• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♥The Cute Pokémon Club!♥ : The Redux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Cute Pokemon: Pichu (Piko), Cynadaquil (Joule)
Why? Because I like the cute ones, my team only consists of 1 fully evolved pokemon, all the rest are cute :D

Haha! Welcome to the club. Speaking of cute fully evolved Pokémon, I think we might want someone to show us some examples.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to the club,Tyler!!!
feel free to answer some ongoing questions!!

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hey, Tyler. Seems like it took you a long enough time to get in here and sign up, huh? Welcome to the club. :3

I have noticed a relative lack of activity in this club compared to the starter club. I wonder what I should do right now?

That said...
Believe it or not, this is going to be our first event suggestion time!

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I didn't know a new cute pokemon club was open

Haha! Chances are, you perhaps haven't heard that the old club was done for, huh? I do hope that the new club will work its way back up to the top.

Do you guys think that cuteness is something objective or subjective? I'd like to hear about stuff regarding this.

Klinklang5

Bowties are Cool
Years
Haha! Chances are, you perhaps haven't heard that the old club was done for, huh? I do hope that the new club will work its way back up to the top.

Do you guys think that cuteness is something objective or subjective? I'd like to hear about stuff regarding this.

It's probably the objective because they might want it to be a bit realistic since most animals in the real world are cute when they are young, thus some pokemon are cute in their basic form.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It's probably the objective because they might want it to be a bit realistic since most animals in the real world are cute when they are young, thus some pokemon are cute in their basic form.

That said, I wonder whether there is an example where cuteness is retained no matter how old?

(I bet that there's at least a dozen of Pokémon that are cute even when fully evolved. Can I get a Flareon?)

By the way, I think I might need a co-owner for the club. :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I think its a bit of both tbh. Cuteness is a general term, it relates to the size of the organism's eyes relative to the head size, relative to the body size. So I think there are some Pokemon which are just inherently cute. That being said however, there are many Pokemon that certain people find cute and others don't; for example Grimer is a Pokemon I find to be exceedingly cute whereas a lot of people would disagree with this point of view. I think really most Pokemon are either cute or not, but based on how people perceive cuteness every Pokemon will be seen as cute by one person or another. It's just a matter of finding that person! here's looking at you Seismitoad

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

I think its a bit of both tbh. Cuteness is a general term, it relates to the size of the organism's eyes relative to the head size, relative to the body size. So I think there are some Pokemon which are just inherently cute. That being said however, there are many Pokemon that certain people find cute and others don't; for example Grimer is a Pokemon I find to be exceedingly cute whereas a lot of people would disagree with this point of view. I think really most Pokemon are either cute or not, but based on how people perceive cuteness every Pokemon will be seen as cute by one person or another. It's just a matter of finding that person! here's looking at you Seismitoad

Heh. Come to think about it, what would be something like TurtwigBuizelZorua be? Would that still be cute?

I think there's something that could be just "cute enough" and be something that is always cute.

Years
Do you think that cuteness is subjective or objective?

Both, in a way. However, I think it is more subjective because even things that I think are super cute and most people agree, I still think that there is at least one person out there who disagrees, thus making it subjective.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I wonder whether people will find Turtwig cute after I show this. (and glum)

Spoiler:

droomph

weeb
Years
Ich will dieser Club teilnehmen.

Hello hello

Name: Droomph
Cute Pokémon: Cyndaquil and Oshawott
Reasons:Cyndaquil - It's cute! I dunno, it just looks like the quiet type, and frankly being little helps it too. Also I think it's cute because it was giradialkia's profile theme once upon a time.

Oshawott - Hikari knows. I know. You all know.
I wonder whether people will find Turtwig cute after I show this. (and glum)

Spoiler:
If you don't mind me asking, how did you color the Turtwig? I know you used some really complicated method but does it all just boil down to basically using some variant of the paint bucket tool?

It's cute ^^ how long did it take you to sketch it and color it?

WHAT DID YOU USE. OMG YOU PROBABLY DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ME SO I SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ASKING -_-" Sigh I'm bored
Maybe. I don't know...

Personally I think it's subjective. Because every Pokémon is cute in their own regards.

For example Grovyle (or any Pokémon for that matter) is not necessarily known as a "cute" Pokémon. But when it gets frustrated, something about that facial expression just...soooo cute <3

And then there's the episodes where something about Oshawott just doesn't make me feel *squeeee* anymore. But then other times omg it's so cute

I don't know where I'm going with this

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It's cute ^^ how long did it take you to sketch it and color it?

WHAT DID YOU USE. OMG YOU PROBABLY DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ME SO I SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ASKING -_-" Sigh I'm bored

Inkscape to draw the vector outlines, exported to a high-resolution PNG image, that is then opened in Paint.NET as a layer, with the colours being on another layer on top of the outline layer, using multiplicative blending to prevent colours from bleeding into the outlines. Yes, a flood fill tool is involved.

droomph

weeb
Years
Inkscape to draw the vector outlines, exported to a high-resolution PNG image, that is then opened in Paint.NET as a layer, with the colours being on another layer on top of the outline layer, using multiplicative blending to prevent colours from bleeding into the outlines. Yes, a flood fill tool is involved.
Spoiler:
Okay. I've fixed my application form:

Name: Droomph
Cute Pokémon: Cyndaquil and Oshawott
Reasons:Cyndaquil - It's cute! I dunno, it just looks like the quiet type, and frankly being little helps it too. Also I think it's cute because it was giradialkia's profile theme once upon a time.

Oshawott - Hikari knows. I know. You all know.

Whoopsh

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Okay. I've fixed my application form:

...? You don't really have to do that. :) It's fine, and ah, welcome to the club. :P Guess I forgot to do the all-important thing first time around. :|

That said, does it feel like we're in some real need for activity right now? We can't exactly recycle old topics until a certain time has passed.

Hmm...

New topic:
What do you think, that is by most definitions not cute in real life, could be cutified as a Pokémon?

droomph

weeb
Years
What do you think, that is by most definitions not cute in real life, could be cutified as a Pokémon?
They've cutified zebras to a certain extent, I bet they could do the same to another similar animal, like the okapi.

But honestly I don't know.

(WHY AM I STILL NOT UP >:|)

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
(WHY AM I STILL NOT UP >:|)

Patience :) The member list is not updated as soon as possible. It'd be a whole lot more work if I did so.

Hmm...

I'm amazed by their ability to make spiders adorable.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
Years
Name: Lozz
Cute Pokémon: Vulpix and Glaceon
Reasons: Vulpix has always been one of my favourites - it's so cute. And with Glaceon, Rednael said it was his favourite eeveelution, so I thought, why not, and went with it! There are so many cute pokemon to chose from, it is very difficult to just pick two!

As for whether cuteness is objective or subjective, I definitely think it is a mixture of both. I think there are some pokemon, like Pikachu and Eevee, that everyone thinks is cute, and some pokemon where cuteness is definitely in the eye of the beholder ha ha. Example - Nica is a big trubbish fan, whereas I really don't see the appeal ha ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back