• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Marlo

Missing Person
Years
I usually always pick fire, so Torchic for me. I haven't had the opportunity to play FireRed yet, but I'd definitely pick Charmander.

Reason is, I haven't been able to play my GBA games for a long time till just recently. I have both Ruby and Sapphire now, but stores don't like carrying old GBA games anymore, so it's going to be a little tough finding myself FireRed.

I would paint an entire building for it though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
i chose charmander and treecko they were my favs. Then i tried bulbasaur and mudkip they turned out real nice. so i ended up trying all three starters in all three games and they all went nice with me , I always thuoght of a team for all.

but of course charmander and treecko will always be my favorites :)

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Pingouin_7

Though... I like Feraligatr and Sceptile a lot, so sometimes I pick these instead of Typhlosion and Blaziken.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
In FireRed I choose Charmander since It's my favorite Pokemon back then.... :)

In Ruby I chose Treecko, Damn he really looks cool in the Anime! :)

And in Emerald I chose Mudkip so I can easily beat the Gyms.... :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Treecko is way too overrated by you guys :\ I chose it once, and it was really baaad... I'd always choose Torchic in Gen III.
In Gen I, I'd either choose Squirtle or Charmander. Bulbasaur is great, too, but I don't really like it that much, so yeah...

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
Years
Mudkip, and than on my 2nd play through of sapphire I chose Treeko. On Firered I chose Squirtle, he is now a level 100 blastoise, and Ive had him since childhood, transferring him across every new pokemon game that comes out. His name is Sqwert, since I could not spell that well when I got the game around the age of six or seven. On my leaf green I chose charmander.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
If I remember correctly (the first time I played Sapphire and LeafGreen were nine and eight years ago, respectively), I chose Torchic and Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur was probably the best starter in FR/LG for me since it blitzed through the first two gyms. I chose Torchic because it was cute. XD

Danny Leo

The Best There Is!
Years
I chose Torchic during my first run of Ruby. And when I got my hands on Leaf Green, I chose Squirtle ^_^

Honest

Hi!
Years
Torchic and Squirtle, respectively. Normally, I'm a fire type mogul, but Firered (ironically) was my first ever Pokemon game, and I always though Blastoise was a badass. So I picked the turtle over the salamander. =P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm a sucker for Fire types, so naturally, when I started Emerald, Cyndaquil was my selection. Doesn't help me much in the water, but there seems to be an abundance of Grass types to deal with them and few Fire types by comparison, so I cover that base immediately.

This means I will likely choose Charmander in Fire Red. However, as I now want to push a Shiny Nincada to Generation V as soon as possible, I have to try to complete at least SoulSilver and Emerald right now, and I'm hoping to get it cloned at that point. I can hope. :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
I choose Mudkip and charmander. Charmander has always been a favorite of mine and Mudkip is a perfect pokemon to start with in R/S/E

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Bulbasaur, I just felt as if that Pokemon was epic. And Torchic, for my Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire. :D

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
FireRed: Charmander.
Not surprising coming from a Charitard...
Emerald: Mudkip
Swampert is awesome! He didn't get enough love in the anime...

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I always pick Mudkip in RSE and Charmander in FRLG. At times I pick Torchic and Squirtle in RSE and FRLG respectively but I already set Mudkip and Charmander up as defaults.

Back