• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Odd question for a moderator or someone knowledgeable perhaps.

I have a goal of completing my entire Black Pokédex with every single Pokémon from every generation, thus giving me every Pokémon for breeding. I already have all 143 breedable Pokémon registered (or will once I level up the recently traded to me starters) in the Unova region, and have undertaken this new challenge in light of the accomplishment. As a result, someday, I will have every single breedable Pokémon in the game.

When I go to start a Trade Shop someday, do I have to come out and list 20 specific Pokémon for trade? Or would it be sufficient to say I can breed any Pokémon that anyone could want, or provide any Egg move that a bred Pokémon can learn...perhaps list a few samples to start off the store...or do I have to actually have 20 available to be traded at that point before a thread can be started?

I will be trying to carry this into Black 2/White 2 as well since trading can take place back and forth between the originals and sequels. If nothing else, I may keep B/W as my Trade Shop and get some help moving anything not in Unova's sequel over to there. Eventually. :) Maybe I'll just buy White and use a second DS.

If a mod. could answer this Trade Shop thread question, I'd appreciate it. :)

Cyclone

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Trade staff will approve your thread if you kick start your thread with a list of at least 20 unique species of Pokemon. After you type out these 20, you can go ahead and mention that you can breed just about anything else if asked. These 20 species don't necessarily need to be "ready to go" - you can definitely list the species and make the babies on request. The more species you list, the more customers you'll attract. If you list out level, nature, attacks, etc, it also helps customers.

We wouldn't approve a shop if the owner ONLY stated "I can breed any Pokémon that anyone could want." It looks like no effort was put in the shop. It really makes us believe that the owner is trading hacked Pokemon or isn't going to stick around for more than one day.

Hope this helps. :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Trade staff will approve your thread if you kick start your thread with a list of at least 20 unique species of Pokemon. After you type out these 20, you can go ahead and mention that you can breed just about anything else if asked. These 20 species don't necessarily need to be "ready to go" - you can definitely list the species and make the babies on request. The more species you list, the more customers you'll attract. If you list out level, nature, attacks, etc, it also helps customers.

We wouldn't approve a shop if the owner ONLY stated "I can breed any Pokémon that anyone could want." It looks like no effort was put in the shop. It really makes us believe that the owner is trading hacked Pokemon or isn't going to stick around for more than one day.

Hope this helps. :D
Hmm, let's see...here for more than one day, check...have all of the items that guarantee an EV stat passdown, check...no hacking, check...yup, I think that's covered. :) It would be hard for me to pick just 20 to list, as I could literally breed everything once I meet my goal (I'm even getting two Gen. III games to help fill in the gaps including some legendaries, I just have to figure out how to get Jirachi and Deoxys to fully cover the generation, I believe, and already have Mew and Gen. II's Celebi). Since it might make more sense, I would probably instead list everything that's breedable.

That will take a while. LMAO

Cyclone

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I'm offering some free BPs/CPs in my thread if anyone is interested. Need something to do.
Linky in my sig.

Got a hacked Deoxys today. :|
/emocorner

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I'm doing more free BP/CP this weekend guys. ;)

Spoiler:

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
Years
It's been awhile since i have been here :D. Finally starting to make my pokemon comeback! I need to relearn my B/W RNG then ill be back in the game :D. Glad a lot more people can RNG on this site now haha

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
It's been awhile since i have been here :D. Finally starting to make my pokemon comeback! I need to relearn my B/W RNG then ill be back in the game :D. Glad a lot more people can RNG on this site now haha
Welcome back! :D
RNG is spreading like a virus. xD

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
Years
Just when i was about to start my RNG up, i forgot i needed my SID -____-. Anyone care to help me find it? lol

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Masuda Method

Hello,

I am trying out the Masuda Method for the first time and trying to get a shiny pokemon. Now, I know this probably a easy question, but I am unsure of the answer. When going along with the Masuda Method is it safe to save and turn off the game then continue on a later time? Or does that interfere with the process?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hello,

I am trying out the Masuda Method for the first time and trying to get a shiny pokemon. Now, I know this probably a easy question, but I am unsure of the answer. When going along with the Masuda Method is it safe to save and turn off the game then continue on a later time? Or does that interfere with the process?

It's safe to save and turn off the game. I'd rather spread out my hatching rather than do sprees in one sitting anyways, haha. You're relying on luck, so you need lots of patience to hatch that shiny.

If you want to try a more successful method at obtaining shinies, try RNG abuse.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I asked and Mac told me to post this in here, I bred a caterpie for a friend, I had it in the DC with a ditto that had transform and focus punch, that caterpie picked up the focus punch, can some one explain to me how that is possible please??

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
It's...not supposed to be possible. I think your game has a weird sense of humor.

Maybe it's related to the fact that Ditto has a move that it isn't supposed to?

Last edited:

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
It's...not supposed to be possible. I think your game has a weird sense of humor.

Maybe it's related to the fact that Ditto has a move that it isn't supposed to?
Probably this.
How does your Ditto have Focus Punch?
xD

Kenzi

Did I just wake up in Narnia?
Years
That is hilarious. Maybe take it to move deleter and have the move removed.

Years
So I tried starting a thread for a breeding guide, and I was obviously in the wrong section because Wolfare had it closed.

My question is now, does anyone think a thread that contained all my research on breeding and such would be useful.
I ask because I don't really want to waste my time, posting another if it's just going to get closed again.
And It's going to be pretty comprehensive, like I've got a fair amount of information gathered already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back