• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
this hack is so so so promising. i really find fire red and leafgreen bad. we are on freaking third generation. why can't you make a better r g b y game with these technology gamefreak -.-

and i must say that i am kinda fan of your work. like platonic fan :D. i really like the idea of 64x64 spriting project and your other hacks looked too damn good.

so i am full of expectations. but there is something that makes me sad about this hack. and thats the front trainer overworld sprite... it looks... so derpy. i don't really know if its only me but it looks really derpy. homever i must agree that fire red overworld sprite way more derpy but this looks that too.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
so i am full of expectations. but there is something that makes me sad about this hack. and thats the front trainer overworld sprite... it looks... so derpy. i don't really know if its only me but it looks really derpy. homever i must agree that fire red overworld sprite way more derpy but this looks that too.
That's actually not Chaos Rush's fault, he ripped the over world sprite from Emerald, so that's something you can blame on GF, haha.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
So um
smash4131.jpg

What should I do guys

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
If you can script the forme change, replace something like chimecho. If you cant script it i wouldnt bother

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
If you can script the forme change, replace something like chimecho. If you cant script it i wouldnt bother
Oh I'm not worried about forme changing at all. I'm worried about how I can fit it into DarkViolet's storyline, since I already have the entire story written out. It would kinda suck if X & Y revealed more information on Mewtwo's origin that goes completely ignored in DarkViolet.

That being said, Mewtwo's origin in DarkViolet is more or less the same as the official games:
*Mew found in Faraway Island
*Mew embryo created/cloned & DNA is tampered with
*Mew is impregnated with tampered embryo
*Mew gives birth to Mewtwo on February 6th (this is also canon in the official games, it says this on a diary at the Cinnabar Mansion)
*Mewtwo turns out to be OP and burns down the mansion

Now here's where it differs:
*Somehow ends up in Cerulean Cave many years later, also happens to have a conflict with the Birth Island Deoxys, which will be the main focus of the story in DarkViolet

And now I have to fit in somewhere,
"oh Mewtwo has an alternate forme too btw"

Even though I've said before that DarkViolet is its own canon, I also would like to mention that its more like an alternate canon that leads into official Gen V canon.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
then id say wait till we actually find out that it is in fact a mewtwo form, and not a mewthree type thing, as it was not specifically stated that it is mewtwo

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2016
First of all, this hack is phenomenal, and I really love the idea of putting a brand new spin on the games that first started the series.

As for the problem of the Mewtwo alternate form/Mewthree, you could possibly create a rebel group of former Team Rocket members that decides to use Mew's DNA to clone it one last time in order to get revenge after you pretty much destroy Team Rocket. The result could be the unknown Pokemon/form that's been released. However, as tvoza2 said, it'd probably be better to wait for more information. Plus it's your game, and considering how good it is already, we can trust you to make this new gimmick work with the rest of the story! :)

Overall, props for an amazing hack!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
then id say wait till we actually find out that it is in fact a mewtwo form, and not a mewthree type thing, as it was not specifically stated that it is mewtwo
Well, since my Mewtwo origin is almost exactly the same as the official one (the only major change is South America ---> Faraway Island), Game Freak can't contradict the backstory they've already put up. Meaning there probably won't be any contradictions with DarkViolet either...

As for the problem of the Mewtwo alternate form/Mewthree, you could possibly create a rebel group of former Team Rocket members that decides to use Mew's DNA to clone it one last time in order to get revenge after you pretty much destroy Team Rocket. The result could be the unknown Pokemon/form that's been released.)
No, I will not be doing that, because that obviously would contradict whatever Game Freak is planning with this new Mewtwo forme thing/Pokemon whatever.

I'm just going to wait for information and roll with whatever Game Freak says about this new Mewtwo-related Pokemon (or forme or whatever it could be). I'll fit it in somehow, and if reasonable, I might not fit it in at all >:D

Also I just massively improved Viridian Forest:
dq146p.png

New battle background specifically for Viridian Forest, also another Red/Green battle.

Also first screens of actual stuff happening in Pewter City:
4-4_zps772f874e.png
5-3_zpsb44be13a.png
6-1_zps0e4d2b1b.png

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Like the new background for the battle! Still shaping up to be one of the best hacks out there.

In regards to the new Mew(two forme? Three? etc.) I'd just wait 'til more info is available.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I take it that the Mansion is going be heavily altered and will have something to do with the plot of the game huh?

Nice.

Years
The best thing you could do about the new Pokemon is sit it out and see if it's just that, a new Pokemon as opposed to a new form. It could easily be a "Mewthree" (ugh), one that was created in XY region, with no prior connections to the Mewtwo we know. I say you wait to clarify that before adding anything, though that may be a while, judging on the way they've released info lately..

Anyway, just dropping by to say the screenshots look outstanding, as usual, and I can't wait to play the next version. As always if I can be of help in one way or another, feel free to call on me! :D

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hands down the best hack in subforum and definitely top 5 on the whole site. Definitely lookin' good. My favorite thing so far is the battle grounds (wish I had thought about editing the look of them as opposed to just importing the DPPtHGSS ones :P) Is there a particular reason you're using the Emerald OWs over the FR ones? just wondering.

In the case of Mewnew, I'd say hold off on it until we know its origin story. That way you can better weave it in if it's indeed related to Mewtwo.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
About the new MewNew, you can just include it in the game. You can leave him from the storyline, that's what I think.

BTW, everything's looking fine, I hope for another download link.

Back