• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
No need to script it again, for it's present in the game. Just put this offset $1BDF13 in Advance map, in the script offset of the tree.

Well... I'm using emerald, and that script doesn't quite work..
Also, all "cuttable" trees are having their own peron id's in each map, so it's kinda hard to believe that there's just ONE script for all those trees :P

But anyhow, it doesnt do anything.
In fact, when I open 1BDF13 in a script editor, it's jus some kind of weird warp script, so...

Anyone else know how to make a "cut tree?" script?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Well... I'm using emerald, and that script doesn't quite work..
Also, all "cuttable" trees are having their own peron id's in each map, so it's kinda hard to believe that there's just ONE script for all those trees :P

But anyhow, it doesnt do anything.
In fact, when I open 1BDF13 in a script editor, it's jus some kind of weird warp script, so...

Anyone else know how to make a "cut tree?" script?

Oh, I didn't knew it was for Emerald. Try $2906BB instead.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a question, in Advance map in the block editor, is it possible to add more than 12 palettes?

I don't think so because the "bottom" palettes are used by the game for the message boxes, font colors etc.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Me again, heh. Just a quick question- is it possible to edit an item to make it work like an evolution stone on certain pokémon? If so, how would I go about doing this? If you can't do it, that's fine. I'd just like to know. :)

EDIT: Game is Crystal.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I am hacking fire red to do a silver remake and im at cherry grove mapping.i already mapped route 30 but i cant get them to connect right.i attached pictures to show what i mean(yes,im using walkthroughwalls)
help would be great.
You can't just connect them, you'd have to edit the Zero Offset I think.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
Hi. I'm new to the forums, and I'm too lazy to browse through the hundreds of pages to see if this was already asked, so I was wondering: Is there any way I can create pokemon/change sprites in a Diamond/Pearl rom? Like, let's say I wanted to create a new Pokemon such as "Mewtwo-X":

View attachment 44231

or change Blaziken's sprite into this:

View attachment 44230

or even change the trainer into me:

View attachment 44232

Is there a current way that I can do any of those? Please respond.

Yes, I did use fusing to create those sprites. If you could rate me on those, as well, I'd be much obliged.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hey, guys. I've got a little bit of a problem with the doors in mah hack, and I need a little bit of help. I'm using Fire Red and Punk Rocker's ROM base (found in ROM Hacking Resources on the 6th or 7th page). Here's a link to a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUp8J_Ue4Js

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
What exactly is a variable? thethethethe didn't explain it in his scripting tutorial and I'm left wondering...

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Can you please explain in a more visual way, like use examples of how it would be used in the game itself

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Can you please explain in a more visual way, like use examples of how it would be used in the game itself

like lets say you want to check if a pokemon has a certain move. for example, checking if venasaur has vine whip.

you would set variable X (for example) to 1 when venasaur learns vine whip and set it to 0 when it forgets vine whip. that way you can keep track of events that have happened.

this is just one example. you can use variable in many more ways. like checking if hero is a boy or girl. or how many pokemon are in the party, etc.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2011
i remember a while ago there was a tool here called advance text i have done some searches and cant find it?? has it been removed or is it still there and im just retarded?? :P

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

Why are you using HTML... The site doesn't support it, unless you are Mod if I remember right... or Admin... anyways...

Cananyone point me in the direction of a good Sappy / Music editing Tutorial? I wanna try it out, heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back