• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Cosmos: Guardian & Wish

Riansky

Purr
Years
Pokemon: Guardian Wish

Welcome to the Pokemon: Guardian Wish development thread. First of all let me introduce you the game. Pokemon Guardian Wish have gone thourgh alot of changes lately. Alot have been changed from the early versions. People who know me and are watching me on dA have probablly seen Guardian Wish in early stages. Not that the game is near final or something.. Its still pretty much in early steges but I'm happy with it the way it is now. This is just a development thread. Here I'll post screenshots, updates and have you to comment on my works and probablly eaven give me some ideas. Let me tell you that my english is not the best so you will be most likely seeing alot of grammar errors.

Engine: Rpg maker xp with Pokemon Essentials
Language: English
Developer: Riansky
Team: None

Introduction

Centuries ago a mighty battle between shadow and light in region of Aruih caused major changes to the region and its people. People that were once friendly and helpeful became tottaly oposite. Region was divided to North and South parts, the same happened with people. People from south started a pokemon war against northen civilazation. Many of Pokemon an people were killed in the war that took ages...
Isacc, the boy who had a wish, that people of Aruih will become friendly again, found a mystical item which was later describet as an instrument of the past. He played it and suddenly two mystical pokemon came to him. One pokemon could grant wishes and the other was a guardian of the earth. Isacc wished for the people to stop batteling and his wish was fulfilled. The guardian said he will be watching the region and guards it from mighty battle between shadow and light to happen again...

Story

As legends, every game needs a story, and so does Pokemon Guardian Wish.

You start of as a 15 years old Boy/Girl who is going to a Journey across Aruih region. A famous Proffessor Rowan, who came from Sinnoh region with his student who just became the proffessor of Aruih. Proffessor Abies is also a good friend of your familly as your parents are around the same age as Abies. Abies visits your home in Cyrilla town and invites you to his newly opened laboratory, As Proffessor Rowan, Abies also studies Pokemon Evolution.

As you enter Abies's lab, he let's you choose one of the three Pokemon.
Suddenly your friend ( who is also a rival) also come to the lab, most likely Abies invited him too. He chooses his Pokemon and invites you to battle with him for the first time. As you leave Cyrilla Town, you see a strange guy running from Route 1, Yelling that the market in Arcalia Town was robed by a Team called Team Dark. They are apperently in need of some items to complete a strange ritual. What are they up to ? Find out in Pokemon Guardian Wish.

Features

- New Region Aruih!
- Characters from the past!
- 456 Pokemon from all regions!
- New world called Luicid Realm
- 8 new gym leaders and 8 Town guardians!
- And much more!

Screenshots

OLD SCREENS
Spoiler:

Credits

Abnegation
Imezzo
Epicday
Dewitty
Ame-no-hi

Team
Riansky: Mapping, Eventing, Tiles making, pretty much everything.

UPDATING THE FIRST POST

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Looking extremely crisp and clean man! Glad to see you back on the scene here. Best of luck with it, just letting you know it has been approved.

Riansky

Purr
Years
Thanks man! Couldn't have been like that without your help and inspiration! Thanks for approving my thread!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
capture005.png

Is that suppose to say ''from the Sinnoh region'' ?
From sinnoh region sounds to engrish.

Riansky

Purr
Years
capture005.png

Is that suppose to say ''from the Sinnoh region'' ?
From sinnoh region sounds to engrish.

Erm.. Yeah. You're probably right.

Anyway small update.

eclaire_city_by_riansky-d5k3pc0.png

This is Eclair City. Home of the first gym leader Clora.

And this is how the battle style will look in Guardian Wish
batlle.png

Everything is already inserted. Just need some repositioning and a bit of scripting.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
The story's pretty generic from what I can see, but as long as you expand it in the game it shouldn't be an issue. This looks pretty good, except the battle screen. Why are the hp boxes so transparent?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
capture007.png

eclaire_city_by_riansky-d5k3pc0.png

Compared to the first screenshot, the player's side view doesn't look as good in the new screen shot.

Riansky

Purr
Years
This looks really good. I'll be watching this.

What are the starter Pokemon?

Thank you! Hoenn starters for now :P

The story's pretty generic from what I can see, but as long as you expand it in the game it shouldn't be an issue. This looks pretty good, except the battle screen. Why are the hp boxes so transparent?

The story will expand in the game, I don't want to reveal much with story. And the hp boxes looks much better if transparent ( My opinion).

Quick Update:

I'd like to annunce a new team member and that is xnyk. He's a mapper and general helper. He already did some work for Guaridan Wish and here is a screenshots from Arcalia Plantation which he maped!
arcalia_plantation_by_xnyk-d5lhctr.png

Hope you like it!

Riansky

Purr
Years
Thanks for the amout of comments guys! I really appriciate it!

Anyway, yeah I'm still working on that. Right now what I do is mapping because I'm waiting for some indoor tiles to be finished and then I'll start the eventing slowly ^^
Anyway here are is a screen from Abelihill City, City of the second gym!

abelihill_by_riansky-d5ncaby.png

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Just the one without it shows the hat from Hilbert from BW 1. just recolored.

Lol, the hat has a Pokeball logo on its left (looking at the front OW of the trainer). So when the player is facing left, you'll see the logo. And when the trainer is facing right, you won't. Makes much sense. It's the same hat, from different perspectives. I think Rian did it correctly.

Riansky

Purr
Years
Just the one without it shows the hat from Hilbert from BW 1. just recolored.

Lol, the hat has a Pokeball logo on its left (looking at the front OW of the trainer). So when the player is facing left, you'll see the logo. And when the trainer is facing right, you won't. Makes much sense. It's the same hat, from different perspectives. I think Rian did it correctly.

I don't think I need to say anything more. Thanks Luka for explaining.

Also its not a hat from Hilbert, I haven't eaven looked at him when I was making this char. Might look the same but how the hell can you make it different if I want the cap like that?

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
Looks very very good man. Very clean, crisp. The only thing that bothers me and don't take offense to this, it's just me, but the main characters OW Sprite looks weird with the hat, maybe make the bill smaller, other then that, looks amazing, cannot wait to play :)

Riansky

Purr
Years
Hello guys. Yeah I'm still there and I'm still working on the game. We have been through hard times updating the game style because I was not really happ with it. I'm still not finished with all the updates speaking of maps but I'm almost there. First post will get updated asap because there were many changes in the story and also the name. Meanwhille there is a sneak peek of some of the updates:

Scr1.png
Scr2.png

The overworld is just temporarly, I'm not good at desinging overworlds so it will be nice having someone do that. Hope you like it anyway!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
these are like one the best graphics I've seen around, its looks amazing, good luck on this it has great potential; I hope you keep working with this! Keep up with the great work!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hello guys. Yeah I'm still there and I'm still working on the game. We have been through hard times updating the game style because I was not really happ with it. I'm still not finished with all the updates speaking of maps but I'm almost there. First post will get updated asap because there were many changes in the story and also the name. Meanwhille there is a sneak peek of some of the updates:

Scr1.png
Scr2.png

The overworld is just temporarly, I'm not good at desinging overworlds so it will be nice having someone do that. Hope you like it anyway!

I'll help with overworlds?
I've been meaning to get back into practice, to me, this'll be the perfect way to practice.
Of course I need some concept art, or sprites to refer too.

PM if your intrested?
I believe you've watched me on dA.
Look in my Overworld folder for proof Of Work. Bare in mind I am alot better than those ones.

Back