• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do R4i work

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Hey
I just bought a R4i online and I want to know if it comes with a micro SD card, I read the information but it saids what it features it didn't say what it comes with and is it easy to set up?

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
I've never used an R4i, but I have used an AceKard2i. Assuming both use MicroSD cards, then it should be fairly easy to set up. All you have to do is plug in the MicroSD card to your computer via a USB cable (with an input for mSD) or a SD card adapter and drag the files from your computer to the MicroSD card.

If it doesn't come with a MicroSD card, you can get a good 4GB SanDisk (<--Best brand, IMO) for pretty cheap.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
ok thanks, it's part of the feature so you think it would come with a Micro SD card.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
From what I've read, it doesn't include an actual MicroSD card, but it includes an adapter for it. I'd just go to a local Walmart/Electronics store and get a MicroSD card there. Although, wait until the R4i card arrives (if you've ordered it already) and see if there's one with it. I really can't tell from the page.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Thanks for your help I sent a message on that site asking if it comes with a MicroSD card, will any electronic store have them, I am from Australia and have never seen microSD cards in a store.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
Thanks for your help I sent a message on that site asking if it comes with a MicroSD card, will any electronic store have them, I am from Australia and have never seen microSD cards in a store.

Then clearly, you aren't looking hard enough. You can usually find them in the technological sections of stores.

No flashcarts come with MicroSD memory cards unless the store specifically has a special deal.

Eon-Rider

Years
Well, do you have a local Walmart/Best Buy/Circuit City? Of course you can always order one online as well.

Australia doesn't have any of those stores. All normal retail stores in Australia carry MicroSD cards such as Target, Big W, Myer, Dick Smith Electronics (duh?) etc.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Your attitude isn't helping, I am not surprise you are from sydney, I am from Melbourne so be a bit more respectful with your words.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
I'm sorry you are offended, saying stuff like I am not looking hard enough or duh doesn't help me so it doesn't need to be said.
You have been helpful just leave out the stuff I said above.

Eon-Rider

Years
I'm sorry you are offended, saying stuff like I am not looking hard enough or duh doesn't help me so it doesn't need to be said.

It doesn't need to be said but I felt the need to say it because you stated that you've never seen them in stores. If your statement doesn't help me help you then why did you post it? The "duh?" wasn't even intended with an attitude. This is the internet. This is how many people on the internet talk.

Since you seem to have left the quarrel, I guess I will as well. I apologise for my supposedly offensive post. ;)

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
You have helped me so thank you we will leave it at that.
look mate it wasn't that bad, don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Back