• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Massive multiplayer online

Status
Not open for further replies.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Whoa O_O

This is so awesome! Your tiles are great, your fakemon are great, your mapping is great...

I can't wait for this!

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
i love this game mostly due to the tiles and the pokemon which makes...everything. But like my other suggestion i truly think that you should save your tiles as a jpeg. I think i saw some of you climate tiles somewhere. im not quite sure but if i find them i will pm u. Good luck

Years
i love this game mostly due to the tiles and the pokemon which makes...everything. But like my other suggestion i truly think that you should save your tiles as a jpeg. I think i saw some of you climate tiles somewhere. im not quite sure but if i find them i will pm u. Good luck

PNG files are used for graphics like the ones used in game. I am unsure if a jpeg image can have transparency as well.

From Wikipedia: "On the other hand, JPEG is not as well suited for line drawings and other textual or iconic graphics, where the sharp contrasts between adjacent pixels cause noticeable artifacts. Such images are better saved in TIFF format (for local usage) or in GIF or PNG format (for web usage)."

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
No original Pokemon? I'm confused and I don't think anybody will understand why.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I think we're getting the word 'original' mixed up here. TheAbsol meant original as in 'original 493', which you've misinterpreted... But yeah, no official Pokémon is odd. You may as well just stop using the name 'Pokémon' if you don't actually have any :P

Oh, and DamianLeonhart, he means for the example screenshots, so people can't rip the graphics from those.

Years
As long as the spriting style matches the original style, then it are fake-pokemon.
So I think we can still call them Pokemon, or if kyledove wants to be even more original he calls them something else.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Wichu hit the nail on the head - thats the idea. We are planning to call it something other than pokemon. If you can't tell the name of this topic is only a placeholder until we decide on our real name.
No Official pokemon is just another attempt of ours to be more different from the rest. It's a pretty bold move but I have a strong belief our pokemon will be just as good if not better than the originals. Not to mention spriting all 493 pokemon all over again in my style would take ages and just wouldn't be worth it.

Plus as with all pokemon, if you don't like it, then dont catch it. If you don't like any of our pokemon (which I sincerely doubt) then dont play at all if it bothers you that much. But I can say now we're gonna be featuring many pokemon from famous pokemon makers online and the general public.

You can look at this project as just our way of bringing the fanbase together to create something that is just as good as any official pokemon game.

Regarding the screenshot protection, I havent had much trouble with people stealing so far, but if I do begin to face such trouble, I will take the necessary precautions. I figure this project is too big and well known for people to go stealing from it.

@~Link Smash~ I'm afraid I haven't finished the region yet, its a pretty big one so it will take some planning. The game will be released when I am satisfied the glitches are all smoothed out and it looks good. I don't want to release a shoddy half finished version when it could be so much better.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
wait, hold up klyedove, will all of us playing be in the same trainer school. all of us go to the same science teacher,get the same choice of one of 6 starters. Don't you think that is kinda impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back