• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
can anyone help me please...i donwloaded ash gray version beta 3.6.1 from download link posted in the first pm on this topic and i got another version ,completely different,which has nothing in common with those screenshots posted there...and that version stops when i get out of rock tunnel and it's a high hill and i can't enter lavander town...can anyone send me the real link for this version please?

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2012

You either need new ROM or first try to set Save Type to 128k in VBA, that might also be reason why it happens.
Thanks but i found a different way to play it, with vba you can rename the .ips file to the same thing the pokemon fire red ROM is and vba will load the .ips file when you load the .gba

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
If i caught a new charmander and evolved it will it still disobey me? It drives me crazy that my charmeleon can be beaten by a bulbasaur.....

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks but i found a different way to play it, with vba you can rename the .ips file to the same thing the pokemon fire red ROM is and vba will load the .ips file when you load the .gba
Yeah, that can also be done but you cannot edit anything in ROM =)
But if it works, it's okay ;)

If i caught a new charmander and evolved it will it still disobey me? It drives me crazy that my charmeleon can be beaten by a bulbasaur.....
I believe the routine is made for Charmeleon/Charizard as data in ROM not specifically the Charmeleon/Charizard you obtain.

Years
As this hack follows the anime. You should remember the same things happened with Ash's Charmeleon and Charizard till a specific episode which is still to come in this hack.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2012
Help?

Ok so I tried to use a Gameshark code to get a Sneasel to beat Sabrina. It froze my game. I reset it, and deleted the cheats, but now every time I get into a wild Pokemon battle, it freezes. It was stupid to try and cheat, but now I have no way of training my team to take on Sabrina. Is there any way around this?

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2012
Ash Gray

Hey do you know a link where i can download Pokemon ash Gray 3.61 zip for Visual Boy Advance

Thanks

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2012
My Pikachu is lvl 29 and disobeys me. Did I do something wrong? I'm up till Koga's gym.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ok so I tried to use a Gameshark code to get a Sneasel to beat Sabrina. It froze my game. I reset it, and deleted the cheats, but now every time I get into a wild Pokemon battle, it freezes. It was stupid to try and cheat, but now I have no way of training my team to take on Sabrina. Is there any way around this?
Sand Attack it and pwn it with Quick Attack. Kadabra has low defense stat so you should take advantage of that ;)

My Pikachu is lvl 29 and disobeys me. Did I do something wrong? I'm up till Koga's gym.
It sometimes happens because of routine... it should disappear soon.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
Years
Ash493, are you like part of the team who makes AshGrey? You seem to be very active on this thread.

Years
This is an awesome hack! I've seen many people try to copy the manga or TV series, but few have managed. BTW, how exactly would the hack "finish"? Would it be like the TV series too?

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
I've just saved gloom trom the gym but my pikachu still disobeys me what should i do? I tsudden reappeared after the st Anna boat mission :s

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
Can I just say that I didn't know where to go at the point when I shoulda gone to the Pokemon league and accidentally evolved Pidgeotto early. Eh.
But I was able to battle Richie, and because I'd trained so much, all my Pokemon were incredibly strong, so I defeated him easily.
I then won the League, bet the Elite Four and then won against Champion Slate. This is what Ash should have done. :D

Anyway, does anyone know when or why Metapod hasn't implemented "A Scare in the Air" and other Orange Island episodes into AshGray yet, when it clearly states they are done? Is he toruring us on purpose? :D

-Champion Ash of the Kanto Region :D

Years
I wonder, is there some advantages when pokemon like Bulbasaur, Squirtle etc. are left in their first form? Or can they even evolve actually? Just something i was wondering about before going too far, heh.

Also, great patch, I started playing it yesterday, and I really like it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
For some reason my ashgray beta 3.6.1 never ever saves?
Wrong ROM probably.

This is an awesome hack! I've seen many people try to copy the manga or TV series, but few have managed. BTW, how exactly would the hack "finish"? Would it be like the TV series too?
Hack would finish like the TV series finished =)

Anyway, does anyone know when or why Metapod hasn't implemented "A Scare in the Air" and other Orange Island episodes into AshGray yet, when it clearly states they are done? Is he toruring us on purpose? :D
Because it's clearly stated that they will be in new beta? ;)

I wonder, is there some advantages when pokemon like Bulbasaur, Squirtle etc. are left in their first form? Or can they even evolve actually? Just something i was wondering about before going too far, heh.

Also, great patch, I started playing it yesterday, and I really like it.
You will see events and you will have the good feeling that you played exactly like Satoshi did.

Back