• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Character Discussion

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
As Character Discussion & Shipping closes its doors and merges once more into the main PA forum, we are left with a bit of a mess and with the sense that there is something... missing. To fill the void, I introduce to you this!

General Character Discussion

The goal of this thread is to house topics that would die off quickly as their own thread and to promote a more dynamic discussion focusing on characters in the Pokémon anime. What should go in this thread are 'chit-chat'-y topics. For example, "Cilan being scared of Purrloin is funny" would go in here, but "What do you think could have happened to make Cilan so afraid of Purrloin?" could warrant its own thread. With a shorter title, hopefully. Then again, if that sort of speculation ends up in here, that'd be fine too. It's probably best to let the conversation go on normally, as long as it's focused on the anime characters. Shipping discussion is also welcome in this thread. As with the old Debates thread, please do not flame people for shipping. Debates are fine, wars are not.

Thread Rules

- Abide by the general PC rules and the specific PA rules. Basically, use your common sense.
- Keep on topic, both the one at hand and the general one of Pokémon Anime Characters.
- Try to keep episode discussion and speculation in the appropriate threads.
- Cover your plot spoilers for anything the English dub hasn't gotten to yet.

Helpful Links

- Pokémon Anime Forum Guidelines
- Pokémon Anime FAQ & Simple Help
- Episode Index

Let's crack on, then, and begin with something easy. Favourite non-main Unova character and why?
For me right now it's Stephan. Because he's fun and really nice and also awesome~ And he gets along really well with Ash. I like that they can be good friends and still take each other entirely seriously on the battlefield.

Last edited:
Years
My favourite Character is Cameron. Even though he appeared quite short in the sage I really like his strong Pokes as well as his unique character in which he forget's inmportant things

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ooh Cameron's a fun one, yes! I'm glad he's not around all the time though; he'd get tiring fast. xD; Also his design reminds me very very strongly of a character from some other anime that I just can not pinpoint and it's been bothering me since I first saw him aaaa. I miiight be thinking Lan Hikari for some reason but who even knows, man.

Years
Ooh Cameron's a fun one, yes! I'm glad he's not around all the time though; he'd get tiring fast. xD; Also his design reminds me very very strongly of a character from some other anime that I just can not pinpoint and it's been bothering me since I first saw him aaaa. I miiight be thinking Lan Hikari for some reason but who even knows, man.
Well he really is a tough cookie. I think I saw his character design similar to the hero of ongoing Beyblade series

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I was looking at just regular Beyblade, but I guess you're talking about Ginga Hagane from Metal Fight Beyblade or whatever the flip this is?

290px-Ginga_Hagane.png

I can see the resemblance to Cameron there, yeah. Although I wouldn't have known him at all had you not pointed me to him. Cameron still reminds me of someone I can't place at all. It might just be Lan and I'm overthinking it, but I really have no clue haha.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Mmm... I don't think so. There was an option to do that when we had the Chara&Ship forum, but it never was used. Honestly those kinds of things would just take up space. And why bother when you can just hop on over to Bulbapedia anytime?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ehh there's always XY character spec. ^__^ I really really want Cilan to come along oh my god he needs more time to develop ;__; the writers have given him so little compared to Iris. Although, fair's fair, Ash hasn't been getting much for development this season either. :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ah but who? The female protagonist? A gym leader? An anime-only character? The new protagonist is totally a fashionista. How would Ash deal with a high-maintenance girl after being with Iris for a while? Also, she'd probably make a fun coordinator. I hope contests will be back. Or something similarly fun~

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Wait, introduce who? The new protagonist(s)? The new rival? And when would they- maybe a Decolora League or something?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I dunno... maybe they'd appear early, but in what circumstance? Would they just meet Ash randomly and be like a character of the day in Decolora and then end up running into him later in XY? Would they be a somewhat experienced trainer, or just a kid on vacation?

Oh man this reminds me somehow- you know who should have travelled with Ash&co for a few eps? Nonomi. Aaaa she was such a cutie. <3

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
DIE ETERNALLYANNA!

I'd love to see the X/Y female protagonist make an appearance, but that's kind of just from an aesthetic appeal to me.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
They probably wouldnt go down this road, but it would be awesome to see Dawn return and do contests in the new region. Unova lost some of its spice because there werent contests IMO. Lets see maybe ash dawn and a new dude. that would be amazing

Back