The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old June 15th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Sceptylos's Avatar
Sceptylos
Saint
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: France
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Sceptylos
I've been on this for about 2 days and I'm starting to lose hope, what I'm trying to do is make a Team Rocket Grunt escort the player to a little corner in Viridian Forest then battle him but all I can do right now is make him talk, the movement script doesn't work (pretty sure I'm doing it wrong even though I copy/pasted and edited) and I haven't inserted the trainer battle yet.

Code:
#dynamic 0x74000
#org @start
lockall
checkflag 0x1227
if true jump :end
message @a3
callstd MSG_NORMAL
applymovement 0x13 @a1
applymovement 0x13 @a2
pauseevent 0x0
disappear 0x13
setflag 0x1227
:end
releaseall
end

#org @a3
= Hello young one, allow me to escort \nyou through this dangerous forest!

#org @a1
M look_up say_! end

#org @a2
M walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left end
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #177    
Old October 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
superluke's Avatar
superluke
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
what is wrong with this script?
when ever I run no matter how much money I have it will take all my money away or,
it will just not work at all.

#dyn 0x740000
#org @Main
lock
faceplayer
showmoney 0x0 0x0
message @First
callstd MSG_Normal
paymoney 1000 0
pause 0xF
updatemoney 0 0 0
message @Second
callstd MSG_Normal
hidemoney 0 0
release
end

#org @First
= You lost money.

#org @Second
= Hahaha.
Reply With Quote
  #178    
Old December 20th, 2013, 09:04 PM
bitelaserkhalif's Avatar
bitelaserkhalif
BITE LASER wants to fight!
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Indonesia || Jakarta
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Errm..Thanks for tutorial, most of them is working fine.

WAIT!
I have another question.
First, how to trigger script like in Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town?(This meant stepping on scripted title will trigger wild pokemon battle.)
I had tried using script generator, and the game frozen even i had inserted release all, why?

Second, How to creating Interact to battle?(wild battle like articuno on FRLG, and it's on pokemon emerald; I dont know where is an unused flag ones in pokemon emerald).
__________________
I'm active only in holiday.
Rarely I will
respond for PM's.

Last edited by bitelaserkhalif; December 25th, 2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: want other question and don't want banned(preventing 2 posting)
Reply With Quote
  #179    
Old January 15th, 2014, 11:37 AM
TeunCornflakes's Avatar
TeunCornflakes
Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: the Netherlands
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Hey, tutorials like this are really great and everything, but I just don't know how to put it into the game.
Say, I just want to change what Mom says the first time in FireRed. I know what to write, but how to save it into the ROM?
__________________

Noctis is coming.
LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Emerald, Diamond/Platinum, White, Y
Reply With Quote
  #180    
Old April 16th, 2014, 10:59 AM
DealNotTheDevil
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Hi guys!

Great tutorial!

Anyway,
I've found out how to change music for any battles I set
(example playsound 0x228 0x228),

But is there any way to change music for random wild battles.

(I intend to use to "load map" script).

I couldn't find it, even after using google. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #181    
Old April 21st, 2014, 03:19 PM
ContestTrainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Hey does anyone have any idea on how to fix my script I can't get Ethan to say the start of it and all he does is give me the egg (repetitively if i keep talking to him) and says please take care of it... also how do I get his text to fit in the box, all it does is mush over the first words! (What I want to happen with this is him say these lines msgbox 0x87558A1 msgbox 0x87558DE msgbox 0x8755910 then give egg then say #org 0x8755961 on repeat without saying anything else or giving me the egg)

#org 0x8755880
'-----------------------------------
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x87558A1 ' Ethan: O-Oh! Your \v...
msgbox 0x87558DE ' Then why are you her...
msgbox 0x8755910 ' Then take this Egg I...
giveegg 0x74
msgbox 0x8755961 ' Take good care of it...
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
release
end


#org 0x87558A1
= Ethan: O-Oh! Your \v\h01, right? U-Uh... Hi! U-Um? Are you lost?

#org 0x87558DE
= Then why are you here? Just exploring? Well um...

#org 0x8755910
= Then take this Egg I found, My Mom said it needs to be with a trainer anyways...

#org 0x8755961
= Take good care of it ok? Please vist so I can see it!

~Thank You in advance!~
Reply With Quote
  #182    
Old April 23rd, 2014, 01:55 AM
Christos's Avatar
Christos
Project Shinx
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Spain, Went's room
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContestTrainer View Post
Hey does anyone have any idea on how to fix my script I can't get Ethan to say the start of it and all he does is give me the egg (repetitively if i keep talking to him) and says please take care of it... also how do I get his text to fit in the box, all it does is mush over the first words! (What I want to happen with this is him say these lines msgbox 0x87558A1 msgbox 0x87558DE msgbox 0x8755910 then give egg then say #org 0x8755961 on repeat without saying anything else or giving me the egg)

#org 0x8755880
'-----------------------------------
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x87558A1 ' Ethan: O-Oh! Your \v...
msgbox 0x87558DE ' Then why are you her...
msgbox 0x8755910 ' Then take this Egg I...
giveegg 0x74
msgbox 0x8755961 ' Take good care of it...
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
release
end


#org 0x87558A1
= Ethan: O-Oh! Your \v\h01, right? U-Uh... Hi! U-Um? Are you lost?

#org 0x87558DE
= Then why are you here? Just exploring? Well um...

#org 0x8755910
= Then take this Egg I found, My Mom said it needs to be with a trainer anyways...

#org 0x8755961
= Take good care of it ok? Please vist so I can see it!

~Thank You in advance!~
You're going to need a "callstd" command after each msgbox command, otherwise the text won't show.
As for the text, you can use \n, \l and \p to divide it in lines, and boxes, check the first post for more information on that.

Now, for the egg to only be given to you once, you'll have to set a flag after the egg is given, and then check for the flag at the beginning of the script, so that it skips the giveegg part.

For example:
Code:
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x254
if 0x0 goto 0x[your script with a setflag 0x254 command in it]
msgbox 0x[text for the NPC when you talk to him again]
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end
__________________
I DON'T HAVE THE POKECOMMUNITY VIRUS(ALSO KNOW AS PC VIRUSE)
What I mean by this is, I'm not strict like MOST people *cough* Admins/Mods *cough* on this site. And no not all Admins/Mods are like that, but MOST are,
Post this in your sign. if you are PC Viruse free!
Reply With Quote
  #183    
Old April 23rd, 2014, 02:04 AM
The Void's Avatar
The Void
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Aboard the ship of Theseus
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DealNotTheDevil View Post
Hi guys!

Great tutorial!

Anyway,
I've found out how to change music for any battles I set
(example playsound 0x228 0x228),

But is there any way to change music for random wild battles.

(I intend to use to "load map" script).

I couldn't find it, even after using google. Thanks!
AdvanceMap has this option in the Header option of any map.
Reply With Quote
  #184    
Old April 25th, 2014, 12:42 PM
faintster
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Gender: Male
i need help i put followed every tutorial down to the t and when i talk to my person nothing happens it just beeps please help

nevermind i just need to update my programs this is getting easier just take time i guess i really need to
want to get this down

Last edited by Christos; April 26th, 2014 at 12:39 AM. Reason: merged (double post)
Reply With Quote
  #185    
Old April 30th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Whitney's Shaymin's Avatar
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Goldenrod, Johto
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Hey guys, ive been trying to get a roadblock in the starting town but he won't talk to me. (all I hear is a beep) Here's my script.

#org 0x8740000
'-----------------------------------
#raw 0xFF
lockall
checkflag 0x291
if true jump 0x8740048 ' Flag is set
message 0x8740014 ' I'm sorry, the road ...
showmsg
waitbutton
releaseall
end

#org 0x8740048
'-----------------------------------
message 0x874005C ' I'm sorry, th-\pOh r...
showmsg
waitbutton
fadescreen FADEOUT_WHITE
closemsg
disappear 0x2C
setflag 0x291
fadescreen FADEIN_WHITE
releaseall
end


#org 0x8740014
= I'm sorry, the road is closed\nuntil further notice.

#org 0x874005C
= I'm sorry, th-\pOh right!\nThe construction just finished\lyesterday[.]
__________________


"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Reply With Quote
  #186    
Old May 23rd, 2014, 10:31 PM
Oddball20007's Avatar
Oddball20007
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I am the darkness inside the souls of kings. I am the executor.
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Hello! Its 30 minutes till midnight here and I have had a very busy night, so I'm tired and can't be bothered with looking through pages 2-7 to check and see if this has been answered soooooo...
I use the automatic script generator, now in AdvanceMap there is an offset tab, but the 0x740000, or whatever it comes up with doesn't work in the tab, and when I try and imput something that makes sense to me (Like just 740000 or whatever, I do make sure its the correct numbers when I put it in BTW) It turns into 74000074 or something to that effect. If possible screenshots would be lovely, otherwise can you put it into terms that make it so easy a caveman can do it? (I had to get some sort of reference into my post. :3)
__________________
Skype: Oddball20007

PARTY: Lucario LV100, Altaria LV100, Zoroark LV 58, Gyrados LV30
Reply With Quote
  #187    
Old May 23rd, 2014, 10:50 PM
The Void's Avatar
The Void
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Aboard the ship of Theseus
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddball20007 View Post
Hello! Its 30 minutes till midnight here and I have had a very busy night, so I'm tired and can't be bothered with looking through pages 2-7 to check and see if this has been answered soooooo...
I use the automatic script generator, now in AdvanceMap there is an offset tab, but the 0x740000, or whatever it comes up with doesn't work in the tab, and when I try and imput something that makes sense to me (Like just 740000 or whatever, I do make sure its the correct numbers when I put it in BTW) It turns into 74000074 or something to that effect. If possible screenshots would be lovely, otherwise can you put it into terms that make it so easy a caveman can do it? (I had to get some sort of reference into my post. :3)
If you're using the latest version of AdvanceMap, be sure to remove the first two zero's. Also, you should remove '0x' in the offset.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.