• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
That goes in the script help thread but itz probably because youre not using free space

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2017
My bad for putting it in the wrong place, but when I use FSF and try to put the offset in it tells me that the offset isn't a valid integer.

Never mind, the problem's fixed. I didn't realize FSF needed to be in the same folder as XSE

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Is that what you did in your hack too?

Hey in your hack's screenshots, the grass is also animated am I right? When the player steps on it, does it play a different animation, stop moving, or just go on with the animation?

Yes I did.

The grass is animated same way as the trees, but has its behavior byte set as a normal grass tile.
Thus stepping on it, it will be ainmated and the hero will have the wild grass animation as normal.
Nothing got changed, the grass has it normal aniamtion that you are able to edit in NSE, just the animation playing in the background.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
This has been asked various times, but never answered, from what I've searched.

Does anyone know how to set a Pokemon to start roaming in Ruby? (Like Lati@s) I can't find a script of any sort that points to it and I can't find a way to just edit Latios not being the roamer at all.

Basically, does anyone know how to make a Pokemon start roaming and if not how to replace Latios being the roamer?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
This has been asked various times, but never answered, from what I've searched.

Does anyone know how to set a Pokemon to start roaming in Ruby? (Like Lati@s) I can't find a script of any sort that points to it and I can't find a way to just edit Latios not being the roamer at all.

Basically, does anyone know how to make a Pokemon start roaming and if not how to replace Latios being the roamer?

We have extensive knowledge of this in FR, but almost none in RSE. It is most likely a special, (it is in FR) used right after or during the script in the home where your mom talks about the big, rare pokemon that was spotted, which releases lati@s. I have nothing more to say or know about it.

---
Fun Fact: Game Freak lied multiple times in FR claiming that the Jhoto beasts were released after beating the Elite Four. This is FALSE. They in fact are released after giving Cielo both the Ruby and Saphhire on One Island. I found this out while answering a question a while back:p.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
The gender varies from what gender the pokemon you are going to trade.

For example you gave a Male Spearow for a Farfetch'd then you will get a male Farfetch'd. It's that simple. ;)

This is not correct for a few reasons:

1. Bulbapedia says that received Pokemon (at least in FireRed) have a fixed gender
2. Some of the nicknames given to received Pokemon have very strong feminine or masculine connotations, so it doesn't make sense that the received Pokemon's gender isn't fixed
3. I just traded a female Onix for a male Sudowoodo in my edited ROM.

Thanks for trying to help, though.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years

1. Bulbapedia says that received Pokemon (at least in FireRed) have a fixed gender
2. Some of the nicknames given to received Pokemon have very strong feminine or masculine connotations, so it doesn't make sense that the received Pokemon's gender isn't fixed

Well if you're not gonna have that Pokemon in the game I'd say edit the Gender probability in Yape or in PGE to always male or female if you want.

Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2017
Is there a way to disable fly for an area via a script? For example:
you're in a town that is overrun by enemy team grunts, you need to fight your way through them and can't use fly to escape for whatever reason. However, when you return to the area later, the grunts are gone and you can fly there again.

Is there a way to do this? Or am I better off just leaving it? I know how to make the grunts disappear etc :P Oh an I'll be hacking Emerald.

Also, is it possible to do a double battle with an allied trainer? Like with lance in the team rocket hideout in G/S/C??

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I Renew my questions about.

1. Add Pokedex Entries for Empty Place Holders (252-276)
2. Add New Cry Pointers for Empty Place Holders.

But This time i want add it to Pokemon Emerald.

And the answer is the same as the one I gave before. Emerald uses almost exactly the same code as Ruby and Sapphire to operate the Pokédex.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2021
Hi there, I started a Rom Hack a while ago (Ruby) and I recently ran into a bit of a problem.

When viewing my maps in Advanced Map they all display correctly but when playing the Rom a lot of the colours seem to be messed up and I've tried everything I can think of short of restarting from an earlier backup.

Any ideas what might be going on?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

From my knowledge, I would say that it is randomly based on a givepokemon script. However, I have three more theorys:

1) A pokemon is created in slot one of where the opossing trainer's pokemon are stored during a battle. This pokemon is created and then nicknamed and then put in your party.

2) The pokemon is given to you, and then the game edits the nickname and gives it the proper hold item.

3) The whole pokemon's data is stored in the rom somewhere and it is just copied into your party.

If you could discover which it is, then you could manipulate the checksum and PID to force it to be a certain gender using ASM, or in the last case, just changeing some hex bytes.

As I said, these are just theorys, but one of them has got to work.

Is there a way to disable fly for an area via a script? For example:
you're in a town that is overrun by enemy team grunts, you need to fight your way through them and can't use fly to escape for whatever reason. However, when you return to the area later, the grunts are gone and you can fly there again.

Is there a way to do this? Or am I better off just leaving it? I know how to make the grunts disappear etc :P Oh an I'll be hacking Emerald.

Also, is it possible to do a double battle with an allied trainer? Like with lance in the team rocket hideout in G/S/C??

Well, to prevent leaving the town by fly, you could run a map script which, when a flag is set (grunts are in the town) uses a simple ASM routine (very, very simple actually) to change the maps type for the time being to indoor. Then you can't fly!

To prevent people from flying to the town, you need to clear the map flags associated with the fly location of said town, which you can reset later.

I have no idea about the battle, but I think not.

I Renew my questions about.

1. Add Pokedex Entries for Empty Place Holders (252-276)
2. Add New Cry Pointers for Empty Place Holders.

But This time i want add it to Pokemon Emerald.

And the answer is the same as the one I gave before. Emerald uses almost exactly the same code as Ruby and Sapphire to operate the Pokédex.

Jambo, I love you:p, lol.

Hi there, I started a Rom Hack a while ago (Ruby) and I recently ran into a bit of a problem.

When viewing my maps in Advanced Map they all display correctly but when playing the Rom a lot of the colours seem to be messed up and I've tried everything I can think of short of restarting from an earlier backup.

Any ideas what might be going on?

I believe that you may have corrupted the map palettes, which you can restore, but it will take some time and effort. The best and easiest way is to go back to a back-up and make them quite frequently.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Is there a way to make a scenery with a picture covering the whole screen of a Pokemon Emerald? Like the usage of pokepic script but covering the whole screen or making the pokepic box larger?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Is there a way to make a scenery with a picture covering the whole screen of a Pokemon Emerald? Like the usage of pokepic script but covering the whole screen or making the pokepic box larger?

No, not without some complex ASM. Showpokepic uses sprites, the maximum size of which is 64x64 pixels on a GBA.

The only way to do such a thing involves tile sets and tile maps and some ASM to control its display.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
No, not without some complex ASM. Showpokepic uses sprites, the maximum size of which is 64x64 pixels on a GBA.

The only way to do such a thing involves tile sets and tile maps and some ASM to control its display.

It's also possible for FR right?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Ah yes I have a copy of that page in here with me. Even the one about adding 255 Diplomas. But can't we do something like display them order to make an illusion of animation without the press of a button?

Like this:
Display diploma1
Display diploma2
etc.

Just without pressing a button.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Ah yes I have a copy of that page in here with me. Even the one about adding 255 Diplomas. But can't we do something like display them order to make an illusion of animation without the press of a button?

Like this:
Display diploma1
Display diploma2
etc.

Just without pressing a button.

Huh, what do you mean by without pressing a button? How are you gonna activate something without pressing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back