• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
i finally discovered !! that carlos' battle music after defeating lance is
from final fantasy 9 - the final boss necron

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'm not sure about that. You already made the game very long because of increased levels (which means you have to train Pokemon a lot more than in original).

Adding a region is a different thing because it's a pure fanwank in a hack which is supposed to be at least A BIT "official looking". I really can't fit a new region into good ole' Kanto & Johto. I don't see that. They don't come together. What will be next? Fakemons? 4Gens?

And, considering that Kanto Pokemon levels are over 70, I wonder what will be the Pokemon levels in that new region. A land full of Lv. 100 Pokemon? Scary...

I still support you and respect your view of remake, but I can't let you go overboard.

Well, unfortunately, this was thought way before the production of the game had started, so it's impossible to make me change my mind.

Spoiler:

Dont worry, I consider fighting wild pokemon at lv100 as a cheat, and you all know what I think about cheat hacks. It'll be more like a place to add a higher challenge to the player, which is what I always look for on any game I play.

I guess we can drop the topic now. If you want to keep trying, let's keep it with PMs (but, as I said, it'll be impossible to make me change my mind ;))

By the way, Kanto's wild pokemon are on level 70? When did that happen? As far as I know, in the original they rarely go up to lv40 (and in the game here it'll be just a bit up, but nothing more than 50) That was one of the things that pissed me from the original, instead of increasing their levels, they kept lowering them till you had to battle a wild Pikachu on level 5 with your level 60/70 pokemon D:

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, I'm so far the only one who had an Elekid in the Egg from the old man, instead of a Pichu. Is the Elekid just a bit more rare or are the odds the same?

In fact... There's a random there, so you can get any of four babies, so if you want to manipulate it a bit, save before getting the egg, and then walk till it hatches, if it's not the one you like, load and try again.

Oh, and dont ask me which pokemon are available, 'cause I dont remember at the moment.

Just to let ya know Zel... it seems a little weird to see the Legendary Dogs in the wild before even getting the third badge. Yeah, I used codes and caught Raikou while everyone else is in their teens XD.

Which route have you spotted it/them?
We have tested it deeply and we haven't found them till the event was executed. Anyone else could confirm to spot them before the Burned Tower event?

It could also be the cheat making bad stuff? I don't know...

When i fought a rocket grunt at slowpoke well, i saw a ?. Afterwards, an ekans lvl. 17 appeared when I battled another rocket grunt.
Does anyone know why this happened?
the game worked perfectly fine before

The "i saw a ?" sounds like a trainer having a MissingNo., which usually means a patching problem. Maybe you should try to patch again on a clean FR(U) rom (maybe get another from a different site, just in case)

Just reporting: The stairs in Fuschia's Pokémon Center are not working. At least here. xD

Oh, I see... Thanks for reporting it!

Since when as the Trainer tower on a small island been there.

Because on Fire Red it was on the Sevii Islands (and now Sevii was replaced for Johto), so I had to move it somewhere within the maps, so I picked that little island (reachable only after Red)

I was thinking the voice of purity was a Chimeco? Or maybe it is a Milotic? Read there descriptions xD.

Dont get confused, the event doesnt have anything to do with its Pokedex description.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
Years
I really wish people wouldn't post game errors when they have been using cheats. T_T

I agree, anything is possible with cheats, so it isnt a game error, its an error caused by cheating. On the topic of cheating, is there any real point to it? Im pretty sure I wouldnt of liked Pokemon if everything was possible, whats the fun in cheating unless you've already played it fair and square and just intend on finding hidden content?

But I need a little help guys, im currently on my 7th badge ready to fight the last gym, any one know of a good place to train? Considering im playing X, I NEED to train heh.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Dont get confused, the event doesnt have anything to do with its Pokedex description.

Well, thanks, Zel. I've already tried Altaria, without sucess.
And thank's for the Trick House challenges. It took me twenty minutes to find the code in the whirlpool challenge.
Finally there's something tricky in Trick House. I just love it.
I have one question about the legendary beasts-which-are-supposed-to-be-dogs: Do they 'play' with us like in the original version, or they just randomly appear or not?

darkvoider

Director of Voider BP
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2008
From What ive seen

From what ive seen on Youtube from Zels testing's That they do not play with us but it plays out to be a event. Like you step into a route but u see the Phyical from the your dog. So you just gotta walk up to your dog and press what ever your A is assigned to. Jirachi Still got me im starting to give up.

Oh well when Shiny Gold is finished im going to write up Super Walkthough consisting of everything but how to get Jirachi if i ever find out.

Also why are my posts in this thread dissappearing was it because i guessed Jirachis location but can't be stuffed looking

~Avversione~

Signature Tag Maker
Years
Which route have you spotted it/them?
We have tested it deeply and we haven't found them till the event was executed. Anyone else could confirm to spot them before the Burned Tower event?

It could also be the cheat making bad stuff? I don't know...

It was an Easy Catch cheat which I used after I saw Raikou. Funny thing is that I haven't seen one other dog yet XD. Anyway, this is what happened and stuff I had.

2 badges, (1st and 2nd). No cheats used ever, I was just exiting Ilex Forest to go to Goldenrod, when I watched the Youtube video about the Legendary Dogs. I went to Route 34 (via the from Ilex) and I saw Raikou's sprite. So I saved and caught it. Hope this helped. (Sorry if it didn't)

And that is the only cheat I used. Which as I said I turned on after seeing Raikou, so people to the people whining about cheaters - don't jump to conclusions, some of us know how and when to use cheats.

Last edited:

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
Zel..., question here about Ho-oh.

I've mentioned this already in the Help thread;
A few people manage to obtain the Sacred Ash from Ho-oh after capturing it, while other people are getting nothing. How come?

Oh, and another, strange thing:

Immediately after I caught Ho-oh, I found a Master Ball. It just came out of nowhere... Went told me this isn't a normal event, so I tried to achieve the same thing again ('cause I saved the game at another slot right before Ho-oh, thanks to the VisualBoy). I came to the conclusion that it even works when you Run away from battle.

Here you can see the screen where Ho-oh will disappear afterwards.
Notice this is right before it flashes black (or actually while it flashes black) and where you'll be standing on the rooftop.
You won't be able to see the full text though, like: "Obtained a Master Ball".

hoohglitchlx1.jpg

Strange huh?
Is it some kind of glitch? 0_o

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023

A few people manage to obtain the Sacred Ash from Ho-oh after capturing it, while other people are getting nothing. How come?

Immediately after I caught Ho-oh, I found a Master Ball. It just came out of nowhere... Went told me this isn't a normal event, so I tried to achieve the same thing again ('cause I saved the game at another slot right before Ho-oh, thanks to the VisualBoy). I came to the conclusion that it even works when you Run away from battle.

Notice this is right before it flashes black (or actually while it flashes black) and where you'll be standing on the rooftop.

Strange huh?

So that's how I got that Master Ball!
I haven't got Sacred Ash neither.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
thanx itman 1234 and zel for your help!:)
yeah, since pokemon shiny gold is such a great game, i really didn't want to start over (especialy since i just played beta 4), but hey
anyway, i really liked the phone booths (more realistic) and the new grapihics (nice grass!)

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
I love this hack! It's really great. Just like the original but better. But I have a question. I can't save it for some odd reason, it says something a bout a 1m circuit. Anyways it's not an issue now since im using the save states but it'll be an issue when I reach the E4

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I love this hack! It's really great. Just like the original but better. But I have a question. I can't save it for some odd reason, it says something a bout a 1m circuit. Anyways it's not an issue now since im using the save states but it'll be an issue when I reach the E4

Go to emulater, save type, and select 128k

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Go to emulater, save type, and select 128k

unfortunately he has to restart now though.
You have to delete any save files that you have already done, and then go to emulator >> Save type >> Click Automatic >> Click Flash 128k.
Then start a new game and it should work, but check the first page next time, it mentions all saves and problems that might occur..

I have a question, in IceFall cave, when you go up the waterfall there is nothing there, but in A-Map there is a person there with an event, when does this event happen?
I don't want to know what happens, but when in the game xD.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
But I need a little help guys, im currently on my 7th badge ready to fight the last gym, any one know of a good place to train? Considering im playing X, I NEED to train heh.

In my opinion, the best training you can get from the rematchs with the registered trainers, since they level up their pokemon, they should be somewhere close to yours, which will give a good boost to their experience.
Other than that, I'm not quite sure. I'm not so used to train, really :P

nice hack zel, great music, what other music tracks will we be hearing in future?

That'll depend on the people helping me with music (Magnius, currently, I haven't seen birthofdna since a while)

I have one question about the legendary beasts-which-are-supposed-to-be-dogs: Do they 'play' with us like in the original version, or they just randomly appear or not?

I'm gonna let a bit more of info about the idea of the whole event. Maybe you'll understand it a bit more.

Each time you reach a new map (city, town or route), a series of randoms take place, this randoms decide (if you haven't defeated/captured the beast) if the beast's sprite will be placed or not, and if it'll run or not, and in case it runs, if it'll give you an item or not. Since it involves a series of randoms, it's pretty hard to actually reach the desirable "battle" against the beast.

In the end, it's just that. Lucky based stuff. Once the series of random have decided, the level script ends and wont get executed again (you can execute any other maps' level scripts, which will enable the one currently disabled in a wicked enabling/disabling game which is something Nintendo must have done or something...)

So, for short: They dont play with us, it's a randomly generated event.

It was an Easy Catch cheat which I used after I saw Raikou. Funny thing is that I haven't seen one other dog yet XD. Anyway, this is what happened and stuff I had.

2 badges, (1st and 2nd). No cheats used ever, I was just exiting Ilex Forest to go to Goldenrod, when I watched the Youtube video about the Legendary Dogs. I went to Route 34 (via the from Ilex) and I saw Raikou's sprite. So I saved and caught it. Hope this helped. (Sorry if it didn't)

And that is the only cheat I used. Which as I said I turned on after seeing Raikou, so people to the people whining about cheaters - don't jump to conclusions, some of us know how and when to use cheats.

So, maybe there's something wrong at R34. Hmmm... I'll try to check the scripts and sprites there, but I never found a problem there (I had one at another route, but that was fixed)
We'll investigate.

hoohglitchlx1.jpg

Strange huh?

Well, as most events that execute a warp event (you warp to make Ho-oh's sprite disappear), they apparently have the annoying tendency to mess up stuff (this was one of the causes of the "Shiny glitch" in B4), I used to think that it was related to the player pressing buttons too fast during the warping's fade out secuence (so, you can try avoiding pressing anything and see if the problem still happens)

There are a lot of warp secuences throughout the game, and I'm pretty sure some/most/all of them could generate problematic situations. There's not much I can do on that, but I'll try to research if there's a way to fix that (as warping is a necessity), because, perhaps I'm doing something wrong (it'd be a pain to fix everything, but, if it is to avoid future problems, I'd do it)

In any case, the Sacred Ash is supposed to be held by Ho-oh, it's not like you find this item. So, the only way to get it is by capturing Ho-oh. If you captured it, and it didn't included it, then we are talking about a glitch.

I have a question, in IceFall cave, when you go up the waterfall there is nothing there, but in A-Map there is a person there with an event, when does this event happen?
I don't want to know what happens, but when in the game xD.

Yes, there's an unseen event there, but it's just that I'm reserving a sprite for stuff that can/will happen later in the game. That's all I was allowed to say...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Man these pesky glitches really do the oddest of things. I remember when I was testing a script of mine, I had a ? appear with my Pokemon that was holding 99x Lava Cookies. The script was only a follow me script, but I had it go through two different maps, and somehow it screwed up everything. ( Once you took the Lava Cookies, the game froze )

I've completely finished Shiny Gold now. I've gone through everything that I know is there, and nothing else is happening. I still have to catch Entei though.

Zel, I have to say Bravo for everything. Waiting for Beta 6 :D

How can I evolve my haunter?
You have to trade between two VBA's. Google it.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Man these pesky glitches really do the oddest of things. I remember when I was testing a script of mine, I had a ? appear with my Pokemon that was holding 99x Lava Cookies. The script was only a follow me script, but I had it go through two different maps, and somehow it screwed up everything. ( Once you took the Lava Cookies, the game froze )

I've completely finished Shiny Gold now. I've gone through everything that I know is there, and nothing else is happening. I still have to catch Entei though.

Zel, I have to say Bravo for everything. Waiting for Beta 6 :D

Yes, it is true glitches do happen when making scripts, but everybody learns that. Hope in Beta 6 there'll be no glitches, but what's a game without glitches, huh?

Unrelated to that: My 150th post!

Back