• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ghosts 'n' Ghouls!

Favorite ghost?

• Cofagrigus

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Chandelure

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Golurk

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Jellicent

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
563.gif

609.gif
6219A.png
623.gif

593.gif

This sinister showdown comes to you from beyond the grave! Which ghost added in Gen 5 is YOUR favorite?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Chandelure. It's a Ghost/Fire, soul sucking chandelier. That's cool stuff right there.

Years
I'm torn between these two:

609.gif
563.gif

They're both awesome though Cofagrigus is the eerier of the two but ultimately I went with Chandelure because of its usefulness in the game. Crazy high special attack pretty much guarantees a victory (unless you're battling competitively, of course). Though a possessed ghost sarcophagus sure is temping. Love both!

Years
I really like both Chandelure and Golurk, but I have to give it to Chandelure for this one. That thing is the definition of powerful, with the highest Special Attack of any not legendary/banned/Mega Evolution in the series (only behind Aegislash for legends and Megas). Fire Blast or Overheat, and it doesn't care what it comes up against, if it doesn't resist Fire, it's going down. It is disappointing that Shadow Tag was never released, but its sheer power makes up for it.

Golurk I just talked about in the Favorite Ground Pokémon thread in Pokémon Polls, but i'll mention it here anyway - very high Attack, above average Defenses and some nice moves to use them with makes for a pretty cool Pokémon. Its design is very reminiscent of Transformers, which is cool. It's kind of a shame that it comes so late in the game though (especially in B2W2), but XY remedied that with being able to catch it before your second badge. And it can fly, which is nice.

I have to give a mention to Jellicent, too, if only for the mustache that the males rock.

Sirfetch’d

Jellicent fo sho. It doesn't completely suck like Golurk!!!

Honestly though it's so close between all 4 XD Jellicent is my favorite gen 5 Pokemon but all of these make my top 4

Years
I love all the Unova Ghost-types (pretty much the best Ghosts of any generation) and I was mostly tossed up between Jellicent and Chandelure but voted for the latter in the end.

Chandelure has like wicked high Special Attack which makes its best STABs hit really hard and if you don't easily resist Ghost or Fire it can easily take you out. I also love the shiny colors that the Litwick line gets, especially Chandelure's orange flames and pink eyes. No wonder I always love trying to use one when I play a 5th Gen game.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Chandelure beats all. This spooky chandelier has one of the highest Special Attack base stats in the game and has a really unique Ghost/Fire dual typing, and I believe this Pokemon is the only one who has that typing. Based on this Top 300 for Special Attack list, Chandelure is in the top 20th position, which is really, really high. Don't forget its design! I love how beautiful it is. It really gives us the impression of a Pokemon not to be taken lightly, and at the same time, to be admired.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Ooh, this was a tough one. Jellicent, Chandelure, and Golurk are all one of my favorite Unova Pokémon. I ended up choosing Jellicent, but I'm still not sure if it's my absolute favorite of the three. I tend to like Water types the most, so that could be why. All are equally cool and have great designs, and I guess Chandelure is my favorite when it comes to battling. It's hard to make a decision based off the anime since all three have had great roles. I guess I really like Jellicent because it's a jellyfish who causes ships to mysteriously disappear. Cofagrigus tho? It's cool that it's based off a sarcophagus but I've never really liked it as much as the other three.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
My choice was Cofagrigus. I think that of all them it has the best and most interesting design. Taking influence from Egypt was definitely a good call. I just wish it weren't all about Defenses.

Typhlosionn

Blazing Fury
Years
Chandelure. Fire/Ghost Type, its just too cool. Chandelure's great in competitive play as well, so yeah.

Aoba

yelp
Years
  • Age 30
  • /vp/
  • Seen Jun 30, 2015
As much as I love Golurk, I voted for Chandelure. It's just a cool Pokemon and it has very nice story behind it. And I love Litwick, such a cute little candle. And the colors and overall design are just spot on with Chandelure, fits well and are pleasing to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back