• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
On occasion, I do have my friends dynamic mic to record my stack into, but other than that nothing.

Here's a quick tone test I recorded a while ago. The tune is Periphery - Icarus Lives. http://picosong.com/nCTP/

If you got a couple hund to drop then you should get the M-Audio interface. It's got inputs for musical instruments including microphone and connects to your computer with USB. But your computer has to be fast enough to run it. It will record your music in amazing quality. It's what I use and I'm a rapper. I use my homies studio as of now cuz I don't got a pre amp and my mic broke lol (stupid dog). I got monitors and everything so yea.

Here's a song I got recorded a couple months ago. It's my true beliefs on the crap we call music now. Especially when it comes to rap music.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=57510825698334995434

Bounce

Blue eyes :3
Years
If you got a couple hund to drop then you should get the M-Audio interface. It's got inputs for musical instruments including microphone and connects to your computer with USB. But your computer has to be fast enough to run it. It will record your music in amazing quality. It's what I use and I'm a rapper. I use my homies studio as of now cuz I don't got a pre amp and my mic broke lol (stupid dog). I got monitors and everything so yea.

Here's a song I got recorded a couple months ago. It's my true beliefs on the crap we call music now. Especially when it comes to rap music.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=57510825698334995434

Awesome, I'm broke right now, and I'm downloading that link as we speak. I had another guitar cover that I wanted to upload but it breaks Picosong's 10MB limit, so I'll have to upload it on an alternate website. For now here is my vocal cover of Volumes - Intake, http://picosong.com/nCaP/

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
It's definitely worth the money. That's if you have a mic that's not USB. Mine was run by phantom so it was higher quality, but dropped a couple hund on it. If you don't have a proper mic then you'd need to drop another couple hund. Recording in good quality ain't free, it can get pretty pricey. A pre amp costs a couple grand for a good one so yea lol.

I've dropped about $1600 if not more so far on a studio and it's not complete yet. I still need a couple more things. My monitors/speakers costed $200 for one and I have 2. But I'm a rapper as I said so I need more equipment. You can get by without a pre amp, unless you create beats and know how to run pro tools and FL Studio lol. That's why a rap studio can get ridiculously pricey.

Bounce

Blue eyes :3
Years
It's definitely worth the money. That's if you have a mic that's not USB. Mine was run by phantom so it was higher quality, but dropped a couple hund on it. If you don't have a proper mic then you'd need to drop another couple hund. Recording in good quality ain't free, it can get pretty pricey. A pre amp costs a couple grand for a good one so yea lol.

I've dropped about $1600 if not more so far on a studio and it's not complete yet. I still need a couple more things. My monitors/speakers costed $200 for one and I have 2. But I'm a rapper as I said so I need more equipment. You can get by without a pre amp, unless you create beats and know how to run pro tools and FL Studio lol. That's why a rap studio can get ridiculously pricey.

Yeah, I know how to run Pro Tools, FL Studio, Mixcraft, etc. I really am looking into buying something like an Axe-FX for my guitar & bass, but it's very expensive.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Yea anything musically affiliated when it comes to equipment will be expensive. You can get cheaper or should I say knock offs but you get what you pay for. I could buy a pre amp for $500 but I wont be satisfied. The one I was costs $3000 and I got bills and all that crap so it's gonna be very very difficult. Not to mention my studio isn't acoustically set up yet so I need to do that, will help with the vibrations from other objects. I have blankets and other stuff on the walls now to absorb the sounds a little but still not to my standards.

EvilSkittles

Lord of the kitchen
Years
Well I can't collaborate anymore, I don't have access to my friend's recording equipment and I have no job to pay for all of this.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Hey look at this I've got time to do a quick post! Hows about that.
Firstly a new topic:
Have you done anything musically related lately? If so what?
For example have you played a gig? Had a music grading test? something like that.

On the subject of a home studio, I personally don't really see the point in investing so much money into one, unless you plan to record high quality music at your own home and do all the mixing and stuff yourself. I think its just as easy and cost effective to hire out a studio room for a few hours when you have what you want to record down but hey, I dont want to record studio level music so I dont really completely understand.

Last order of business will be An emblem! Apparently we can have one so I was wondering if you guys would like to create it, as I assume someone who be better with graphics and such than I or if I should. I'd also like your opinion on what it should look like soooo gogogogog!

(p.s. Everyone who has posted covers/links to their music will be able to find that they are now in the first post.)

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Okay... Sorry, long time no post. My life has become incredibly busy in the last year - or more busy than it ever has been for me, anyway. That very much includes musically. =)

Done anything musically related? I don't know what exactly you mean by that question, but this semester I have taken both orchestra and band. Early in the year I got to go on an orchestra trip way out of state and got to play in a gorgeous concert hall. It was amazing.

Now I'm learning a concerto. Not to play in orchestra, but for juries. Which are important.

Years
Hey guys, I'm looking to get myself a portable digital piano - Any recommendations? Been looking at Casio, Kawai and Yamada. The main things that it needs to have are the full 88 keys, be easily portable and have all three pedals.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Username: Midnight-Umbreon

Instrument(s) played: Singer, and a beginner at autistic guitar and drums

Are you willing to collaborate with other members: not really, cuase im not that good

respirrave

Bidoof Booty
Years
Ah, hello again, everyone! I've really neglected to post (or even log onto PC) since I moved back to North Carolina!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I've actually been working on some new material! I've out of it, but I'm not working on some songs. I recorded a song called "Not There" that speaks about my struggle with my self image. You can listen to it here!

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Answering the topic question-
Not really, but I have written four songs in study hall in the past week or so. Three are about not conforming, and ones about nostalgia. One of thems really weird actually...
Not sure if it counts, but there you have it.

Years
Looks like I'm late to the party. Oh well, never to late I suppose.

qUsername: Krazzikk
Instruments played: trombone & piano
Are you willing to collab with other members: possibly...

Have you done anything musically related lately: nothing too special. I did participate in my school's honor band last school year where we had 24 hours to learn a song and play with an ensemble in which 1-3 students are chosen from I each school in the county, and I've also started seriously taking up notation and have almost finished my first song.

Years
Hullo! Fellow musician here!
My name is vEzekiaLv.

I play piano and I sing. I am apart of a professional children's choir (where I sing--professionally, as it were--for choirs ranging from elementary to high-school ((mostly high-school level)).

As far as collaboration: I am willing, and able to sing very good harmony (for what my opinion is, anyway).

Years
Heyy! BlahISuck here, or BIS..

I played piano and saxophone, but I'd like to learn to sing.

Is there a usb microphone anybody would recommend? Preferably under $100.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Well answering the topic question I've finished high school this year and am looking at a french horn to get to continue into college. I would like to continue french horn because of the scholarships and I really like playing it. It might be the devil reincarnated into metal, but at least it's my devil reincarnated into metal.

Back