• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
for fire red where can i obtain a list of used flags by the game so i wont reuse them when making a script. for instance setflag 0x829 is to enable the pokemon tab in the menu etc..
I believe there's an .rbh file in the XSE folder if you downloaded XSE by Hackmew. One of them have a list of unused flags. And in Hackmew's guide file there's a section where a list of used flags are.

pkaurastorm

"The Only Legit Pokesav'r" ")
Years
From the look of your example, you only want to change the name of the trainer. If so, then try to use HackMew's A-Trainer tool.[/QUOTE]

Oh Thanks! Works But It Does'nt Support My Rom For Some Reason

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Bumping my unanswered question from two pages under

Let's take Winona as an example. This is her battle script
Spoiler:

There are two lines bolded, the first one has the trainerbattle 0x1 command. This calls the normal battle 0x10E, which matches with A-Trainer battle.
The second one, which I believe that stands for rematches, is a trainerbattle 0x7 (which IS a rebattle double). It calls the same 0x10E from first battle, altough the rematches are stored at 0x316, 0x317, 0x318 and 0x319. In fact, there are no mention of these battles in the script (or so I think)
That is, I want it to repoint it such a way it jumps directly to 0x319, which gives me 3 free battle adresses for adding more trainers. Is there a way to do this?

Also, one more question: How can I ADD pokémon sprites to a rom? I mean, I can't import the images in unLZ when I'm not replacing anything - this, or NSE can't read it from the empty adress (found with FSF).

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
for fire red where can i obtain a list of used flags by the game so i wont reuse them when making a script. for instance setflag 0x829 is to enable the pokemon tab in the menu etc..

You can find a list in the Appendix section of XSE's built-in guide (which you can, in turn, access by pressing F2).

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hey me again...i was wondering if there is anyone online that can make me a custom title screen on my rom

You're going to have a tough time finding somebody to make you a titlescreen without some sort of compensation. You should probably take a look at the Tutorials section where there are plenty of good tutorials on how to edit the titlescreen in whichever game you're hacking.

pkaurastorm

Years
You're going to have a tough time finding somebody to make you a titlescreen without some sort of compensation. You should probably take a look at the Tutorials section where there are plenty of good tutorials on how to edit the titlescreen in whichever game you're hacking.

what do you mean by compensation

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
what do you mean by compensation

I meant that usually people are only going to do something for you if they believe that they're going to benefit from doing it. That's the idea behind many hacking teams; a lot of people get together and each contribute something so that they all can receive credit for the creation of the final product. I was saying that most people won't just do requests for somebody unless they're going to be receiving something in exchange for all that work. So instead of waiting for someone to come along and do the work for you, you're better off reading a tutorial and giving it a shot.

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
does anyone have the problem with sappy where when you open the rom it stops responding... i made it compatible with windows xp like i was told but it didnt work... im using windows 7

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
does anyone have the problem with sappy where when you open the rom it stops responding... i made it compatible with windows xp like i was told but it didnt work... im using windows 7

Ah! Now that's the problem that I had previously. To get Sappy to work, you need to have all the runtimes (.ocx files) and .dll files needed to run them.

Simply search the following on Google:

.dll files:
fmod.dll
SSubTmr6.dll
TimerMM.dll

Runtime (.ocx) files:
cPopMenu6.ocx
vbalCbEx6.ocx
vbalExpBar6.ocx
vbalIml6.ocx

Then simply put them into the "C:\Windows\System32" folder.
Once you've done that, open up a Command Prompt, which is in Start > All Programs > Accessories

Then once you've opened up the Command Prompt, type in "regsvr32 [insert .dll/.ocx file here]".

However, just to note... the only file that doesn't need to be registered is fmod.dll.

dt200

Was and will be forever alone.
Years
Your help is much appreciated....

How do I fix this error?

The description in the start menu gets 'ugly'

Look at the picture...

Happy Hacking you people!

Thanks.

:)

Attachments

• Pokemon - Fire Red_01.png
    Pokemon - Fire Red_01.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 25

Platinum Lucario

Years
Your help is much appreciated....

How do I fix this error?

The description in the start menu gets 'ugly'

Look at the picture...

Happy Hacking you people!

Thanks.

:)

Hm... it might be a problem with the text palettes or the text itself.

Here's some questions...

1. Have you done any hex editing?
  2. Have you got the Day/Night system implemented?
  3. Did you attempt to change the in-game text style?

Any of those might be the cause of the problem.
Because I'm not sure how good the Day/Night system is, because it never seems to get updated nowadays. D:

If you've done any hex editing, you might've made a bit of a mistake.

Or if you attempted to change the in-game text style... it might've glitched it up. :x

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
I'm not sure if it's because I used Chaos Rush's Emerald Clean-Up Patch but none of my scripts work... I've tried compiling them onto different offsets.
Here is one of the scripts:-
Spoiler:

Years
I was wondering, is it possible to replace the Elite Four with the Battle Tower? If so, how would I go about doing it. I've been thinking about what it would be like to have a proper tournament like they do in the anime in a hack.

Also where do I find the missing ini files for Ruby on AdvanceText as it only goes up to route 101.

dt200

Was and will be forever alone.
Years
Hm... it might be a problem with the text palettes or the text itself.

Here's some questions...

1. Have you done any hex editing?
  2. Have you got the Day/Night system implemented?
  3. Did you attempt to change the in-game text style?

Any of those might be the cause of the problem.
Because I'm not sure how good the Day/Night system is, because it never seems to get updated nowadays. D:

If you've done any hex editing, you might've made a bit of a mistake.

Or if you attempted to change the in-game text style... it might've glitched it up. :x

I hv not done any hex or text editing. I nvr implement the day and night system too.

pkaurastorm

Years
Hey me again (again) so im in sprite editing and i figured out how to change the overworld sprite but the sprite that you see in battle...what program do i use to change that?

Platinum Lucario

Years
I'm not sure if it's because I used Chaos Rush's Emerald Clean-Up Patch but none of my scripts work... I've tried compiling them onto different offsets.
Spoiler:
Hm... I've never heard of Chaos Rush's clean up patch before. Are you using XSE or some other script editor? Some script editors other than XSE might not work as good as what eXtreme Script Editor would. So if I was using a script editor... I would recommend using XSE.

And if you think Chaos Rush's clean up patch might be the cause... it could be. So what does that patch exactly do anyways?

I was wondering, is it possible to replace the Elite Four with the Battle Tower? If so, how would I go about doing it. I've been thinking about what it would be like to have a proper tournament like they do in the anime in a hack.

Also where do I find the missing ini files for Ruby on AdvanceText as it only goes up to route 101.
Hm... well first you might want to do some script editing on the Battle Tower area if you want it to go more anime-style battling, and also... change the warps on the Pokémon League doors as well to warping you to inside the Battle Tower. Then the rest would be all up to changing other scripts... such as entering the Hall of Fame after battling the final trainer.

And .ini files for AdvanceText, eh? Well if I was editing other text for other maps, I'd use XSE.
I hv not done any hex or text editing. I nvr implement the day and night system too.

I see... well I'm not sure what other thing would cause it. Is it a hack that you're working on?

Or is it a ROM Hack that patched over on a FireRed ROM? If it's a ROM Hack that's patched on a FireRed ROM... make sure it's the right version number, such as (v1.0 or v1.1), usually a hack thread describes what version number the ROM Hack was used on and what language too, maybe you patched it on the wrong language? Most FireRed ROMs usually are BPRE (the E at the end stands for "English"), hopefully you didn't patch it on a different format (like BPRP).

Years
Spoiler:
Okay first I recommend, if you aren't already, using XSE found in HackMew's Tool Factory for scripting. Anyway, I think it'd be wiser to use offsets from 0x800000 (or 0x720000, I use the former; blame it on my OCD, lol), that may be the problem.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Okay first I recommend, if you aren't already, using XSE found in HackMew's Tool Factory for scripting. Anyway, I think it'd be wiser to use offsets from 0x800000 (or 0x720000, I use the former; blame it on my OCD, lol), that may be the problem.
looks like XSE to me ._.

and Orijn, no; use E00000, Ice's offset is for FR. Emerald has a tonne more random clutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back