• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KotovSyndrome_

Consumer of many asparagus.
Years
Colcolstyles, I tried your way but I needed the Var No. to be 4050 otherwise the script wouldn't activate at all. :S

Hiche, I did try that earlier, but it seems I forgot the release XD

Thanks guys :) Workin' now.

However...
New problem :)

Basicly, this is a rival battle trigger script, when you hit the trigger, he is meant to appear, walk up to you, talk, battle, talk, and walk away.
Everything works fine, except, his sprite doesn't appear...

Spoiler:

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help :)

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I'm not pretty sure since I hate showsprite command but do you really have 1367 OWs in one map?

No, no. That 0x1367 (not 1367) is just a flag. The problem is the showsprite command. The value must be the person event number. Not the ID aka flag.

Dabutcha

Creator of the Alphanigma Saga
Years
Game: Pokemon Firered
Type: Movement/Running Shoe script
Editor: Poketscript & Notepad
Script:
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or Videos: After pressing A once:
View attachment 52283

After pressing it twice nothing happens, the third time:
View attachment 52284

Then I cant move. BTW the second mom is the original so I dont have to delete it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2010
No one seems to have this info up anywhere on the web, so I'm hoping someone here can help me. I need to change the layout of the title screen in Pokemon Red (GB) to look like so: (See 1st attachment: "What I need.png")[stupid 15 post rule]

So far, I have been able to get to this point: (See 2nd attachment: "What I have.png")[stupid 15 post rule]

I already know how to fix the Bulbasaur, but I'm stuck on the rest. In the Japanese Green version, the word "Green" is 2 tiles large, and in Red, "Red" is only 1 tile. The hand problem comes from the Pokeball bounce on the Red version title screen.

So, basically, I need to:
  • Flip the Pokemon and the trainer
  • Stop the hand from moving
  • And change "Red" to "Green"

Any one out there that can help?

Still need help with this, plus I also need help repointing the Pokemon battle graphics to different banks. (Moving them around in the same bank is a non-issue, but they don't all fit in some of the banks.)

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Type: Movement/Running Shoe script
Script:
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or Videos: After pressing A once:
View attachment 52283

After pressing it twice nothing happens, the third time:
View attachment 52284

Then I cant move. BTW the second mom is the original so I dont have to delete it.

You forgot to end the movements with 0xFE i'll fix it up in bold :3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
No, no. That 0x1367 (not 1367) is just a flag. The problem is the showsprite command. The value must be the person event number. Not the ID aka flag.
Yeah I meant that :) 557 is 1367 in hex it was nice coincidence...

@ellface : And by the way you might wanna think of editing your script and putting clearflag to different string.

Dabutcha

Creator of the Alphanigma Saga
Years
Spoiler:

Still doesnt work. I think Ill switch to XSE if this is a valid script. I have one more though.

Type: Pokemon Flag
Script:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
This is actually my first ever post! But I need some advice/help for my hack I am currently working on. I am using Advance Map and inserting my custom scripts using pokescript, and it seems to be going really well so far. However, every time I want to check to see if my scripts work properly, I have to start a whole new game on the emulator and it is just really tedious to go through oak's speech and the intro every time! Is there a way around this? I'm sure there is because how else would people hack a full length game and check to make sure their script is working correctly? Thanks!

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
For some reason after this script the flag 200 script continues to run, and this script continues to run also. Does anyone know why?
Code:
#dynamic 0x80084C
#org @herecomesgrowly
clearflag 0x200
checkflag 0x900
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x07 @getit
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xFF @getit2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
givepokemon 58 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox @2 0x4
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
applymovement 0x07 @getit3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x07 @getit4
release
end
#org @done
release
end
#org @getit
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0x1F
#raw 0xFE
#org @getit2
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE
#org @getit3
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE
#org @getit4
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0x1D
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= Hey, man!\nI'm glad I finally found you!\nYou forgot your Growlithe on the\lship!\p....
#org @2
= \v\h01 received Growly from the\lannoying sailor!
#org @3
= Okay....\nWhy are you staring at me like\lthat?\p....\pYou're way creepy man!

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
I'm trying to learn XSE, and I want to give the Pokemon menu to the player, and the script is failing.... anyone mind telling me what I did wrong?

Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Both of you might have the same problem.
@Denali : You probably mistaken setflag (set the flag) command with clearflag (it clears = delete it, the flag).

@forestw785 : As for you... you again mistaken setflag command. In your script it's with checkflag which is command which just check if the flag is set.
You can do it this way.

Spoiler:

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
okay that did help, but I do have a problem. The first time I talk to the npc he says these weird symbols:
(http)://i49.tinypic.com/a3e428.png (15 post limit)

and then the second time I talk to him he says what the script told him to say. here is my script:
Spoiler:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
okay that did help, but I do have a problem. The first time I talk to the npc he says these weird symbols:
(http)://i49.tinypic.com/a3e428.png (15 post limit)

and then the second time I talk to him he says what the script told him to say. here is my script:
Spoiler:

See the bolded parts? You defined the same variable for the check flag and for the msgbox. You can't do that. So change one of them. And also, you need a text for the msgbox @status.
A correction would be like this:
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x828
if 0x0 goto @status
msgbox @say 0x6
release
end

#org @status
msgbox @[B]message[/B] 0x6
setflag 0x828
end

#org @say
= Hey, let me teach you how to\nview your Pokémon's status...

[B]#org @message
= // Write your text //
[/B]

Notice how I change the @status to @message.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Hey guys, I need help on an Emerald script. It's a camera move script. What would be the specials? I tried special 0x113 and 0x114, but that just leads the the credits. :/

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey guys, I need help on an Emerald script. It's a camera move script. What would be the specials? I tried special 0x113 and 0x114, but that just leads the the credits. :/

If you cared about decompiling the Southern Island script, for example, you would know those specials in Emerald are 0x116 and 0x117, respectively.

KotovSyndrome_

Consumer of many asparagus.
Years
Okay, this is the most annoying thing ever D:
I CAN'T fix it!
please help ):

It's a battle script, just a normal battle, but for some reason, it's a double battle, it was a single battle but then I made the words "Hero Pokemon" green, and it turned into a double S:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
This is actually my first ever post! But I need some advice/help for my hack I am currently working on. I am using Advance Map and inserting my custom scripts using pokescript, and it seems to be going really well so far. However, every time I want to check to see if my scripts work properly, I have to start a whole new game on the emulator and it is just really tedious to go through oak's speech and the intro every time! Is there a way around this? I'm sure there is because how else would people hack a full length game and check to make sure their script is working correctly? Thanks!

sorry, I'm a little impatient because this is a big issue for me right now. I just thought I would bump my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back