• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
Sort of. The ID you see has [B said:
NOTHING[/B] to do with the shiny odds. To explain it in a simple way which people won't misunderstand, another ID, a "shiny ID" is drawn at the same time at the beginning of the game when your trainer ID is drawn. It's a random number between 0 and 8191. For each Pokémon you see, another random number is drawn. If the two match, you have a shiny. (This isn't a very accurate description, but it's enough for the statistics. I'm fed up with people not understanding things when I explain it correctly.)

good....finally i understand now, but is there any way to find tou your shiny ID number and the pokemon's random number?

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
I got 2 questions.

1. I'm hunting for shiny Charmander, when you choose the pokeball from professor oak will the picture that shows up be shiny or do I have to hit start to check if its shiny.

2. When you breed with a Ditto, does the other pokemon have to be a female?, because I tried to bred a Male lvl 25 Eevee with a Lvl 25 Ditto and they didn't like each other.

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2007
I'm still searching for shinies. Have I been accepted into the club yet? just wondering...I've been searching alot lately on Emerald, but no luck so far. The Pkm Prodigy how did you get shiny mudkip, marshtomp, and swamperts? I really want those :D

Jirachi Trainer

Training for Skill
Years
Exokriz said:
I got 2 questions.

1. I'm hunting for shiny Charmander, when you choose the pokeball from professor oak will the picture that shows up be shiny or do I have to hit start to check if its shiny.

2. When you breed with a Ditto, does the other pokemon have to be a female?, because I tried to bred a Male lvl 25 Eevee with a Lvl 25 Ditto and they didn't like each other.

1. Not that i know of :) having hunted but not gotten them but if im not mistaken the game tells the box that pops up when you choose your pokemon to show sprite (sprite no.) not to possibly show a shimy pic so it would be best to check the stats every time to be on the safe side :) ... If someone could check this in a rom for me that would be useful XD

2. Not at all :) i learnt that by the good old way of... Trading all the pokemon i caught in colloseum and XD over and breeding them all when i needed thoose pokes :). So it should work like it did with me.

On my thought... Jirachi is probably the HARDEST shiny to get. I think this because of the fact that you have to get to birch get to the bag get the starter beat the pokemon get the dex beat your rival and then save at a poke center...thats a lot of stuff, and for only one jirachi at a time. This normally takes me about 5 minutes when im concentrating XD. Anyways i shall continue the hunt for my shinies... i might hunt something else for a while :P

Jirachi
Trainer

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Mudkippy said:
I'm still searching for shinies. Have I been accepted into the club yet? just wondering...I've been searching alot lately on Emerald, but no luck so far. The Pkm Prodigy how did you get shiny mudkip, marshtomp, and swamperts? I really want those :D

Indeed, you are in ^_^ and as far as i know Tha Pkmn Prodigy got a Mudkip and evolved it..

Exokris said:
I got 2 questions.

You need to check the stat screen/battle with your Rival to see if its shiny, it won't show in the picture that comes up.

It doesn't matter what gender you breed with ditto, it will still produce an egg

(I only repeated the answers because i thought JT's answers weren't as clear as they could have been)

about to begin beating Zubat again, will inform you if a shiny pops up.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
Mudkippy said:

well, all i did was soft reset for it....i decided to do a little SRing for a little before going to bed, and on the 12th time i SRed, i found it!! its just a matter of wanting something bad enough.....if you want something, go for it

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
yeah, charizard does look gutta.....but too many people are hunting for it! just like the shiny absol.....i know four other people that are hunting for it besides me. im the only one hunting for anorith, tho! :cool:

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2007
Tha Pkmn Prodigy said:
well, all i did was soft reset for it....i decided to do a little SRing for a little before going to bed, and on the 12th time i SRed, i found it!! its just a matter of wanting something bad enough.....if you want something, go for it
ok. I'm going to maybe try doing that. Thanks for the info! :) But i just have one more question...do you get the mudkip on emerald or can you get shiny pokemon on ruby, too?

blahblah

Jounin ninja
Years
i want to join. please can i?i promise 2 respect your rules. ill tell u wat shinys i have here they r all:feraligatr of course, skarmory,slugma or somethin, tentacool, rayquaza,mew,and afew other things dont remember

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
Years
Hey everyone hows the hunts going? I have been searching for shiny Dunsparce forever! It's so boring. Anyway, I've also been searching for a copy of Pokemon Box, but nowhere sells them anymore! Don't suggest e-bay; All the copys there are around $100. Is there anywhere I can go to get one?

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
BLEG MY SPAM DAYS ARE OVER , YOU WILL SEE NO MORE SPAM POSTS FROM ME (besides this spam XD ) sheesh .........

ANYWAYS today am having my friend over for a shiny hunt marathon ..... all day hunting....

Exokriz

Delete.
Years
tyranisneasel said:
Hey everyone hows the hunts going? I have been searching for shiny Dunsparce forever! It's so boring. Anyway, I've also been searching for a copy of Pokemon Box, but nowhere sells them anymore! Don't suggest e-bay; All the copys there are around $100. Is there anywhere I can go to get one?

ask you local video game store if they can order one for you.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
took a break from PC to do some hunting.....still no shiny anorith! this is getting beyond aggrevating......hope everyone elses hunts are going well...

Back