• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

emerl98

Flame Tamer
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2021
Do I have to restart my game? Or can I use my old save file? If so how do I do it?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Well guys, i'm slowly back in action. If you check the Live Log you will see I fixed a few bugs yesterday/today. Namely the Elite Four bugs. I would like to ask everything to try the doors again as it should finally be fixed now.

I'm also looking into other things and moving through all the bugs that are reported on my database. As for thread questions, seems like Jambo51 has been taking care of lots of things! Thanks Jambo :)

thx ;)
someone know where i can check date of last live beta ?

You can check that here or using the link in the first post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2022
Really glad to see the project moving on, Crystal was one of my favorite games and with the FR/LG mechanics it has to be fantastic. Can't wait for the next beta/full release! :)

Years
Hey, I just want to put forward a quick question.
We (the LC Team) have decided upon adding the 4th Gen attacks (and ONLY the attacks - no Pokémon, no items etc) to LC to help balance out the Physical/Special Split.
Opinions?

WoW thats awesome and as far as I know you people are the first ones to do this kind of awesome thing (introducing 4th generation attacks in 3rd gen hacks) thumbs up!!!! and best of luck from me...

Years
I have a problem with the SS Aqua. So when I talk to the sailor downstairs, he says to look for his friend who is "probably goofing off" or wtvr. I found the guy, he's in one of the rooms on the main floor, but when I press the button to talk to him, nothing happens! I know he's the guy i need to talk to but it's not working. Also, when I watched a walkthrough on YouTube, it showed the father and daughter that battle, except when i go in there they don't battle. I thought this might also contribute to the bug. Can someone please help me? I'd really appreciate it!

linkandzelda

Years
I have a problem with the SS Aqua. So when I talk to the sailor downstairs, he says to look for his friend who is "probably goofing off" or wtvr. I found the guy, he's in one of the rooms on the main floor, but when I press the button to talk to him, nothing happens! I know he's the guy i need to talk to but it's not working. Also, when I watched a walkthrough on YouTube, it showed the father and daughter that battle, except when i go in there they don't battle. I thought this might also contribute to the bug. Can someone please help me? I'd really appreciate it!

I looked into this just now and, thee doesn't seem to be a problem. Have you loaded the latest Live Beta?

Here's a small question for everyone. Someone reported on the database that they didn't think the Burned Tower was "burnt" enough. So how's this for burnt?

burnt-tower-is-burnt.png

note: It's on the current Live Beta.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
I looked into this just now and, thee doesn't seem to be a problem. Have you loaded the latest Live Beta?

Here's a small question for everyone. Someone reported on the database that they didn't think the Burned Tower was "burnt" enough. So how's this for burnt?

Looks sufficient, lol. Btw, have you looked into the Lapras and flute/pedestal glitches?

Years

burnt-tower-is-burnt.png

Isnt beta 3.1 the most recent beta? Emphasize the word "live" beta. what are you talking about live? is this live beta in the beginning of the thread with the downloads?

linkandzelda

Years

Isnt beta 3.1 the most recent beta? Emphasize the word "live" beta. what are you talking about live? is this live beta in the beginning of the thread with the downloads?

Seems like you don't know what the Live Beta is. Well I can't explain it again so please read the first post to get as much information as possible. Also, read the description of the Live Beta download link on my site.

Years
Finally I am getting close to going to the orange islands, though I have to save a lot since the emulator seems to want to freeze on me or some other things.

TBH though the levels of the wild pokemon in Kanto should be raised.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
Can someone please explain me why Zapdos is fleeing, before I can fight him ?

I looked it up on Youtube and just EVERYONE seems to be able to fight against him. Everytime I talk to it, it seems to react.. but then it just gets the hell out of there.

As I want to catch him, I want to know what I got to do, so it fights against me ?

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
So, does the radio for the pokegear like it did in the original or are there still bugs. Also how do you call people.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Hey, just checking in on this again after a couple of years - great to see the progress you've made! I'll have to grab the live beta once i finish off my long put off fire red game.

just wondering what the situation was on the weather front (no pun intended...). last time i resorted to hex editing the script out of the rom as much as I could as the weather was rediculous - constant sand storms and hail storms no matter where you were - looking at the current screenshots however, it still seems every out doors area has some kind of weather effect.

its my understanding the weather is currently seasonal - this is a great feature! my only concern still is the frequency - is there always some kind of weather effect? or is the majority of the game now with 'clear' weather. is there still the bizarre situation where going in and out of a house a couple of times will result in a different weather effect every time?

cheers! hope things are progressing, and sorry to pick up on the only notiable blemish on an otherwise stunning remake!

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
Physical and Special Split?

Hmm... the Physical and Special split is a little bit off. I don't consider this a bug though. Proof, I recently got a mankey in my team, and scratch does absolutely nothing. He is adamant nature with 33 Attack. I leered the pokemon to test it out, and after 6 leers, scratch still did nothing

linkandzelda

Years
Can someone please explain me why Zapdos is fleeing, before I can fight him ?

I looked it up on Youtube and just EVERYONE seems to be able to fight against him. Everytime I talk to it, it seems to react.. but then it just gets the hell out of there.

As I want to catch him, I want to know what I got to do, so it fights against me ?

In beta 2.1 that's how things went down. You got to fight him on top. In 3.1 I changed the events so he flees. As for where to catch him, you can check the majority of the thread to find out how it works.

So, does the radio for the pokegear like it did in the original or are there still bugs. Also how do you call people.

The pokegear is not "functional" in this beta. You get story based calls from people but you can't use it to call people, and you can't collect numbers. You also can't use the radio. In a later beta you will be able to use these features.

What are your plans for the final beta?

Secrets, secrets and more secrets.

Hey, just checking in on this again after a couple of years - great to see the progress you've made! I'll have to grab the live beta once i finish off my long put off fire red game.

just wondering what the situation was on the weather front (no pun intended...). last time i resorted to hex editing the script out of the rom as much as I could as the weather was rediculous - constant sand storms and hail storms no matter where you were - looking at the current screenshots however, it still seems every out doors area has some kind of weather effect.

its my understanding the weather is currently seasonal - this is a great feature! my only concern still is the frequency - is there always some kind of weather effect? or is the majority of the game now with 'clear' weather. is there still the bizarre situation where going in and out of a house a couple of times will result in a different weather effect every time?

cheers! hope things are progressing, and sorry to pick up on the only notiable blemish on an otherwise stunning remake!

In 2.1 the weather algorithm was in early stages and literally it changed EVERY time you refreshed a map. In 3.1 i improved it to make it seasonal (based on japanese weathers). I also made it stay on its weather for a while. Like if it starts raining the odds that it keeps raining is much higher. I also made the weather transitions better so that it doesn't have sudden weather changes. In fact, it should be raining quite a bit now for people IIRC. But this is only algorithm version 2. Soon, I'll make it time based so it will stay on the correct weather *definitely* for a randomly set period of time. This will help again to stop with the weather changing all the time.

Hmm... the Physical and Special split is a little bit off. I don't consider this a bug though. Proof, I recently got a mankey in my team, and scratch does absolutely nothing. He is adamant nature with 33 Attack. I leered the pokemon to test it out, and after 6 leers, scratch still did nothing

This sounds like a bug that happened in the "official release" of 3.1. Have you tried the Live Beta?

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Hey LaZ,

Have you seen the large list of Moveset errors I made for you on Page 77? From what I understand, editing that kind of stuff is pretty easy and I wanted to make sure you saw it since I did spend some time to do it... hell I'll just repost it.

Venusaur family:
- Should be able to learn Sleep Powder.

Charizard family:
- Should be able to learn Solar Beam.

Fearow family:
- Spearow can learn Rollout, Fearow cannot. I assume Spearow should not be able to learn Rollout.

Crobat family:
- Should be able to learn Sludge Bomb.

Vileplume family:
- Should be able to learn Sleep Powder (this includes Bellossom).

Parasect family:
- Paras can learn Thief and Fury Cutter while Parasect cannot.

Golduck family:
- Psyduck can learn Rollout, Golduck cannot.

Primeape family:
- Mankey can learn Sleep Talk, Primeape cannot.

Poliwrath family:
- Poliwag can learn the following moves its evolved forms can't: Dig, Dream Eater, Zap Cannon.

Victreebel family:
- Should be able to learn Sleep Powder (seems to be a recurring problem for Grass-types)
- Victreebel can't learn Endure, while its pre-evolved versions can.

Golem family:
- I noticed it can learn Aerial Ace through move tutor (as a Graveller)... are you sure this should be able to happen... ?

Magneton family:
- Magneton can't learn Frustration (Magnemite can).

Farfetch'd:
- Farfetch'd can learn Sleep Powder ... ?

Gengar family:
- Should be able to learn Sludge Bomb. (In the 17 Type masters, the Ghost user's Gengar knows Sludge Bomb)
- Should Gengar really be able to learn Sleep Powder?

Hypno family:
- Hypno can't learn Thief, but Drowzee can.

Lickitung:
- Can learn Sleep Powder... ?

Weezing family:
- Weezing can't learn Sunny Day, but Koffing can.

Exeggutor family:

Starmie family:
- Noticed that it can't learn Ice Beam or Thunderbolt through Move tutor, while it almost certainly should. (In fact, in the 17 Type masters, the Water master's Starmie has both moves)

Kingdra family:
- Kingdra can't learn [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]Whirlpool[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] while Seadra and Horsea can.

Meganium family:
- PROBABLY should be able to learn Sleep Powder. He has never been able to learn it in-game, but since its a TM I feel ike it should be included (a TCG card of Chikorita has Sleep Powder, in fact). Interestingly enough, BAYLEAF can learn Sleep Powder already but not Chikorita or Meganium!
- Going with the above, Bayleaf can learn Fury Cutter while Meganium cannot.
- Only Meganium can learn Attract, but they all probably should be able to.
- Meganium shouldn't be able to learn Icy Wind.

Eevee family:
- The only Eeveelution able to learn Dig right now is Espeon. They probably all should be able to.

Feraligatr family:
- Croconaw can't learn Toxic, while Feraligatr and Totodile can.

Typhlosion family:
- Someone reported elsewhere that Typhlosion is compatible with Ice Beam which probably should NOT be the case. But this is unconfirmed by me.

Togetic family:
- Togepi can learn Rock Smash, but not Togetic.

Xatu family:
- Natu can learn Shadow Ball, but not Xatu..?
- Same thing with Sleep Talk.

Azumarill family:
- Marill can learn Icy Wind, but Azumarill cannot.

Sudowoodo:
- Probably shouldn't be able to learn Sleep Powder.

Jumpluff family:
- Once again, should be able to learn Sleep Powder.

Sunflora family:
- Probably shouldn't be able to learn Icy Wind.

Girafarig / Miltank / Suicune / Lugia / Ho-oh:
- Probably shouldn't be able to learn Sleep Powder. I think this error comes from the TM being Psych Up in G/S/C while it is Sleep Powder in Liquid Crystal. Perhaps instead of all these Sleep Powder errors, you should change the move to Psych Up?

Didn't check all the RSE Pokemon cause I don't care enough.

Great hack, I just want to help make it better. :)

Back