• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
[a id]main[/a id]

Contents
46.png

[alink id="do"]Do's[/alink id]
[alink id="dont"]Don'ts[/alink id]

Game Development Screenshot Showcase

This thread is for all purposes intended to be a place where developers wishing only to show off individual screenshots can do so.

When posting a screenshot

Remember to follow the Game Development rules as well, when posting here!

[a id]do[/a id]

Do's

• Request feedback on your posted screenshots.
  • Provide constructive feedback to other members.

[a id]dont[/a id]

Don'ts

• Provide poor feedback. Make sure your feedback is useful!
  • Responding only with "It's good!", "Keep up the good work!", etc.
    That does not help the developer at all
Remember to provide a concise explanation to go along with your screenshot!

[alink id=main]Top[/alink id]Revised thread written by [url-inline=member.php?u=160]Avatar[/url-inline].
Some parts rewritten from older thread, by [url-inline=member.php?u=1422]Berserk[/url-inline].

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
capture012bf0.png
:

This is an implementation of an IV check system. It works by obtaining a mystery gift given out at certain events. Without it, it displays a message telling you to get the mystery gift, but with it, you will find out whether your Pokémon have good or bad IVs. My Bayleef appears to have appalling ones.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Wow that looks official! Even though I don't have a clue what IV's are...

Well if you do want to know what IVs are, just go to the game mechanics section of serebii.net. Also, I agree with you in that it does look pretty official. (Although the vertical gradient does take away from that official look)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Pretty good, except the IVs aren't lined up... For example, the Sp. Atk IV appears too far to the right, while Speed is too far left.

Oh, and have you taken into consideration that the IVs are stored in the order [HP,Atk,Def,Speed,Sp.Atk,Sp.Def], but displayed in the order [HP,Atk,Def,Sp.Atk,Sp.Def,Speed]?

Well, here's a couple of screens to show I'm still working on Amethyst:
Screenshot085.png

New Shinx back sprite.
Screenshot081.png

Trainer customization, with the 3rd version of the female trainer sprite.

Comments?

Ionic

God of nothing
Years
Very impressive maybe a darker color for the trainer customization menu..It needs to stand out a bit more with it being the menu.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I made a new shiny and reverse animation.
ShinyReverse.gif

Not the best quality, and there's a bit of frame skip on the shiny one, but it normally runs at the same speed as the reverse one.

Any comments? Do you like the animation, or should I change it?

Oh, and the bitmap for the particles isn't finalized yet. I'll probably change it to a star or something.

EDIT: It now works in battle, too. But it shows up in the wrong place :|

EDIT2: Fixed. It works perfectly now.

Last edited:

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
Years
Dang it, I can't sprite nearly as good as you..
I've tried, and failed, 124 times in a row =p
That screenie deserves 9/10!
9 was because..
nevermind.
10/10!
...I am totally going to support that game...
...but WHY IS THAT SHINX BLACK?!
You should make 2nd or third frame animations...
wait, is that game a hack?
or is it from scratch?
If it's from scratch, I say you should try to make 2nd or more animations. Give us that GSC feel. =p
If it's hacked..
Well, If it's hacked, it would..
if it's hacked, that animations fine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
If you've read the thread, you'll know I'm having another alternate colouring, called reverse Pokémon.

I'm probably not going to have animations - do you know how long it would take to do it for every single Pokémon?
But then again, if I keep them quite simple, like on Crystal, I might be able to do it...

And the 'bounce' isn't a separate animation for Shinx - it happens on FireRed and LeafGreen when you check the summary of any Pokémon.

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
Years
Oh, Thanks for clearing that up..
I haven't played "much" firered and such..
Ehh..
The "crystal" animations were what I meant..
That in a good graphics game..would give me a warm fuzzy.
=p
.......uh..
well, I may as well post something..(I guess..)

...If I knew how to post "images".
Um..
Nice screenshot..

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years
battleshotly8.png

Danananananana~
What we have here is a panning background with an intro effect. Other examples are grass and rocks, not just motion lines. :B
Thankfully it works with small screen size, probably not with the bordered ones, but I removed them from options anywho. (Reason it'd probably not work is due to my commenting out of the line that handles the viewport.x )
Wasn't that hard to add... just needed to do a lot of optimising to get it to look good. XD

Next, Pokemon stats and a new Pokegear thingy!

With thorough messing about with the Pokemon Essentials kit, I think I can say I don't want to ever have to update. D:

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years
screenbattlest4.jpg

Yay for original battle stat boxes.

Experimenting with backgrounds. I want to make a sort of anime style one but I can't digital "paint" very well. :< (The anime backgrounds have a painted quality at times.)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Much better. Thats awesome looking. I have a feeling because of Platinum that alot of fan games will use the dark HP boxs and might be over used.. But it does look really neat ha.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
screenbattlest4.jpg

Yay for original battle stat boxes.

Experimenting with backgrounds. I want to make a sort of anime style one but I can't digital "paint" very well. :< (The anime backgrounds have a painted quality at times.)

They have a painted quality because they are painted. It's a common thing for anime to have handpainted backgrounds. (Some of the most skillful anime is by Miyazaki, who has a tendency to do as much of his work by hand as he can)

Years
Having a little time on my hands I decided to rip and compile a tileset consisting of interior items from Pokemon Garden.

I've used it to create a Pokemon Center.
pokecenter1.png
pokecenter2.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
As I've mentioned, it's nice. Very hospital like I must say, and your arrangement is good.

However, isn't the blue on the tabletops a bit too strong or sharp? It works, but it just seems weird. Also, Erik mentioned the couch, and it might be a good idea to consider changing the PC.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It looks too clinical... Aren't Pokémon Centres supposed to look warm and inviting? And I agree with Amachi about the tables...

But, I like the way you can see the edges of the ground floor from the floor above. It looks really nice!

That reminds me, I've got to post one of my own :P

Before blaming me for stealing ideas from Pokémon Raptor, I'd just like to say that I made this before OG announced that he would be including a ring menu. You can ask Archayos; I showed it to him first.

Behold: Pokémon Amethyst's new menu system!
Screenshot118.png

It's not finished yet, as I still have placeholder icons for the Bag, PokéGear/Nav replacement, and Trainer Card. I'll probably make another Exit icon too.

Anyway, should I keep it there, or move it to the bottom? It's currently obscuring the player :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back