• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
@megatrainer If you follow the instructions that the Team Rocket boss gave you, you'd find that the 1st gym leader is in Orewell City, north of the Elwynn Forest. Which is west of Selentear Town.

@tomatoman It's based very loosely to the Hoenn region. The only thing similar to it is the name origination.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
Minor correction in the opening post, Jeffy: Hammole is Ground-type, and Miamole is Ground/Fire.

thepsynergist

Years
Okay guys, this is it, Pokemon Pyrite Demo 0.3a is finally out!

Patch notes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Pokemon Pyrite Client Patch Demo Version 0.3a (2010-07-30)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Coming of the Mask of Ice.

The Mask of Ice has been finally come out of hiding and decided to attack the Northwestern Kyushu region. Silver must find him and stop his plans before they become out of control. He must first gain 5 badges.

General

- Access to the town, Reidburne Haven, home to the fifth gym is now available. To get there, you must have surf from Telmora Hovel, and head head to Selentear, and travel east.

- After you get five badges, talk to Lance to go to the Northwestern Kyushu region, to stop the Mask of Ice.

-Improved the overall lookability of the ingame maps.

User Interface

- The player now has access to the Pokegear, which allows him/her to view the ingame map, listen to the music soundtrack, and call NPC's or recieve calls (not yet implemented).

- Added new sprites, 80x80, in addition, I made it so that the sprites are animated in battle. (Think Platinum, HGSS)

Bug Fixes

- If you somehow die before you get to the Selentear Pokemon Center, you no longer will get put into an infinite loop at the healing computer.

- Fixed all the bugs that people emailed me about (can't remember how many, :P)

Known Issues

- Currently the move, Knock Off, DESTROYS the item, rather than placing it in your bag. I'm working on this, but I can't seem to figure out how. For now, beware.

- When fighting people with a mugshot intro, after the battle, their battle music continues for a split second. Shouldn't matter, just something that can't be helped.

Download link available on front page.

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
YES!. Awesome! i was waitin on this new demo. got say the new first post is a big imrpovement. love the new fakemon! downloading now.

thepsynergist

Years
Thank you, I figured I'd better make sure people actually see what my game looks like before they download it :P

I'm glad you like it.

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
i tried to start your demo. and it even installed the fonts but when i start it . there's no text at all. then i got a weird error message

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
I played it for 4 hours.Everything is so good.But the fourth gym is so strong.Telepatic pokemons are like immortal.I cant defeat espeon...
I like that game :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
By far my favorite fangame. You just keep surprisin' me by goin' every extra mile.

For some reason the BGM won't play on my main PC, though it does on my laptop.

Last edited:

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
i'm using xp. on my old comp. maybe i'll try on my newer one

EDIT: some reason Noton is reading the file as a threat and deleting it automatically. do you think you have a virus on your system?

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Years
Norton is retarded first of all. I'd recommend a combination of malwarebytes and AVG.

What it's doing is adding the fonts from my game to your computer, thus altering the registry. This aggrivates norton and sees it as a threat. That's all it is. Same thing happened on my mom's computer that had norton on it.

@ RTaco: Try installing K-Lite Video Pack. Maybe you don't have the audio codecs on that computer. Wierd how buggy this release is for other people. It works like a charm on windows Vista and up, no problem...

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
i'm using xp. on my old comp. maybe i'll try on my newer one

EDIT: some reason Noton is reading the file as a threat and deleting it automatically. do you think you have a virus on your system?

Don't worry that's normal, for some stupid reason Norton will think all the RMXP compressions are a threat so you just have to restore the file and check the ignore from scan every time you use an game install from RMXP.

CyberSamurai

Devoted Battler
Years
i wish i could play it buy my laptop sucks something crazy. i guess ill have to wait till i get home from vacation to play it. the suspense is killing me!

thepsynergist

Years
Heh, thank you.

I've deduced the problem to be that the version of Pokemon Essentials I have is picky and only seems to work with computers with windows vista and above. No idea why... Maybe its the method that detects what time and weather it is...

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
Hey. I found a bug in the demo. I can't trade my rattata to the woman in the pokecenter. The game gave an error message and closed the whole window.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
But it works just fine on my laptop (XP), and it's my computer with Vista that has trouble.

thepsynergist

Years
Hey. I found a bug in the demo. I can't trade my rattata to the woman in the pokecenter. The game gave an error message and closed the whole window.

Ugh, every release of Pokemon Essentials, the script gets worse. I'll make a patch soon. I'll post it as soon as i fix the problem.

All right, put this file in your Pokemon Pyrite data folder.

I.E if you installed it in the default folder.

My Documents\Pokemon Pyrite\Data

Replace scripts.rxdata with this file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5p6lp03u88pf5ly

It should work. What this replacement does is fix the rattata trade, and makes it so Silver says blasting off again, rather than his boring default text. Please follow my instructions...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
Alright. Great game by the way. Oh yeah I found out that the National Park can be entered freely. The counter guy doesn't even care about you until you talk to him. is that on purpose? I'll post more bugs if i find them.

thepsynergist

Years
Alright. Great game by the way. Oh yeah I found out that the National Park can be entered freely. The counter guy doesn't even care about you until you talk to him. is that on purpose? I'll post more bugs if i find them.

The only way that'd be a bug, is if you encounter national park exclusive pokemon while doing that.

I.E. finding a Scyther in the grass when you aren't in the middle of the contest. Other than that, nah, that's working as intended.

I'm hoping people enjoy the soundtrack. Personally, I think that's my games most prominent feature.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
I'm hoping people enjoy the soundtrack. Personally, I think that's my games most prominent feature.

Not my wonderful Fakemon? J/K, J/K. :P

I do lurv the music. I'm gettin' a rather Kingdom Heartsy vibe from the instruments you picked, and with the new more low-key title music.

Back