• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
But how does it fail? Like, an error message, sprite messes up in-game, nothing happens, etc.?

PokéFox

Learning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2010
But how does it fail? Like, an error message, sprite messes up in-game, nothing happens, etc.?
Nothing changes. I'll use freespace finder to find an open offset. I'll use the offset to compile a script into, such as this for example:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800200
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @apokoswimmer 0x6
release
end
#org @apokoswimmer
= I love to swim!

The log after I compile the script will work, but when I test it in the game, the sprite does nothing. I'll check the offset in Advance-Map and when I open the script this appears:

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800200
It, for some reason, just doesn't want to compile the script.

Ooka

Years
Alright, well try something for me.

Open up XSE, load up your ROM, then put that script in it. Afterwords hit the Compile button two to the right of the Open button. Then click the Copy button located towards the bottom. Open up AdvanceMap then find Script Offset. Highlight everything except the '$' sign, right click on the highlighted text and hit paste.

If you do that, the script you just posted (Or even both that you have posted) will should work perfectly.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2010
Hey,

Im new to this ROM hacking. already watched a few Tutorials and stuff.
but my question is wer do you all get your tilesets?
ATM im using Advance Map. But it only has got Standard tile's
The tiles in al the pictures out here are much better?
Where can i find them and how can i import them?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Hey,

Im new to this ROM hacking. already watched a few Tutorials and stuff.
but my question is wer do you all get your tilesets?
ATM im using Advance Map. But it only has got Standard tile's
The tiles in al the pictures out here are much better?
Where can i find them and how can i import them?
You posted on the 666th page, you're going to abandon ROM Hacking or else it'll cost your life.

Hello, welcome. If you want to find new tiles, there are two ways: Make your own tiles (I guess you won't) or find and use others'. On Devianart, or on Pixel Art on this forum.

After you find the tiles you want to add, follow a tile inserting tutorial (I recommend this) and insert them. voila, new tiles!

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Thanks for the help, Omega
but I guess I wasn't clear in question 3.

Let's take Winona as an example. This is her battle script
Spoiler:

There are two lines bolded, the first one has the trainerbattle 0x1 command. This calls the normal battle 0x10E, which matches with A-Trainer battle.
The second one, which I believe that stands for rematches, is a trainerbattle 0x7 (which IS a rebattle double). It calls the same 0x10E from first battle, altough the rematches are stored at 0x316, 0x317, 0x318 and 0x319. In fact, there are no mention of these battles in the script (or so I think)
That is, I want it to repoint it such a way it jumps directly to 0x319, which gives me 3 free battle adresses for adding more trainers. Is there a way to do this?

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
can someone help? i set my warp tile for a ladder in a cave to go somewhere but, instead, it sends me to the link battle room (which i think is map bank 0 map 0 warp 0)

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
can someone help? i set my warp tile for a ladder in a cave to go somewhere but, instead, it sends me to the link battle room (which i think is map bank 0 map 0 warp 0)

Have you remembered to set up the warp values in A-Map?
there are 3 settings, first is Warp Number (which sends you to the right warp, as it's supposed to be paired), then the other two refer to the map this warp is placed (bank/map)
It should be working if you checked that for that pair of warps (going both up and dow the ladder)

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
just wondering when u delete an event or script on advance map does it create free bytes in the rom or there are still traces of that script in the rom....

Ooka

Years
The script still exists if you delete the sprite or signpost or whatever you're using. The actual script is located at the script offset.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I am bumping this question yet again...lol
---------------------------------------------------
I have this problem with the d/n system,

it did not work when i play it on vba.

I already implement the d/n system to the fire red rom but it did not work,

then after some time, it start working yet again but now it stop working again after i switch to a new rom.

I did enable real time clock on vba emulator and also have implement the d/n system but it still cannot work.

I hope there is a solution to this.

---------------------
Crimson Stardust

This was not answered..

Anyway, new question also.
In YAPE, we can edit the POKéMON evolve method like with item, and with the item available, only the stones can be used.
Is there any way for me to edit a item in the rom then make it usable for evolution of a POKéMON?

And another thing, i just started exploring a-trainer tool, haha, just started to do trainer stuff, and i found out about the intro music thing. What does it do?
If i change the intro music number, will that make the battle music during the trainer battle diffirent? or is it when i encounter the trainer on the map only?
if it is yes to the battle music during trainer battles, how do i know what number represents which midi since i am going to insert new midis, i find it weird to see it range from 1-127 [if i am not wrong]

If this does not have to do anything with the changing the trainer battles music, how do i change the music during the trainer battle to suit my needs like a different person/event i want a specefic music for them..
Like if i want to battle my rival or evil team boss, i want to use a specific battle midi for it. i don't really know how to go for it.

I hope i have an answer to all this, been a 2nd or 4th time bumping this..lol

At least answer a few of them..lol
--------------------
Crimson Stardust

Ooka

Years
As for your second question interdpth released the EvolutionEd tool which should be exactly what you're looking for.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
been searching for quite a while but cant really find the answer to my question

1) how do we delete script offsets?(the simplest way possible) must it be done with hex editing or there is a feature on XSE
2) can we retrieve a built in script in FR (exp the prof oak script) and edit it?

Ooka

Years
2) can we retrieve a built in script in FR (exp the prof oak script) and edit it?

The way I use personally is to open AdvanceMap, click on the event I want to edit, go down to Script Offset, highlight the offset, then paste it into the box beside the word "offset" in XSE. Edit it then go to the top and hit compile like you would with a normal script.

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
can someone help? i set my warp tile for a ladder in a cave to go somewhere but, instead, it sends me to the link battle room (which i think is map bank 0 map 0 warp 0) and yes i have my warp tile set to warp to the right place

Ooka

Years

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
i know he answered it last time but thats not the problem bc as i said, i have it set to go to the correct warp but its just not working for some reason... im wondering if anyone else making a hack has this problem

Try using another Warp tile, or something. If that doesn't work, your ROM is most likely corrupt. I hope, for your sake, you made some backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back