• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
If you're talking about Arceus, Deerling/Sawsbuck, Genesect, Giratina or Shaymin, then that's not a bug. They have scripts which automatically determine their forms (getForm), which can't be overridden. The wiki says this, if you care to read it.

Oh!, sorry about that. I did not know.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
help

ok ive run into a problem i got a trainer set up with shadow pokemon but when i catch them off him he wont switch to the next pokemon so what do i do

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
The battle factory throws this error as soon as it gets to the time for preparing the rentals

Code:
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 1, map 30 (Battle Factory):
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbPrepareRentals' for nil:NilClass
***Full script:
pbBattleChallenge.extra.pbPrepareRentals

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1599:in `eval'
Interpreter:1599:in `command_355'
Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'

how do I fix this

The code is
Code:

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
The battle factory throws this error as soon as it gets to the time for preparing the rentals

Code:
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 1, map 30 (Battle Factory):
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbPrepareRentals' for nil:NilClass
***Full script:

Interpreter:1599:in `eval'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'

how do I fix this

The code is
Code:

It never worked to begin with, its a known issue though.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
It never worked to begin with, its a known issue though.

I got past the error everyone gets and found out the method used to determine the rentals
Code:
pbBattleFactoryPokemon
causes the game up hang up and it will emergency save

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
def pbDrawTextPositions comments are wrong! The right is:
Code:
#  4 - Base color.
#  5 - Shadow color.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
So I found out that in playtest as well as regular game play modes, I get this problem on my tileset:
iaza13461695108200.png

It's only certain tiles on the third layer, any idea why it happens?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Shaymin form is wrong. You need to use Gracidea to activates the sky form rather than having it in bag.

So I found out that in playtest as well as regular game play modes, I get this problem on my tileset:
iaza13461695108200.png

It's only certain tiles on the third layer, any idea why it happens?
Are you using the Custom perspective? If you are, them is probably about tileset priority.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Shaymin form is wrong. You need to use Gracidea to activates the sky form rather than having it in bag.

Are you using the Custom perspective? If you are, them is probably about tileset priority.
That sums it up, I recommend making houses, and trees the highest possible tile set priority, or setting trees to a priority of 4, and make houses 5 (max).

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Do you use it on the Pokémon, or just use it like the Coin Case and all appropriate Shaymin will change? I presume you can use it on multiple Shaymin at once.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
Iron Fist seems to not work. As in, it stops punching moves from working altogether.

To be sure it wasn't my game, I downloaded the newest version, added a Hitmonchan with Iron Fist to my team, used Sky Uppercut, and nothing happened. No damage, no miss, nothing.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Iron Fist seems to not work. As in, it stops punching moves from working altogether.

To be sure it wasn't my game, I downloaded the newest version, added a Hitmonchan with Iron Fist to my team, used Sky Uppercut, and nothing happened. No damage, no miss, nothing.

The same thing happens.

Will mistake be here?:
if isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:IRONFIST) &&
(thismove.flags&0x200)!=0 # flag j: Is punching move
basedmg=(basedmg*1.2).floor
end

Maruno

Years
The same thing happens.

Will mistake be here?:
Code:
    if isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:IRONFIST) &&
       ([COLOR=Red]thismove.[/COLOR]flags&0x200)!=0 # flag j: Is punching move
      basedmg=(basedmg*1.2).floor
    end
Yes. The red part should be an @ instead.

Years
  • Age 30
  • U.S.
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
I'm not sure if this is a bug... I'm new to using Pokemon Essentials, but I find that in the Outdoor tileset, towards the bottom the buildings and other graphics get mushed together, making it impossible to get a full building. When I tried to use an un-broken building the only graphic that appeared was a single square with a dot of color and a white background.
If I'm doing something wrong could someone let me know, please? Thanks!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Do you use it on the Pokémon, or just use it like the Coin Case and all appropriate Shaymin will change? I presume you can use it on multiple Shaymin at once.
You use it on the Pokémon. I checked in a video. There is also a short gracidea animation.

I'm not sure if this is a bug... I'm new to using Pokemon Essentials, but I find that in the Outdoor tileset, towards the bottom the buildings and other graphics get mushed together, making it impossible to get a full building. When I tried to use an un-broken building the only graphic that appeared was a single square with a dot of color and a white background.
If I'm doing something wrong could someone let me know, please? Thanks!
It is a RPG Maker XP question. You need to use different layers (F5/F6/F7).

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
You use it on the Pokémon. I checked in a video. There is also a short gracidea animation.
Okay. The Gracidea now works in the following way:

It has no effect if used at night, or on a Pokémon which isn't a Shaymin Land Forme, or on a fainted or frozen Pokémon. The Shaymin's Forme changes (without an animation). Skymin reverts back when it becomes night, or when the Skymin becomes frozen or fainted. A Shaymin will never automatically turn back into a Skymin, so the Gracidea must be used on it again.

Narodin

Pokémon Agate Version
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
I'm having problems whenever I exit the Pokemon Center in my game. I copied the format from the essentials map, and changed the location to correspond with my map. So I'm not sure what could be going wrong, if this is even a bug or just me being horribly inexperienced.

Anyways I get this message whenever I exit the Pokemon Center.

Spoiler:

When I exit it, the animation works fine, and everything seems to be fine, but then my character doesn't show up and the game crashes. I'm sure it's something simple, but if you could help me out that would be great!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I'm having problems whenever I exit the Pokemon Center in my game. I copied the format from the essentials map, and changed the location to correspond with my map. So I'm not sure what could be going wrong, if this is even a bug or just me being horribly inexperienced.

Anyways I get this message whenever I exit the Pokemon Center.

Spoiler:

When I exit it, the animation works fine, and everything seems to be fine, but then my character doesn't show up and the game crashes. I'm sure it's something simple, but if you could help me out that would be great!

I've seen multiple replies on this being about movements...

You may have a character movement, being blocked... Check your events.

If this isn't the problem then I don't know what is.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I had an error like that as well. Although I don't know why, or how to fix it, I got around it just by changing the location that the player is teleported to. Strange, though.

Edit: Also strange. I only just now updated to v9, and tried it. Whenever I run in-game, the player sprite does not change to boy_run, but boy_surf instead
Haven't checked if girl character is the same way, that save file is on my other computer
But
Am I the only one this is happening to?

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
Edit: Also strange. I only just now updated to v9, and tried it. Whenever I run in-game, the player sprite does not change to boy_run, but boy_surf instead
Haven't checked if girl character is the same way, that save file is on my other computer
But
Am I the only one this is happening to?
You've used your old metadata.txt (which means this isn't a question about the unmodified version, ahem), which still has a blank entry in the PlayerA lines. I removed that entry in v9. Simple solution: delete one comma of the double commas in each PlayerA line, and recompile.

Back