• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022

But since you have calmed down a bit what about using another v1.0 ROM?

I have LITERALLY tried EVERY english Ruby 1.0 ROM I can find and not one of them is working. Can someone just tell me exactly step-by-step what to do after I have downloaded the ROM to my laptop? Maybe i'm missing something, or maybe I don't have the right options set up on VBA, or something...

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I got a question as well...

I'm now up to 6 badges.. I came this far without ever getting a map.. not that it's a major tool for being able to finish the game or something like that.. but I would still like to have a view over the world I'm actually playing in.

Where the hell do I get the map ? I'm sure I've spoken with everyone so far.. I'm usually pretty strict when it comes to searching everywhere for something I need..

Is it hidden somewhere ? Is it even in the game ?
Since this hack is based off Pokémon Ruby, there isn't a Town Map item (like in FR/LG). In R/S/E you get the PokéNav instead, which contains a map. However, since you don't get the PokéNav in Light Platinum, the only way to see the map is to go to a Pokémon Center.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Never mind my question about Fire Stones. Got one in Victory Road, and a bunch more in Lauren. xD
So hmmm, I was catching the legendaries when something caught my eye, Arceus has a Mienshao sprite xD. Not that it's a big problem, but... Hahahah xD
Yeah, and Mienshao has Arceus', nothing serious =D

where and when do i catch the red gayradose?
Like in every non-Johto game, wait for shiny Gyarados.

I got a question as well...

I'm now up to 6 badges.. I came this far without ever getting a map.. not that it's a major tool for being able to finish the game or something like that.. but I would still like to have a view over the world I'm actually playing in.

Where the hell do I get the map ? I'm sure I've spoken with everyone so far.. I'm usually pretty strict when it comes to searching everywhere for something I need..

Is it hidden somewhere ? Is it even in the game ?
Well map is in PokéNav :D
Or in PokeCenters.

I have LITERALLY tried EVERY english Ruby 1.0 ROM I can find and not one of them is working. Can someone just tell me exactly step-by-step what to do after I have downloaded the ROM to my laptop? Maybe i'm missing something, or maybe I don't have the right options set up on VBA, or something...
Have you tried VBA-M?

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015

No. You haven't tried every single English Ruby ROM. I had this same problem yesterday but I eventually found a compatible ROM in what? 5 minutes.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
Since this hack is based off Pokémon Ruby, there isn't a Town Map item (like in FR/LG). In R/S/E you get the PokéNav instead, which contains a map. However, since you don't get the PokéNav in Light Platinum, the only way to see the map is to go to a Pokémon Center.

Well map is in PokéNav :D
Or in PokeCenters.

Yeah, my bad.. totally forgott about the PokeNav.. but now you are confusing me: Is there a PokeNav in this game or not ? You two answer this question completely different..

Years
Yeah, my bad.. totally forgott about the PokeNav.. but now you are confusing me: Is there a PokeNav in this game or not ? You two answer this question completely different..

You can only see the map on the wall in a Pokemon Center- you don't recieve the PokeNav in this game. According to Oshawott, anyway- I'm pretty sure Ash was just saying that that's where you WOULD see the map in a game based off Ruby.

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
what do u mean wait for shiny gyardose? if i cant get it wheres the best place to catch a gayradose in the game?

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019

You can only see the map on the wall in a Pokemon Center- you don't recieve the PokeNav in this game. According to Oshawott, anyway- I'm pretty sure Ash was just saying that that's where you WOULD see the map in a game based off Ruby.
Correct, you cannot get the PokéNav in Light Platinum. It is totally possible to add the PokéNav in though (and I do believe it is also possible to add the Town Map in).

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Well I've FINALLY got it working, and after just 15 mins playing the game I'm already extremely impressed! Definitely an amazing hack! 9/10 so far XD

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
Correct, you cannot get the PokéNav in Light Platinum. It is totally possible to add the PokéNav in though (and I do believe it is also possible to add the Town Map in).

Great, thanks!

I hope you can answer my next question straight away.. is there any other possibility to get a Kingdra without ingame-trade ? I leveled my Seadra up to 51 now in hopes that it would level up this way.. but nothing so far..

does it level on 55 ? or by waterstone ? It would be pretty disappointing if the only posibility to get a Kingdra were by ingame-trade..

Years
Great, thanks!

I hope you can answer my next question straight away.. is there any other possibility to get a Kingdra without ingame-trade ? I leveled my Seadra up to 51 now in hopes that it would level up this way.. but nothing so far..

does it level on 55 ? or by waterstone ? It would be pretty disappointing if the only posibility to get a Kingdra were by ingame-trade..
Kingdra has only ever been available through trade, just like Scizor, Steelix, Golem, etc. The trade in Seanport(?) is your only chance of getting Kingdra.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
The most recent English patch is 100% done, so maybe you have found an older patch?

Well I got mine from wesleyfg.weebly.com so meh either that or I cannot find the gym leader in serenity city.

Finally beat that chestnut and now I am stuck trying to find the 7th gym leader..found her in south of mt winter then lost her again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2016
Alright guys I have a major problem. I saved before the 3rd gym leader, and after I beat him the water levels went back up and now I cant get out. Im stuck and starting the game over from the beginning does not sound too appealing. Is there any way I can fix this? Im playing this on gpsphone on my iphone.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Guys, MAJOR problem here! I trained my elekid that I picked up at the beginning of the game, it evolved to Electabuzz at level 31 I think. Everything so far went pretty well.

Then when I got Electabuzz to Electivire at Level 40, he evolved but also went DOWN three levels, to a Level 37 Electivire? Now this didnt seem like anything more than a minor glitch, so i saved afterwards anyway. Now, My Electivire is a level 38 and no matter how I level him up to Level 39 (Rare Candy, trainer, wild battle, etc) the game freezes when his level 39 stats come up on the screen. Which basically means that my electivire than i trained all the way throguh the game up to Groment City (where I am now) is completely unusable! Is there any way around this problem?? and will the same thing happen to Magmar when he evolves to Magmortar?! :O

As a second and less-pressing question, where can i egt a Carvanha? I really want Kingdra for my water type but all i get when fishing around the city is Wailmer (Super Rod) and Magikarp (Good rod)... :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2012
help me pls? i saw someone say, you can't catch "Shaymin, Meloetta, Genesect, Kami trio, Victini, and Keldeo in Light Platinum" in this forum ... :/ i just found a shaymin in Inhore Woods... and for those who keep asking for Cobalion and Terrakion, try checking Route 508 and 505 grass ... and is it possible to get ditto? (I'm not allowed to post urls yet so just remove the [] and all the * [h*t*t*p:/*/tiny*pic*.*co*m/r/246kq5l/5]) <shaymin... when i downloaded it, it said, "contains all the legends" can someone hunt? or do you want me to hunt?

Guys, MAJOR problem here! I trained my elekid that I picked up at the beginning of the game, it evolved to Electabuzz at level 31 I think. Everything so far went pretty well.

Then when I got Electabuzz to Electivire at Level 40, he evolved but also went DOWN three levels, to a Level 37 Electivire? Now this didnt seem like anything more than a minor glitch, so i saved afterwards anyway. Now, My Electivire is a level 38 and no matter how I level him up to Level 39 (Rare Candy, trainer, wild battle, etc) the game freezes when his level 39 stats come up on the screen. Which basically means that my electivire than i trained all the way throguh the game up to Groment City (where I am now) is completely unusable! Is there any way around this problem?? and will the same thing happen to Magmar when he evolves to Magmortar?! :O

As a second and less-pressing question, where can i egt a Carvanha? I really want Kingdra for my water type but all i get when fishing around the city is Wailmer (Super Rod) and Magikarp (Good rod)... :(

well, you can get kingdra in and carvanha in seanport city, but you have to use surf, no need the rods, and for the elekid, there is a glich in the game that causes this but im not sure about the freezing... mine is level 69 and when he evolved, his level went down, but i still trained it

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Alright guys I have a major problem. I saved before the 3rd gym leader, and after I beat him the water levels went back up and now I cant get out. Im stuck and starting the game over from the beginning does not sound too appealing. Is there any way I can fix this? Im playing this on gpsphone on my iphone.
Create a text file on your computer and give it the same name as your ROM. If your ROM is called Pokemon Light Platinum.GBA, call the text file Pokemon Light Platinum.GBA.cht. Open the file and type in the following:
Walk Through Walls
CE2CCCB25D8D815D
Then save the file and place it in the same folder as your ROM on your phone. Open your ROM in gpsphone and click Toggle Cheats, then select your walk through walls code.

@Impergnator - if you don't want to train another Kingdra, you could always edit Seadra's evolution in YAPE.
@HeroesAndCons - you can catch Carvahna in Marfeny Lake.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
what do u mean wait for shiny gyardose? if i cant get it wheres the best place to catch a gayradose in the game?
Everywhere where water is present, I think Seanport is the best place.
And it's Gyarados, not Gyaradose...

Well I've FINALLY got it working, and after just 15 mins playing the game I'm already extremely impressed! Definitely an amazing hack! 9/10 so far XD
Well... that's kinda better than 0/10 you wanted to give.

How do I evolve eevee into espeon?
I think it's the same as always and since LP does not have DNS you must edit the evolution in YAPE in order to obtain Espie.

Well I got mine from wesleyfg.weebly.com so meh either that or I cannot find the gym leader in serenity city.

Finally beat that chestnut and now I am stuck trying to find the 7th gym leader..found her in south of mt winter then lost her again.
You need to find her 2 times in Mt. Winter.

It's a known glitch... unfortunately there is no known sollution as of yet.

Back