• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Random Writing Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
I guess I could try the trade off switch which is, "I'll review yours if you review mine."

I know several people that did that I used to do that myself long ago! Do keep in mind some people might not like that if you're only reviewing a story to get a review back, so I advise also review a story because you want to help and/or give general feedback.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I guess I could try the trade off switch which is, "I'll review yours if you review mine."

Just wanted to chime in that I've definitely felt what you're feeling. The trade-off idea is a good one. I'd also recommend just getting out there and reading and reviewing other peoples' stories. First of all, it means you've commented on someone else's work, which they will appreciate as much as you would if someone commented on your fic. Second, it makes you more visible within the community. If you post good advice and are generally helpful, people are going to notice you more and are more likely to click the link in your sig. That's a bit selfish, but let's face it: we wouldn't be posting our stuff online if we didn't want people to read it. Last but certainly not least, there's some very good fanfiction out there! You should go find and enjoy as much of it as you can, because that's kind of the point. While you're doing that, look at how other people write. Learn from their successes as well as their mistakes. Think hard about what you've enjoyed reading, and figure out how to translate that into your writing. In my experience, it's hard to write well if you don't also feed your imagination by reading.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Um, hi. I haven't been on pokecommunity for a while, but I'd like to come around again and post if I can. I used to write many one-shots and I also posted my OT journey fic, Survival Project, here years ago. Anyone remember me? Maybe? XD

Either way, good to be back and I hope to see some of you around.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I do, but then I also see you on sppf. =p Welcome back!

I've actually been kinda inactive, but I'm hoping to change that soon myself.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Yep, I remember you! You were the first person to review the Eon Chronicles when I first posted it back in 2007. Man, peeps from way back when are coming out of the woodwork these days. I'm here, Pokemon_Master_0 is posting his new fic, you're back...so good.

Now to actually write something.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Hi, bobandbill! I know you!

@txteclipse: I also saw you on the NaNoWriMo forums this year. :~)

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Hey, diamondpearl! I don't know you but I'm pretty sure I will in the coming days. Nice to meet you!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I remember you, diamondpearl! But...I also sometimes lurk SPPf as a guest, and I keep meaning to read through your new fics. I did read through Survival Project when you finished it!

Can't wait for the writing blitz, Bay! Looking forward to it and the extra burst of inspiration that comes when your fellow writers are cheering/competing!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Hey there, Diamondandpearl! I don't think I was around when you were active, but I look forward to seeing you around.

And yes! I'm so looking forward to the writing blitz, haha.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
@txteclipse: I also saw you on the NaNoWriMo forums this year. :~)

Ah, right. I knew I had talked to you recently, I just couldn't remember where, lol. How'd your fic go? I got something on the order of 19,000 words in November, then another 22,000 in April.

Also, signed up for the blitz! Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Ah, right. I knew I had talked to you recently, I just couldn't remember where, lol. How'd your fic go? I got something on the order of 19,000 words in November, then another 22,000 in April.

Also, signed up for the blitz! Looking forward to it.

Nice! I didn't really have time to do NaNoWriMo officially, but I did rewrite the entire beginning of my fic Love and Other Nightmares as well as a few new chapters.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I've tried to dedicate myself myself to NaNo in the past but I never seem to manage. I just lose steam a third of the way in. Short writing challenges are more my ball game (because I don't play any actual ball games).

Dropping in to say hello, I'm a long-time lurker and occasional poster here in FF&W. If you've read anything of mine then... You likely know that I've abandoned it. I struggle with chaptered fiction. But I will succeed with this one (maybe)!

Are one of you hosting the SWC part of the Get-together this year? I've taken part previously and remember it as a fun and rewarding experience.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I know bobandbill said that the SWC is happening this year. It's pretty much his baby of the Get-Together, so you can be sure the SWC is in capable hands!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, it should be happening as usual!

The timing may be bad for me actually in terms of participating (interstate conference during proposed GT dates really? =|), but I should have internet access anyway and judging happens afterward too. At the very worst I just can't judge, but hopefully it won't come to that!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
For sake of sharing info, the GT starting date is the 6th for about a week - probably will allow the majority of the week for entries and then the last bit and following week for judging. Bay and Nolafus is again helping with judging as well. :)

Bay

Years
Already put this on my sig, but yeah because of the SWC there won't be another Flash Fiction Week until July 21st. I have it on a two week hiatus instead of one as some people might feel overwhelmed from the other Get Together activities. But yeah, in the meantime check the SWC thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back