• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2015
In Fire Red I choose Charmander every time. In Emerald I choose Torchic. Sometimes I play with Treecko such as when I am doing a Nuzlocke.

Years
In RSE I chose Mudkip for my first playthrough ever. He did wonders! In FRLG, I think I picked Bulbasaur.. terrible memory though for some reason, could be wrong.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Charmander an treeko. I probably would have chosen torchic if l knew what the finally evos were before hand.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Torchic because I was a big fire-type fan back then and I loved every fire starter in the past games.
in FR/LG I chose Charmander again because like I said, fire types lol. Plus his flamethrower is OP.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I chose Charmander in FR/LG. I've always liked the Charizard family line. :3
I chose Treeko in R/S/E. I don't really know why, either. I guess I had never tried a grass starter before- Charmander in RBY, Totodile in GSC, and then Treecko in RSE.

RenegadeClyde

....'-'.
Years
RSE: In Ruby/Sapphire I always choose Torchic. I think I've started Sapphire once with Mudkip, but I always liked Torchic's evolutionary line. (Blaziken4Life.) In Emerald, I've chosen treecko. I finally could have a Grass type with nice speed and offensive stats. Also, Leaf Blade.

FR/LG: I've played Leafgreen first, and chosen Squirtle. In FireRed, Bulbasaur.

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2013
Mudkip! :D

I don't know why I always loved Mudkip, I choose it everytime...

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Mudkip in Sapphire Version
Charmander in FireRed Version

I still remember being so excited for my first Mudkip, I saw a little Nintendo magazine with them before the games were released and fell in love with it instantly.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
I chose Mudkip and Charmander and the only reason I chose those is bc my cousin was my rival and his favs were Torchic and Squirtle so yea

tbuggy10

Scarlet Weavile
Years
When I played my big brother's GBA, (I was 4 yrs old) He let me play his Pokemon Ruby I picked Mudkip (because it's cute) and I nicknamed it "BUDDY". It's weird...My big bro nicknamed it the exact same thing! IT WAS DESTINY!!! Now, i'm 11, I've recently played a Pokemon Fire Red ROM and I love cute things...so, I chose Squirtle! Squirtle is my fave Kanto starter.

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Torchic, Bulbasaur. Cuz Torchic is awesome, and Bulbasaur was the logical choice for the first two gyms.

Back