• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Treasures Inbound!

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
For the Radiant Collection subset I'm hoping what they mean is that they're keeping the foil pattern used in the Japanese Shiny Collection. That foil pattern covers the whole freaking card and if you look at it in the right lighting it'll even form a rainbow like in my pics here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7621769&postcount=368

As for the special coating, I have no idea what they mean by that, though I haven't physically touched any of the Shiny Collection cards I own with my own hands yet.

Chandelure EX is an interesting proposition, since they've never done evolved Pokemon as a Pokemon EX before.

yes they did back in the base set they had pokemon ex that evolved

Years
yes they did back in the base set they had pokemon ex that evolved

Two things: 1) An EX Pokemon and an ex Pokemon are considered two different types of card. An EX can only be a basic while an ex could be any stage. 2) Neither EX Pokemon nor ex Pokemon were in the Base Set. ex Pokemon didn't debut until EX: Ruby & Sapphire, while EX Pokemon didn't debut until Black & White: Next Destinies.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
I finally got back from the prerelease. I'm not exactly pleased with how bleh the Shiny Collection was. But besides that, it was actually pretty great. I just really love the art in this set.

Here's a post from my tumblr with some pictures of some things I got.
http://commander-moosen.tumblr.com/post/65286294636

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
'FUS ROH DIE', nice. I'm impressed with some of the pulls you got, what's nestled between the Rayquaza and Virizion? It looks like a Hydreigon or Garchomp or something which is pretty cool but I'm not seeing much I'll need from these packs haha. I'm swooning over the Torandus EX though, it's just a shame they had to ruin it with that dumb 'LEGENDARY TREASURES' logo. :(

Years
I finally got back from the prerelease. I'm not exactly pleased with how bleh the Shiny Collection was. But besides that, it was actually pretty great. I just really love the art in this set.

Here's a post from my tumblr with some pictures of some things I got.
http://commander-moosen.tumblr.com/post/65286294636

I think that matte foil you described in your Tumblr post is actually what they were going for with the foil for the Shiny Collection, since it's so different from what they normally do with their foils. I'm not sure how the card stock compares to the Japanese prints yet as I've not been to a prerelease yet. Still far and away the shiniest (sub)set of Pokemon cards I've seen officially released in English because under the right lighting the whole card is filled with the foil stars.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
'FUS ROH DIE', nice. I'm impressed with some of the pulls you got, what's nestled between the Rayquaza and Virizion? It looks like a Hydreigon or Garchomp or something which is pretty cool but I'm not seeing much I'll need from these packs haha. I'm swooning over the Torandus EX though, it's just a shame they had to ruin it with that dumb 'LEGENDARY TREASURES' logo. :(

Both a Hydreigon and a Garchonp, actually! I pulled one from the regular tournament and one in the booster draft. The Tornadus is so gorgeous! It's not super glossy like the standard EXs are, it's kinda matte like. I kept asking people if they would trade theirs and I wound up with 4 at the end of the day.

I think that matte foil you described in your Tumblr post is actually what they were going for with the foil for the Shiny Collection, since it's so different from what they normally do with their foils. I'm not sure how the card stock compares to the Japanese prints yet as I've not been to a prerelease yet. Still far and away the shiniest (sub)set of Pokemon cards I've seen officially released in English because under the right lighting the whole card is filled with the foil stars.

Yeah, I only noticed the stars when I got home. There's not a whole lot of shine and color to the foil that they used. I don't know, I just don't think that some of the cards lived up to my expectations. Or, that I just had ridiculous expectations to begin with. xD

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
I'm hoping to go to a second one next weekend. If I had money last Saturday, I would have done the second one then. Interesting set!

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
I'm really tempted to go to another prerelease that's not too far away. I'm really liking the odds in this set. Out of the nine booster boxes opened at the prerelease I went to, there were six gold cards pulled, three of each I believe.

If money allows it, I'll probably go!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Omg the booster boxes we opened were so stacked. like 6 or 7 mews + a bunch of meloetta and stuff came in 2 boxes. Everyone got like 2-4 exs from their six packs. I unfortunately got the worst pulls at the event. I only got 1 Reshiram FA Outrager, 1 Reshiram Ex, and 1 Black Kyurem Ex Freeze Shock. In my first pre release draft. But i still happen to get 6th place out of like 20ish. went 2-2 with 1 Toxicroak and 3 outragers as my only strategy.

My second pulls were even worse. I only got Meloetta Ex on my second set of 6.

The guy next to me pulled the Golden Reshiram and FA Mew Ex from one pack. Its crazy. lol.

I am totally buying a box when its realeased, the packs are just so stacked.

The Radiant Collection itself is worth it.

Years
I am so going to a prerelease this weekend. Your guy's pulls have convinced me to. And then I'll buy a booster box.

Yeah, I only noticed the stars when I got home. There's not a whole lot of shine and color to the foil that they used. I don't know, I just don't think that some of the cards lived up to my expectations. Or, that I just had ridiculous expectations to begin with. xD

The set name is probably very misleading. Using Shiny and Radiant probably led to you expecting them to be blindingly bright! :P

Still the stars covering the whole card makes up for the initial lacking of luster they have at first glance.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
Years
  • Age 34
  • NY
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
The guy next to me pulled the Golden Reshiram and FA Mew Ex from one pack. Its crazy. lol.

I am totally buying a box when its realeased, the packs are just so stacked.

The Radiant Collection itself is worth it.

The second pack that I opened, I pulled Black Kyurem EX and a full art Meloetta EX. I was totally no expecting two EXs in one pack! I've already got my booster box on preorder!

The set name is probably very misleading. Using Shiny and Radiant probably led to you expecting them to be blindingly bright! :P

Still the stars covering the whole card makes up for the initial lacking of luster they have at first glance.

Pretty much! xD I still want all of them though!

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
best ive ever got is a ex and ace spec in the same pack by the way tomorrow is holoweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnn

Back