should not be legendary! (other than Phione)
Well, as for myself, all the legendaries are pretty good, I can't think of one really tbh xD

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
nice userbar,SS!!
Lapras - It's one of very few Pokemon (mostly being legendary Pokemon) that can speak via telepathy. Also exceedingly rare, much to the extent of the legendaries.
Absol - Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave, which makes it sound powerful like a legendary.
Rotom - Because it has the same battle music as Giratina and Heatran. :P
Arcanine - Its species is classified as 'Legendary Pokemon' oddly enough.
Lucario, Aerodactyl and Tyranitar

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
This club is dying :(

OMG YES YES YES how did I miss that xD

I've got a userbar for us, feel free to use it if you want:
userbar13.png

URL: http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w452/HockeyCowboy/userbar13.png

Thanks for the userbar! It's been added with the other two! Club isn't dying, it's a little behind on being active lately!

In case for some reason someone reads this and has no idea why I am considering Rotom, how rare and often do you find and capture one in-game? It's rarity is no different than those of the Legendary Pokemon. Find it, capture or faint it once, you'll never find one again in-game. Sound familiar? Not to mention he can change forms, very similar to that of how Deoxys change forms, just different requirements and outcome. Only with a couple extra forms too!
479-fan.gif
479-frost.gif
479-heat.gif
479-mow.gif
479-wash.gif
479.gif

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: PokeFreak201306
Partner Pokemon: Mewtwo

WELCOME! You'll be added shortly!

NEW TOPIC:
What does everyone think about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem? Any disagreement about it? Exciting for the new fusion with the 3 Dragon Trio of Unova?

Personally I really dislike the typing. They should had made it differently from Dragon/Ice. Fire/Ice or Electric/Ice? Well We have an Electric/Ice thanks to one of Rotom's form, but would it be better off having Reshiram or Zekrom's typing instead?

They have mentioned Black/White Kyurem both having their own signature attacks, I remember one being 'Ice Burn' and 'Freeze Shock'. I have a gut feeling they are both Ice type attacks. Or better yet, they should be sort of like Tri-Attack, meaning 'Ice Burn' varies on burn or freezing the opponent, while Black Kyurem's Freeze Shock special move is paralyzing and freezing? What an amazing attack that would be.

How will they cause the fusion? Will they require to hold an item? I probably think they will have to, or better yet go to a location (Like Moss Rock to evolve Leafeon, etc) to have them fused. This is quite interesting. xD

Last edited:

PokeFreak201306

Pokemon Master
Years
WELCOME! You'll be added shortly!

NEW TOPIC:
What does everyone think about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem? Any disagreement about it? Exciting for the new fusion with the 3 Dragon Trio of Unova?

Personally I really dislike the typing. They should had made it differently from Dragon/Ice. Fire/Ice or Electric/Ice? Well We have an Electric/Ice thanks to one of Rotom's form, but would it be better off having Reshiram or Zekrom's typing instead?

They have mentioned Black/White Kyurem both having their own signature attacks, I remember one being 'Ice Burn' and 'Freeze Shock'. I have a gut feeling they are both Ice type attacks. Or better yet, they should be sort of like Tri-Attack, meaning 'Ice Burn' varies on burn or freezing the opponent, while Black Kyurem's Freeze Shock special move is paralyzing and freezing? What an amazing attack that would be.

How will they cause the fusion? Will they require to hold an item? I probably think they will have to, or better yet go to a location (Like Moss Rock to evolve Leafeon, etc) to have them fused. This is quite interesting. xD
I think those such moves would be amazing and the tri attack sort of think would be great i love all legendaries thats why most of them i have are already lvl 100 lol

4) Who's that Pokemon- 'Because it is able to use every move, there are many scientists who believe that it is the ancestor of all Pokemon.'
MEW :)

Last edited:

Huggie

Years
This club will NEVER shut down :(

lol first time you heard of it? O.o You know what a Legendary Pokemon represent right? lol

Of cource I know but...it's just that Phione is so weak...and has nothing special! Anyway I wouldn't mind if it is a legendary after all...Hey wait, why a sad face? You want it to close down?:(

Should be legendary
Rotom --> at first I thought it was a legendary..then I tred to trade a legend for a legend and they told me it's not actually a legendary. I was like "o_O really??!!"
I agree about Lapras...I always have one in my team and it has saved me from many unfortunate events during battles

ABOUT KYUREM
I am quite excited and I really want to use them in battle but there's one thing I cannot understand..Black and white kyurem are actually new pokemon or will they just be combined in any way with zekrom and reshiiram?
Will it be like having two pokemon and poof!! suddenly have just one??? I don't think so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back